Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minnesota Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum86/)
-   -   Where did everyone go? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/323403-where-did-everyone-go.html)

luckytruck79 12-26-2004 04:15 PM

Where did everyone go?

Seems like our little thread is getting a little weak. I know I have been much lately, but I'll be here more now. We need to have a new roll call and vote for someone. I would like to help keep this chapter alive. Thanks for the help guys.

Ol Rudy 12-31-2004 11:43 PM

It's winter in Minnesota...now we concentrate on getting through. Work, except for necessary repairs, stops. No upgrades, etc.

I was here looking for clues on boneyards with older (have a 1983 F150) trucks and note the inactivity...hope it's just the season.

Any Mom n Pop yards up there in Stearns County? I have a manual 3 speed hooked to a 300cid and the pivot for the clutch arm just broke off. That part screws into the rear of the block on my 300 (no...it's a manual not hydraulic:last year was 83)

I am third owner...truck began it's tour in St Cloud...second owner just moved "home" to St Cloud...he now has a hacked 1990 Ranger 4x4. Not a mechanic by the way...if you are or know an honest shop...tell me and I will tell Bruce. No...he's a nice guy but would know nothing about scrap yards.

Want to keep this alive? Post news and comment yourself...tips. etc.

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!

parks911 01-01-2005 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ol Rudy
Any Mom n Pop yards up there in Stearns County? I have a manual 3 speed hooked to a 300cid and the pivot for the clutch arm just broke off.

Check Rick's in Royalton, Jim's in Little Falls, Dean's Salvage in Baxter, or Shipman's in Brainerd.

I know there are plenty more around but can't remember the names. I think there is a small salvage yard around Freedhem that has older stuff.

As for me being around? I've been up in General Conservation annoying all the folks up there.

But then I also took on a new job that keeps me away & when I am around I have so much stuff to try and catch up on.

fordtruckfan90 01-11-2005 04:17 PM

...still here guys, my 90 got smashed up, but will be on the road by spring time. Now driving a 99 f-150 4x4, love it!

Boss_358 01-11-2005 08:55 PM

Still here, just trying to keep warm.

yendor 01-11-2005 09:20 PM

doing a lot of ice fishing so not around a whole lot

Ford79 01-12-2005 08:33 AM

Have you guys had time to set up any meetings or anything?

Bliath 01-12-2005 09:03 PM

Newbe

Sup guys, I registered recently and just wanted to say hi from Kabetogama, MN (near International Falls) where we've had a ton of snow and it is expected to be -25--35 below zero for a week. I guess I'll be seeing you around.
Bryan

lowboy250 02-01-2005 11:58 AM

I check in from time to time. I know that I'm actually living in Wisconsin, but I'm actually a Minnesota boy. I've got a 79 250 with dual 60's that I'm swapping to a 70U rear and installing a 4" skyjacker lift. I need it ready by the end of February!

HP junkie 02-02-2005 09:50 AM

I'm still here just in hibernation for the winter. Don't care for the snow too much. I am a summer person, but I wake up and check the site every now and then. :-X22

460461whatever 02-03-2005 05:37 PM

I think Windy Hill still does good business. They're north of New London and used to be my favorite when I was in high school. You can tell they have crushed a lot of cool stuff in the last 20 years. I finally got my own computer so now I can be a regular contributer. I will see you around.

Steve