Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oklahoma Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum92/)
-   -   good alignment shop near norman? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/350686-good-alignment-shop-near-norman.html)

okacookie 03-02-2005 10:28 AM

good alignment shop near norman?

hey guys i was going to see if there is a really good alignment shop in or around norman... i had my truck checked out at Sears yesterday when i went in to work and they said my camber was way off... which i new already... and said that i need to take it to an alignment shop. if anyone has a good place please let me know because i will have to get it done once i get the money. i use to use Big-O because thats where i got my tires but since i moved down to norman from yukon i dont really like the guys here... or atleast the ones i have dealt with. thanks a lot for the help guys.

chris

SwOkcOffRoader 03-02-2005 11:42 AM

i dont know of any shops, ive never got an alignment done before, but im due now...........out of curiousity, does your bronco have the twin I beam set up?? if it does an alignment wont help, if it has the Ibeams like trucks do the only thing that fixes bad camber is replacing the coil springs....good luck......

okacookie 03-02-2005 11:54 AM

yeah it has the IFS... so i just need new coils?

SwOkcOffRoader 03-02-2005 12:03 PM

i sent you a private message.......

Lobuck76 03-02-2005 07:44 PM

The camber can be adjusted. There are bushings under the top ball joint that can be replaced to adjust. The ford service manual calls them camber adjusters. I replaced the springs on mine when I replaced the ball joints awhile back. It helped some but I still need to get to the alignment shop. Every place I've called has estimated 100$ to 150$ to align the bronco, Mine is also '94 Do a search in the bronco forum for "front end alignment" or "camber bushing" There are lots of threads with info.

rogerf100 03-04-2005 03:45 PM

I had the alignment done on my 94 F150 2x4 at Sears in Norman. I had replaced the ball joints on the drivers side being sure to note the position of the camber plate for reassembly. I also changed the tierod ends. Unfortunately I waited a little too long before I got the alignment and have some excessive wear on the outside edges of the tires now. Sears replaced 1 bushing and aligned the truck for about $140. You could also call Reynolds Ford and get a quote on an alignment. Of course if it needs new parts that will cost more.

My truck had a bad vibration in the left front. I had a hard time determining if it was the ball joints or the tierods. I jacked up the front end and tried to move the left wheel rocking it top to botom and then side to side. I felt a little movement in the tierod so I replaced them first. Still had the vibration. So I borrowed a ball joint press from Autozone and replaced the ball joints on the left side. After I got the ball joints out I could see the bottom joint was loose. It was not hard to do just takes time and patience.

mr. dave 03-05-2005 04:24 PM

In the past when I've needed a front end alignment, I have used Ward's Frame shop in Moore. Haven't had it done for a long time, but I do remember he was the best and most economical in the area. Was very satisfied with his work.