Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Illinois Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum122/)
-   -   New User from IL Looking for 50 to 55 Classic (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/319691-new-user-from-il-looking-for-50-to-55-classic.html)

SJanninck 12-16-2004 01:22 PM

New User from IL Looking for 50 to 55 Classic

Hello All,
I am new to the List, hello to all!
I am in search of a 1950 to 1955 Classic Red Manual Pickup.
Looking for a recent complete restoration or , a truck that will be driven rather lightly, original as possible.
I will pay the price for the right truck!
Steve Janninck

IB Tim 12-16-2004 01:49 PM

WELCOME to the site, please read the Guidelines… Check out the list of forums and make sure you read the headings and Read First: notices in each forum.
The FTE board is HUGE! We want users to be able to find answers to their questions so it is organized into many areas and search tools are provided.
Please take the time to look around and check out the many forums. While you are surfing, you will find all kinds of interesting subjects and a forum that matches your needs. Buying and selling, is in the Classifieds section~
Enjoy FTE

Fordlover55 12-16-2004 02:17 PM

Steve, check out our classifieds. You may have to post a bit to get access, but after you start checking out all the forums, I'm sure you'll find plenty to post about. Also, check the state chapters in your region.:-X22

Fastronald 12-18-2004 09:48 AM

Welcome to the Illinois Chapter

Welcome to the Illinois Chapter............I must agree with our administrator and moderator, seeking a project truck is best done in the ads section.

Perhaps, the members could discuss a sticky for ads in the Illinois chapter?

Another topic for the January meeting?

Fastronald - Illinois Chapter Leader.

Fastronald 01-29-2005 11:52 AM

Classics

How has the search gone?

I must admit................my favorite Ford Truck is a 1951 F - 1.

SJanninck 02-12-2005 10:58 PM

Hey Thanks for checking up on my search!
I found a 1951 F1 Five Star Cab V8 3 on the tree Red color.
I am having a great time with the learning curve.
Great Truck, I am looking forward to getting the truck as close to original as possible.
Steve

Fastronald 02-12-2005 11:13 PM

51' F - 1

I'd love a nice 51' F - 1.....................but I'll be ready to have fun with it.
Disc brakes, maybe newer drivetrain, etc.

SJanninck 02-13-2005 10:36 AM

Thanks for the comments Fastronald,
This is my first old Ford Truck, and I have to say I really enjoy the simple technology. The truck I purchased is in great shape, all original metal, very complete. The only real thing I have to deal with asap is the fact that it has the original wiring harness, which I have to say is in good shape, but the fabric is heading south quik. I am going to change out all the wiring this winter, so the safety factor will be there for future driving. Wiring is great first project, should be fun.
It sure is nice to walk into the garage and smell that old Ford in there!
Steve

Fastronald 02-13-2005 11:36 AM

F - 1

A 51' F - 1 has such smooth classic lines and is simple and effective in it's purpose. I'd love to find a flat head v-8 in one and drop in a five speed trans, or just go with a 289/302 and four of five speed and a 9" or 8.8" axle. New disc brakes would ease my mind as far as stopping goes. I do need to have a chrome grille bar in one I find. A new wiring harness would also be cheap insurance against trouble. Maybe a later model split/power bench seat.
Where did you locate this one? Are there some still out there in the general Northern Illinois area? I would prefer one complete and running.

A 51' F - 1 is a stand out.

Fastronald 04-13-2005 06:42 PM

1951 F - 1

Going to post some pics? Are there other 51's still in the Chicago area you know of?

Fastronald - Illinois Chapter Leader

Fastronald 10-03-2005 04:28 PM

1951 F - 1

Hey SJanninck.........are there other soild 51's in this area you are aware of?