Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alaska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum152/)
-   -   Finally! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/327506-finally.html)

greythorn3 01-05-2005 05:56 PM

Finally!

We are part of the US, as you can see now. Ebay still doesnt reconize us though. somtimes it has its advantages, but most the time it doesnt. like shipping axles or engines... not a good thing. well maybe we can band togeather and do somthing about the emissions laws, since the 3 or 4 70's ford trucks on the road in the winter probably are not affecting the enviroment.

Ray T
Anchorage

heavnbound 01-05-2005 08:33 PM

Well greythorn I think we'll need a bit more membership to have any "pull" with Juneau and the Feds! LOL!

Crumm 01-05-2005 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by greythorn3
the 3 or 4 70's ford trucks on the road in the winter probably are not affecting the environment.

Ray T
Anchorage

I can agree with that. We usually drive our newer rigs but I drive my 75' to work and use it for plowing snow. This amounts to less than 3000 miles a year yet I have to go get it emission tested every two years. It passed last time with flying colors but it is a pain and not necessary if you ask me. My 96' and 00' are both Diesels and they are exempt as far as testing.

akford351 01-06-2005 11:47 AM

Yeah its ridiculous how we get treated when shipping stuff... like we're a whole 'nother country or somthing. lol

I live in a small town and there's no emissions testing at all... :D

mlb4966 01-06-2005 01:33 PM

Try explaining the continental vs contingious things. Gets them all worked up. Preaty bad when the S/H is more than the product.

heavnbound 01-06-2005 05:33 PM

Or when you can't get it at all because "offer valid in continental United States only"

You'd think they had to ship it "overseas" or something! :mad:

Crumm 01-06-2005 06:55 PM

Yeah a guy on ebay argued with me for days about the continental thing. When he would not ship to me I told him he needed to change his add to say something to the effect that he only ships to the lower 48 and he argued that Alaska was not part of the continent. I think we are on the North American continent just like the other states but what do I know. I have just come to realize that we are a third world country and get treated like it..

greythorn3 01-06-2005 07:12 PM

Yup

they could at least drop the handling charges that are out of this world, and give us the actual shipping. since we are in alaska and it costs a fortune to 2nd day air everything that people want to send ups instead up going to post office and sending usps so we get a fair deal.

Ray
Anchorage

By the way, if you ever shop at schucks.. always print out the part and price from schucks partsamerica online, and take it to the store. i have saved over 100 bucks several times doing this. that way you pay fair lower 48 price instead of alaska pricing. they have to match their online price. lotsa people dont do this and get ripped off getting parts through them.

mlb4966 01-06-2005 07:35 PM

You thinked everyone that sees a map of the USA thinks Alaska is just out there floating around below California.

heavnbound 01-06-2005 07:40 PM

Well don't feel bad guys...when we first got the 'Net at our house, my wife was in a chatroom with someone who asked her "So do you guys have the Internet up there yet?"

Now bear in mind - she was IN THE CHATROOM with this person!!

Doh!:-X15

greythorn3 01-06-2005 08:10 PM

a dollar

if i had a dollar for everytime i was asked if i live in a igloo i would have a 2005 superduty f350 powerstroke crewcab xl in black 4x4 with a 6" lift and a banks kit on it. oh ya and 35 12.5 16.5 wheels and tires. black steel wheels. bart super truckers. oh and maybe a np205 in it too. black cloth interior also.

Ray T
anchorage

mlb4966 01-06-2005 09:43 PM

We know what Ray wants for his birthday. Nice Choice

underdog76 01-11-2005 09:35 PM

I always tell them I live in a two story igloo and we have to be careful not to melt through the floor. Ever try expainin what a honey bucket is to someone from NY? :rolleyes: