Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alaska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum152/)
-   -   Are Alaskans boring or busy? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/365597-are-alaskans-boring-or-busy.html)

Crumm 04-12-2005 03:03 AM

Are Alaskans boring or busy?

It doesn't seem like much is ever happening here in the Alaska chapter forum. I usually check in a couple of times a week but there is hardly ever any new topics? There is only like 50 topics since the chapter was formed. Maybe we just don't have anything to talk about?

PeeWee 04-12-2005 05:19 AM

Hey Crumm...I was wondering the SAME THING!

I check in here everyday...and it sure has been quiet.

Maybe, we're ALL in SHOCK cause summer is here? :-X10

You must be a nite-owl like me...it's 2:00 am and I still can't sleep. :-roll

Crumm 04-12-2005 05:22 AM

Yeah I work nights so when I am off work I still stay up all night to stay on schedule.

I am liking these warm days.. Maybe things will pick up on here next winter when we are all snowed in again.

samwe 04-12-2005 03:57 PM

I have been real busy with work.
At home I am swapping a drivetrain from a wrecked Explorer to a nice one with with no drivetrain, trying to sell my '78 Crewcab, started riding my bike home from work, (17 miles, so I can loose some weight) I am studying for MCSE tests, and our 3 child is due the beginning of June!

So yeah, I am busy. But I am trying to keep family time number one.

WilliesSD250 04-13-2005 12:54 AM

Busy....

I'd say were busy. Kings are around the corner, got to get ready for that and we're probably just amazed that it's actually still light outside:D

heavnbound 04-13-2005 01:43 AM

I know what you mean Crumm...we're trying to get this Memorial Day Gathering put together and get some committments from folks so we have an idea of how many to expect...with the exception of a couple "regulars" all I hear so far is crickets! And while I love the sound crickets make, it's not exactly the response on this that I was hoping for!:-X15

mlb4966 04-14-2005 01:33 AM

Well get more and more people but it takes time. Hopefully we can get more activity as we hold more meetings and more chats on line. I would venture to say it will probley be a couple of years before we establish a good core of people, number wise. I also hope I'm proved wrong and it happens sooner.

Plus there is the above mention thing, spring. Man love that weather.

Also does anyone have any comments on the Denali Highway come the end of May. Just curious if it's worth the shorter 180 miles or should I just drive the Rich-Glenn-Parks.

Vulcan3.0 04-14-2005 01:48 AM

Busy! Just back from our 1st winter outside only to find the well broken!
Backhoe time!!

Joe
02/F350Lariat4X4SD-SC 7.3 DRW

Crumm 04-14-2005 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by mlb4966
Does anyone have any comments on the Denali Highway come the end of May. Just curious if it's worth the shorter 180 miles or should I just drive the Rich-Glenn-Parks.

It is a nice scenic drive but it will not save you much time due to the condition of the road.

mlb4966 04-14-2005 10:54 PM

That what I'm hearing. I'll just go the route that I know since I'm pulling the TT. I'll have to give it a try one of these years. Maybe in the winter with the snowmachine. Its only, what, 125 miles. 2 1/2 to 3 hours on the snowgo and I dont have to worry about falling into 100 ft glaciers.

Crumm 04-17-2005 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by heavnbound
all I hear so far is crickets! And while I love the sound crickets make, it's not exactly the response on this that I was hoping for!:-X15

I like the sound of crickets much better than the sound of mosquitoes buzzing in my ear. It wont be long until we can start swatting :-X09 Oh well just part of the Alaskan experience.

It looks as though we are all just busy. I bet once winter sets in again the forum will get much more active..

Twin Tritons 04-19-2005 12:26 AM

Crumm,
Have you looked outside the last couple of days? Looks like winter is setting in again :mad:

redbeast 04-19-2005 02:53 AM

I would like to personally accept the blame for today's snowfall in Fairbanks: This is my punishment for taking my snow tires off on April 2.

PeeWee 04-19-2005 03:55 AM

FUNNY one redbeast! :-D

Personally, I LOVE SNOW! :-X21

But if you want then...OK! We will ALL blame you! :-X10

redbeast 04-19-2005 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by PeeWee
FUNNY one redbeast! :-D

Personally, I LOVE SNOW! :-X21

But if you want then...OK! We will ALL blame you! :-X10

I love snow too.....when it's winter :-D