Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minnesota Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum86/)
-   -   Mn.meeting ? how about it (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/341431-mn-meeting-how-about-it.html)

HP junkie 03-15-2005 09:06 PM

Sounds perfect to me lets go! Where bouts do you live anyhoo? I'm guessing near Foothills State Forest. :-X22

fordfast 03-16-2005 10:01 AM

HP junkie,yes,foothills about 4 miles as the eagle flies straight west of me. Have you ever been there,its awsome!!! Now the DNR is trying to shut it down to trucks and atv`s because of a handfull of wacko`s(bunny huggers). Behind my house is state land and never seen DNR back there. Not as many truck trails but I`ve made many atv trails,some are impassable but add a six pack and its lots of fun. Give me a call at work and set somthing up,hrs 8 am to 5 pm. Just ask for Jay.

couleeman 03-16-2005 10:17 AM

I am game with the ATV. Won't do it with the truck as I got rid of the toy and now I just have the Tar Baby.

fordfast 03-16-2005 10:25 AM

ATV`s highly recomended!!! By the way my work phone #is 218-587-2132.

rick90yj 03-16-2005 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by fordfast
Now the DNR is trying to shut it down to trucks and atv`s because of a handfull of wacko`s(bunny huggers). Behind my house is state land and never seen DNR back there. Not as many truck trails but I`ve made many atv trails,some are impassable but add a six pack and its lots of fun.

THIS attitude is exactly why the DNR is shutting down land to 4x4s and ATVs. It's also why the "bunny huggers" troll these sites looking for more ammunition to take to the meetings to shut down more land. Be careful what you advertise.

HP junkie 03-16-2005 08:35 PM

I have been there lots of times. Had a couple meetings with the DNR ( nothing illegal) when we were there and they said its a select few that run from them when they try to stop and question them. They have closed alot of trails since the last time we were there. We are trying to plan a trip up that way this spring to do some mudding. I'll get in touch with you when we fiqure time frame and such. :-X22

fordfast 03-17-2005 10:50 AM

Rick, what attitude is that? I have a very good attitude! I dont think I`ve ever met you so IMO thats a statement without fact. Yes, sometimes I`m politicaly incorrect and like to say it like it is,thats what my wife says. As far as the anti-OHV people reading this, I hope they give me a call, I`ll invite them on a ride and maybe they can experiance having some FUN!!! I picked up the paper this morning and as of July 1st the Pillsbury state forest is CLOSED to OHV use, the Foothills state forest is classified as LIMITED. This means we get to ride down the Deerfield trail only,which is basically a gravel road that you could take a go-cart down,SAD VERY SAD. I`ll have to say goodbye to the nice folks I`ve met out in the foothills.....Now that I vented, when and where for FTE meeting and how do I join the MN chapter?

rick90yj 03-17-2005 02:50 PM

I was referring to your statement about making your own trails on state land. And add a six pack??? OK, now you're drinking and offroading...good impression. And, no, I don't know you, except by your words here. That's the impression you're giving.

fordfast 03-17-2005 03:32 PM

I guess I should have clarified>a six pack of pop<,sorry about that!

rick90yj 03-17-2005 07:57 PM

I guess I should have clarified>a six pack of pop<,sorry about that!

Make it Diet Vanilla Pepsi and I am there....

fordfast 03-18-2005 08:33 AM

Diet vanilla Pepsi it is, I`ll buy. Hope to see you someday and solve the worlds problems!!

billsco 03-18-2005 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by rick90yj
I was referring to your statement about making your own trails on state land. And add a six pack??? OK, now you're drinking and offroading...good impression. And, no, I don't know you, except by your words here. That's the impression you're giving.

Holy cow. A guy makes a lonely trail through the woods and has the nerve to bring a six pack along besides.

What have we Minnesotans come to? :-X15

fordfast 03-18-2005 01:11 PM

No BILLSCO I`m never lonely on the trail, allways bring BART the incredable choc lab my best friend and hunting companion. When BART stays home the deer and bears keep me company.....Oh yea, once in a while the wife comes along. By the way,BART likes POP also......ONLY IN AMERICA!!!!

billsco 03-18-2005 01:49 PM

.....Oh yea, once in a while the wife comes along. By the way,BART likes POP also......ONLY IN AMERICA!!!!

Not only have you got the environmentalists mad, the MADD crowd mad, now you've got the feminists angry with you for "the wife" statement, and to top it off, PETA is upset with you for feeding your dog dangerous, cancer-causing pop.

You're my kind of man.

fordfast 03-18-2005 02:54 PM

HAHA!!! The wife usually drives and BART only drinks sugar free,caffine free,drug free, carsinigen free,alcohol free,toxin free,non pasturized naturally organic pop unless it says OLD MILL!!!!!As far as PETA goes, I`ll have to ponder that one tonight over a steak and a side of bacon.