Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Iowa Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum140/)
-   -   !! 2 Pages !! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/342979-2-pages.html)

chrono4 02-10-2005 04:26 PM

!! 2 Pages !!

we finally hit two pages guys. common lets keep em commin.

fordloverf2501970 02-12-2005 04:58 AM

yeah page and thread counts may make some people happy, but if you think about what point does it make to post senseless statements just to get your post count higher, wouldnt thin be a website just frull of useless babble then ? plus think about the bandwidth and storage demands on the site, not to meation the cost involved with storing crap for no other reason the page counts. i am not berating you at all chrono4, you are excited that we as a chapter are doing fairly well and i agree that showing your glee is a natural thing to do. i just wanted to state that yes posting is a good thing but lets have a reason to spend kens money on post that have a valuable theme and not just posting to post. OR giving the fact i havent slept in 38 hours that i might be a little off my rocker and should probley just shut up lol either way i dont mean to offend anyone. i think i should go try and sleep now

Saurian 02-12-2005 08:22 AM

These are the chapter forums. We don't have to have a reason to spend Ken's money here.

On a side note: Chrono, do you happen to know a Ryan Moon?

fellro86 02-12-2005 12:14 PM

check your settings, I see 6 pages... if you want to see how far it goes, set the time to beginning... but I agree, just nothing posts make it a little tiresome, but posts about something in general, rather than to get the posts up, are worthwhile. It can be just general bs, but preferably not just to have the count... just my opinion, not an official decision.

monsterbaby 02-12-2005 12:35 PM

Well when I started the lets liven this up thread it was to get guys to talking because if we do that then we start finding out about different things going on, and maybe chances to gtg, and meet each other that maybe would have been missed, and also maybe to learn what each other is doing, and make someone else interested in whats going on this is the kinda things that makes the chapter exciting, and maybe would make some of those people who have joined and never posted find something they are interested in and want to contribute or become involved with.
and fordlover you are starting to soundlike me by the time I go to bed on fri, I have almost always been up for 24-48hrs, and on monday by that time I get to sleep it has almost always been 30-40hrs but maybe thats just an affliction of us truck drivers that we don't seem to sleep like normal people I don't know heck when I get tired a 15min nap and I'm go to go for another 8

fellro86 02-13-2005 09:41 AM

Well Rob, that's the kind of posts that are supposed to be here, they admins don't want tech or sales threads in here, and even the one sticky'd at the top isn't really supposed to be here, but I'm not going to do anything different with it at this time. This is supposed to be the local gathering of a sort. But then when we do get together, what do we talk about... don't see a lot of difference.

69 and 85 02-13-2005 11:32 PM

hmmm, I have been an avid READER for a while now, but monsterbaby - your post got me to putting in my 2 cents. I have been posting in the forums that I have interest and some experences in... not just reading the "other guys wisdom".

I have seen some general "yaking" in the IA forum... but I thought that was what it was for. Roger - I consider you "the boss", so if I am a problem kick me out. Gotta warn you tho - Behind my family, my core beliefs, and my job ... my trucks ( and my tractor ) are right up there. I'll just be back under a different name :-X14 ... unless my posting costs someone money. I don't know who "Ken" is, but if he has to pay for what I write - I either need to send him a check or stop.

sheesh - this sounds WAY to serious.... Maybe we all need some sleep :-X07

Hey... it's almost Valentine's Day. Let's not forget what's really important!

fellro86 02-14-2005 12:40 AM

At this time there is not any users that even begin to merit being kicked out... all conversation is welcome here, I just would prefer it have some content that is more than saying "another post" or such, just for the sake of posting, but actually say something, like being sick, any suggestions... that IS the intention of this forum, general yakking, hope I haven't confused anyone yet. I'm not really the "boss" just the one that tries to get everyone together, and have the unfortunate job of relaying the messages from the top. But right now the chatter is that the admins don't want tech posts in here, and don't want general for sale or wanted posts. We have the sticky at the top for that, and I don't plan at this time for it to go away...(although the admins would like me to, but we'll see how it goes for us and for them) But the intention of the forums is to get to know each other, and idle chatter is how that can happen. I do encourage everyone to use the forum for conversation, noone is to be held back or think that they shouldn't say anything. It's kinda like break at work, think about all the different things people talk about then, same thing here.

Sam_Fear 02-14-2005 01:03 PM

I agree with you on the wanted/4sale part 100%. Just makes sense.

fellro86 02-14-2005 02:46 PM

Also, a quick note, if ANYONE feels I am out of line on something, PLEASE let me know... I am only human, and can take things the wrong way too. I don't mean to ostracize anyone, and if you feel that way, please contact me, or Rob, (monsterbaby) or Jacob(Saurian) or Adam (farmbOy) or truckertaz if you aren't comfortable coming to me with it, and they will take care of it as well. I'm not the boss, I just am your direct link to the top... and I can be called on something without fear of reprisal.

69 and 85 02-14-2005 03:12 PM

I think we're all fine.. :-X06

'the boss" was just a term of respect... for all the hard work you put into the board together. Heck, everyone should know my REAL boss is my WIFE!!

Appreciate the advice and thoughts of all here. I've learned a lot - hopefully I can return the favor to the next guy. :-X25

fellro86 02-14-2005 03:20 PM

I just wanted to be sure everyone knows that they have a voice, and not to be afraid to use it. There is no dictatorship here...

chrono4 02-14-2005 04:29 PM

well sorry bout that i just that i just thought id say that cause i thought it was somthing to mention. sorry

Saurian 02-14-2005 06:49 PM

It's not a dictatorship until *I* get my hands on it. Well..then Rob will just run me over...

...then Rob will convert the entire world to mud drag racing. Concrete? nah...mud roads!

truckertaz 02-14-2005 06:59 PM

Mud is for hogshttp://smilies.jeeptalk.org/ups/smarty/piggy.gif concrete is for racing :-X06

That should get himn goin :-fire :-X14 :-X14 :-X14