Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alberta Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum79/)
-   -   Seem's kinda of dead in here (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/338158-seems-kinda-of-dead-in-here.html)

mustange70 01-30-2005 01:47 AM

Seem's kinda of dead in here

You know it seems as though this forum has kinda died in the last couple weeks, now it's as though people are getting lazy :-X21, or, well. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ., uhhhhhh,.......................................... .................................................. .. ummmmmmmmmm,...................................... ........................................... .................................................. ...........uhhhhhhhhhh, maybe spending to much time in the tech forums :-X14.

Anyway I have an idea'r that might be interesting to try out, one is if anyone is up for using a messenger (like msn) service of sorts (see if you can guess what my msn is ;)), just a thought, i've seen a few threads on FTE with this done and it seems to work great (i have a few new friends from doing this, if thats what you want to call them :-D).

Or how bout we get to posting some links with some funny stuff (that sounds lame, lol), anyone else have some ideas, noooooooo wait i have another, how bout we post a joke of the day, or even get some more members up (alberta is behind bc here but it seems the exact opposite for particpation. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . hint hint :)) posting?

One another note, i'm thinking about getting these logo's made up into stickers, but i need to know for sure who wants some and how many, and if they (B.C.'ers) want to have their logo changed a bit to more differeniate the 2 provinces (but granted this will lead to a split, but with the activity as of late this might not be a great idea).

Cody
mustange70
AB/BC chapter leader

badgermike68 01-30-2005 11:17 PM

Sorry Cody...I've been busy working on the project lately and have spent most of my time in the tech forum....I'll try to think of a joke that I can actually post.....I work with a crowd that lends itself to a rather "blue" sense of humor....

Mike.

P.S. put me down for a couple of those stickers!

460f250 01-31-2005 12:00 AM

Sure, I'll take a couple stickers too, and if I think of a joke or something I'll post it.

By the way, where is Coutts?

longview1 01-31-2005 12:52 AM

Im with them. Ill take a couple stickers.
I myself have been working everyday and have very little time to enjoy the likes of FTE as much as i would like. ITs winter time, thayts why im here i guess.....work.

palace_master 01-31-2005 01:29 AM

I'm guilty of looking in this forum but not posting in it. Not much to say that relates to our Provinces, but I've been working hard on my '93 F150 5.0l XL 4x4. I'll take some pictures and post a gallery soon. So many things broke on it this month. I changed the heater core, clutch, clutch slave, u-joint, serpentine belt, oil & lube, headlight switch, dome light switch, and I need to replace the leaky radiator tomorrow so that I can drive it to the Okanagan this week. After I post a gallery, I need to get everyone's opinion. I put chrome XLT fender trim on the truck today, and I'm trying to decide whether to put XLT body mouldings on it or not. What does everyone think?

Chris
Vancouver

Mil1ion 01-31-2005 11:04 AM

Coutts is the town that shares the border crossing into Montana *Sweetgrass* to be exact.

Think south of Lethbridge

mustange70 01-31-2005 08:43 PM

Yeah Coutts, its an hour south of lethbridge, but i'm now up in edmonton for school.

As for the stickers we have to wait till more people are interested, the thread "chapter Logo: Version final", there were three people that got estimates, and it will most likley be the guy in edmonton (then i can deal personally with it and i could mail them out) or the guy that dennis got the quote from.

Anywho the more people that can chime in about wanting some stickers the quicker we can get them made.

Oh and if you see anyone on the boards that hasn't chimed in about the stickers (from ab/bc) let them know whats going on.

merc460 02-01-2005 12:57 AM

With work family and working on the projects, doing side jobs to help pay for the projects there just isn't enough hours in a day which makes it more difficult to find time to sit in front of the puter

Ironpants 02-01-2005 11:36 AM

Yeah, been tough to find the time to get anythign done around here. Tough to get on the computer, specially when you only have dial up like I do. Slow dial up at best too....

Anyone know what the chances are of a computer guy getting work in the oilfield - computer related? You guys use computers in the oilfield yet?? :)

66f14evr 02-07-2005 02:45 PM

I have posted but it seems when I do it gets one of those arrows or a lock on it.If i"m doing something wrong I don"t know what it is.Also been very busy with health issues

mustange70 02-07-2005 06:37 PM

Yeah i think that a lot of the thing is has to do with winter and all, i know i've been real busy as of late (i'm trying to find time to get these decals sorted out), with school and getting an internship through the school, but hopefully i will get these decals sorted out soon and then maybe we can get some action in here.

Mil1ion 02-07-2005 06:58 PM

That arrow means you have posted to that thread :)

Threads that get locked are locked for a good reason :)

jenral 02-09-2005 08:21 PM

Put me down for 4 B.C. stickers . Sorry I was out of town for awhile...but back nowlet me know how you want me to pay for em.....Thanks mustang

mustange70 02-10-2005 12:29 AM

I might arrange it so that you send in a money order or something to myself then once i get a certain amount, i place and order then i send the decals out myself, i will have some time this weekend to and get something arranged, i will try to have a few made up when i run through calgary next weekend.

phat56 02-10-2005 01:20 PM

Renovations take time so I can get back into the garage. The only way to do that is to keep the other half happy - ergo- renovations. Besides I type like a sloth - real slow. I do get to read posts through lunch at work, but the keyboard gets full of food if I try typing !! later B