Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2004 - 2008 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum24/)
-   -   04 F150 SCrew Stock speakers? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/325744-04-f150-screw-stock-speakers.html)

jimshipp 01-01-2005 02:21 PM

04 F150 SCrew Stock speakers?

I'm thinking about replacing my stock speakers in my 04 SCrew F150 Lariat. I don't have the audiophile system and I just wanted somethin that sounds better. Does anyone know what speakers come stock in the front and rear door panels on my truck? Also, suggestions on cheap speakers w/ good performance would be greatly appreciated. I know nothing about my trucks audio system and really need to know the sizes of these speakers as well as the depth.
Thanks and I hope ya'll can help!

Monsta 01-01-2005 03:05 PM

Welcome to FTE Jimshipp! :D

Unfortunantly, you've posted in the incorrect forum to get your question answered. Not a big deal, this forum's Moderator will soon move this to the 2004-2005 F-150 forum for you. Look for it down there. You'll gte you answer in that forum. :)

Check out the Read First: posts on the top of each forum visited. They contain lots of good info for new users.

You're gonna love this place! We're the #1 Ford Truck Community on the planet! :-X22

See you on the boards!

Alllloooooooha! :)

MJEmerson 01-01-2005 09:49 PM

6x8" speakers in all 4 doors...i replaced all mine with some pioneer 3ways. they sound good and it cost me 125 for all 4. got em at wal mart. any 6x8 will fit depth should not be a problem.

HammerFX4 01-09-2005 03:01 PM

I took the size you gave,6x8 when I went looking yesterday.I found 6x9 everywhere but no 6x8.Are you sure about the size or did you mean 6x9?

Thanks,
Jim.

mjbesen310 01-09-2005 03:23 PM

[QUOTE=HammerFX4]I took the size you gave,6x8 when I went looking yesterday.I found 6x9 everywhere but no 6x8.Are you sure about the size or did you mean 6x9?

There 6x8 I just replaced mine about 2 weeks ago with Pioneer 3 ways as well. They sound really good although the stock speakers sound good as well before I replaced them. You should be able to get 6x8's anywhere! I got mine at Best Buy, but I see them everywhere...they are not 6x9's.

WhëëlMå1 01-09-2005 04:02 PM

6x8" is the typical Ford size. They have been using it for many years, in many different vehicles. I dont know what the speaker mount looks like on these trucks, but on past vehicles that came with the 6x8"s, you could sometimes get a 6x9 to work. The selection is not lacking in the 6x8 size either. Check out crutchfield.com for some options. If you check my gallery, you can see what 6x8s I used in a past bronco. I would recommend them to anyone. They have a very crisp sound, with AWESOME bass output for speakers without any sort of amplification.

Aubrey3 01-09-2005 09:26 PM

I also have the stock sound system (non audiophile). It is OK but sounds a little flat. Do the Pioneer's make a big difference?? ... Particularly in the base. The current system just doesn't have the depth.

My other vehicle is an Infinity with the Bose system. I assume part of my problem is simply I am used to the other system. It is very good.

Did you replace them yourself? How involved was it? How did you get the door apart? Where did you start?

jtrocks 01-10-2005 06:14 PM

The stock speakers are papercone - rated at 25 watts rms. I replaced them with a two way system from infinity - 5x7 I believe. got them from Circuit City off the shelf - they will know your truck model and will reference the odd speaker size. These are slightly smaller but when I replaced the stockers - they fit right inside the stock door PERFECTLY.

Then, I put a custom sub box under the rear seat and an amp to push it - while keeping the stock head unit - more power than you will ever need - JT.

Aubrey3 01-10-2005 06:55 PM

Jtrocks, there was enough room for a box under the seat? Can you take a pic and put it in your gallery (please).

jtrocks 01-10-2005 07:13 PM

I just got the digital camera for christmas - havent figured it out yet!!! But until then, I ordered a custom under the rear seat box from music moose audio located at http://www.musicmooseaudio.com/. They have a great - perfect fitting sub box. Got two 10 inch subs for the back under the seat (matched the interior color very well too. They also had the subs on sale from music moose - $99 a PAIR. They are dual voice and have like 70 oz magnets on them - JT.

Bozack 01-10-2005 08:55 PM

jimshipp don't let all these #'s confuse you. You have been told correct w/ 6x8's / 5x7's fitting our vehicle's. The 6x8 & 5x7 size speakers will do the job because they fit. So if you haven't found the 6x8's go back out & look for 5x7's
Good luck & if you have any ?'s let me know & I'll gladly try

KevinM 01-11-2005 09:14 AM

Just purchased a set of Infinity Kappa572.5CF. Was able to get them from www.cartoys.com for $77.50 per pair with shipping. How I did this was I found the following website:
http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=899&c=0501DealTime&b= Infinity_Kappa+572.5CF#sp
Which has them for $84 plus shipping (+$11), cartoys.com offers a 110% price guarantee. Since car toys have them for $149 they will give you the $84 price minus 10% of the difference. Shipping is free on orders more then $50. The final result was $77.50 shipped.

These Kappas are a two way speaker with an external crossover.

BTW the correct size is 6x8, which if the product is labled 5x7/6x8's it will work.

Aubrey3 01-11-2005 10:47 AM

Kevin, how do they sound?

KevinM 01-11-2005 10:56 AM

Have not installed them since I just recieved them the other day. As you know Kappa is the top of the line speaker from Infinity. While researching I have seen nothing but positive comments. Based on comments the Kappas are very well suited for amping at a later date if you so want. Since the price was right I couldn't turn them down. My other vehicles have Boston Acoustics which I really would like, but not in this price range. So what the heck I decided to go for it.

Aubrey3 01-11-2005 05:19 PM

Thanks Kevin

Let me know how they sound when you get them in. Also, let me know how easy they were to install. My truck is only a week old today so I am hesitant to pull apart the door so fast ....