Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ohio Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum91/)
-   -   Cleveland Ohio meet (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/319563-cleveland-ohio-meet.html)

DJChunter 12-16-2004 12:58 AM

Cleveland Ohio meet

Just wanted to know if any of you guys want to get together some time.. maybe hit some local trails around here and what not.. i just got my beater back and wouldnt mind some 4x4 action b4 i put my plow on..
Dave

84-250 12-16-2004 09:17 AM

i'm around the cleveland area, i hope you have a winch and alot of patience cause my one wheel drive sinks pretty easily. x(
it'll still be nice to meet some guys/girls from this site

Freightrain 12-16-2004 12:15 PM

Ya, most of my stuff is not built for dirt either. It flies in a straight line only.

I'm off the week after Xmas, so if anyone wants to make some plans for a get together somewhere I can try to do that. I'm in Canton.

beerinside 12-16-2004 01:20 PM

I'm up for screwing around in a farm field or two and drinking some brews.

NeoCowboy 12-16-2004 06:00 PM

I will be up that way to visit family the week between x-mas and new years. I can talk to my friend and see if he can get us the land to play on. It is in Thompson which is 30 miles east of cleveland, I will talk to him tonight and see what he has to offer, not sure what can be done because of the snow.

RUNVS 12-16-2004 08:30 PM

Thompson I could do w/a few days notice. Easy trails would be cool for my truck, nothing gnarly anyway. If nothing else, I'll take plenty of photos!!

Randy

DJChunter 12-17-2004 12:08 AM

thompson would be cool.. i am kinda afraid to drive my truck out that way but if we go in a group i wouldnt mind it.. let me know whats goin on.. b/c the place i know off isnt too legit, but i go back there all the time..
Dave

RUNVS 12-17-2004 09:49 PM

Hey,

If we get together in Thompson (or wherever in NEO) does that count as an official OK/FTE meetin'?

Randy

F2504x4 12-17-2004 11:10 PM

so far it sounds good...and i would not mind trying out the 4wd on my truck but it is a non-LS rear so traveling in a group is a must....what time frame are we thinking of?

DJChunter 12-17-2004 11:50 PM

it doesnt matter to me, but i would apprieciate if it is on a sunday or a wed, b/c i work 2nd shift mon, tue, thurs, fri, and then 7:30am till when ever on saturday. so anything sunday or wed would be awesome for me.. thanks,
Dave

84-250 12-18-2004 10:34 PM

i'm up for a get together, just name a time and location

robtinalimon 12-20-2004 08:06 PM

Count me in. I am always ready to go play. Though, I have only put it in 4x for the recent snow. I am in Beachwood.

F2504x4 12-20-2004 08:14 PM

Well i'm head up that way tomorrow....how much snow did you guy's get?

as far a day to meet up, how about a sunday?

RUNVS 12-20-2004 08:52 PM

NeoCowboy can confirm that Montville is THE heart of Ohio's snowbelt and they record the most annual snowfall (140", I think?).

Anyway, I have a buddy who lives there and he said he easily got 18" of the white stuff over the weekend.

How does this Sunday (26th) or next Sunday (2nd) sound? We could probably meet for breakfast beforehand and/or dinner afterwards. C****** has the typical fast food and pizza places, a few cafe's and there's even a tavern or two.

'Cowboy can probably recommend a place. Besides, he has to let us know if we have access to that property he mentioned.

Randy

NeoCowboy 12-21-2004 06:56 PM

Well, I have at least one place and maybe more. My friend has 17 acers some of which is an old field although it has some sapplings in it but I haven't been back there yet so I don't know how many or how big.

He also suggested maybe going back some of the sap trails on his grandpa's farm but is a little afraid that if we hit a big hole we might be stuck back there for a good long time. He also has to check permission to use them and the dozer if we need it.

His other grandpa has a some land out in Trumble too but he has to ask if we can go out there to some of the trails. He is supposed to call me back later once his girlfriend is done with him.

As for food we don't even need to meet out as far as c******. There is Stocker's In thompson that has really good food and might have a better breakfast. There is also Plank Road Tavern in Montville that has good good but not too much breakfast wise but they have 12oz draft for a buck (3 kinds only) and a few more kinds in bottles.

Anyways, I will let you all know whats up at least on thrusday since I will be in Montville by then.

Does anyone have a real rig that they are planning on taking or just some 4x4 street trucks? Mine is pretty much stock other than tires so I know I won't be able to do anything really rough but it is enought to pay with. No matter what we do it is going to be cold as heck and a lot of snow, maybe as much as 3 feet depending on how the rest of the week goes.