Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oklahoma Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum92/)
-   -   checking in!!!!!!!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/357973-checking-in.html)

1978fordtruckgirl 03-21-2005 10:21 AM

checking in!!!!!!!!

Hey! Remember me? :-wink Just figured I had better check in before you did forget me.
First of all, Ron I apologize for leaving you high and dry at the car show. I thought I was going to get a couple of hours of sleep before we hit the road. I no sooner hit the pillow and Dave says, "Aren't we going to Tulsa this morning?" So away we went. I promise to never do that to you again.
So how has everyone been doing? I am still going hard and heavy with my new job. The assistant that has been gone is supposed to be back April 2nd., so hopefully I'll get back to "normal" soon. I have been told that I have done such a good job that I get to keep my title and my raise and that I'll be backup in case other managers are on vacation or something. They will send me to managemant training as soon as I can get enough courage to sign the paper stating that I will transfer ANYWHERE. Scary thought.
Especially since I'm going to be a grandma again!!! Oo. Everything is looking great this time around. I am so excited and a little scared at the same time. Everybody just say a BIG prayer!
So the weather is getting warmer. I'm in the mood for a truck meet. My phone no. is still the same, Stan. In case you were wondering! :-D
I am trying to get the truck ready for the races in June. Everyone had definitely better make plans for the Ford performance meet. This may be the last year to race the truck. We are thinking about building the '65 'tang for future events. And hopefully I'll have the '06 to race too. I still haven't fixed the truck back to show quality. The paintjob I want is going to take some serious dough.
Well, I'm going to read a few posts and get off of here. I'm on Mom's computer now and she links up thru ATT, which charges her long distance. I promise it won't be so long next time. I will bring my computer home soon! MISS YOU GUYS! CALL ME!

cigarxtc 03-21-2005 11:45 AM

No biggie, Alice. It was good to see you and Dave again. Glad he wasn't hurt too bad. Thanks again for the Cubans. They smoke great. :D The show was ok, but not worth $20. The coolest part was being five feet away from a running monster truck. Pretty intimidating that close. Congrats on the new addition on the way!!!! :D We're counting down the days to ours. Probably near April 15th(my b-day, by the way. ;) ). We'll see. Sounds like they are keepin ya real busy at work too! That's not always a bad thing. ;) I hope to make it to this years big races too. We'll see how that goes with the new baby. Yep, the weather is nice and my boats almost ready. I can almost hear the sizzle of the burgers and rumbling Ford exhaust for our next FTE get together. I wonder if Stan made it back from Mexico yet, or if we'll need to come get him out of a Mexican Jail. lol. :-X14

dakota_viking 03-21-2005 12:27 PM

Alice who??? :-wink :-wink

Just Kidding!!! Welcome Back Alice!

I think Stan was trying to smuggle one of those Mexican Ford trucks back across the border under and he got caught! :-X01 :-rip
Congrats on the job and especially the grandchild. I still say you don't look old enough to be a grandma! (Did that gain me any points??? :-D :-D )

Glad to hear from you and I'm looking forward to another get together real soon too! After April 14th I'll be a little busy for a couple of weeks as I'll be in Vegas for 8 days for a trade show.

Talk to you later,

Tim
:-X25

1978fordtruckgirl 04-08-2005 04:39 PM

Well, I see how much everyone misses me. I was in the neighborhood last week Stan. I worked at the Claremore Wally World Mon, Tues, Wed, and Thur night to help them get ready for their grand re-opening last Fri. I had 37 hours of OT that week. Boy was that check nice! I am ready for a GTG anytime. I will be on vacation April 15-23 with the exception of one night that I have to cover so two of our assistant mngrs can go to a class. So let me know. The lake is looking really good. We can even do Claremore lake if neccesary. Donations will be accepted for gas if I drive Red! :-D

Traxxis 04-11-2005 11:22 AM

Alice, you were in town and you didn't call?? Shame on you. I pass that dang store 5 atleast 5 days a week! I could have met you for lunch or whatever else! Hmm....

The lake sounds good to me too. How about may?

STan