Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Iowa Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum140/)
-   -   Meeting date and location (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/311796-meeting-date-and-location.html)

fellro86 11-27-2004 12:48 AM

Meeting date and location

OK, here's your chance to speak up. I would say that with our college crowd, (my wife included) mid Decmber would be best. So, it comes to this: Pick the date that works best, and if you plan to attend, and where you would want it to be. I want to give everyone a chance to have it in their home area, but if the interest is too strong in an area to justify having it far away, it doen't make a lot of sense to make them all drive to the few. So let's see where the interest lays, and I guess go from there. Speak now, or don't complain when it isn't where you would want it. My vote would be on the 18th or 19th. Weekends of course will be the best time, I can't see doing one during the week. So here's the current choices, any others can be considered, but the majority will most likely rule.
Dec 4th, or 5th
Dec 11th, 12th
dec 18th, 19th.

Locations at current consideration would be Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, or point in between. I need to have a fairly solid commitment to be able to make a good decision on this, and everyone can see why it would be made that way. Ideas? Opinions? PLEASE post if you plan to attend, when and where.

truckertaz 11-27-2004 03:41 AM

Depending on the weather I would vote for the 4/5 th in Cedar Rapids :-X06

Saurian 11-27-2004 06:21 PM

Any of those Sundays. Des Moines I would just drive myself (or likely be in Pleasantville), and anywhere else I'm sure I can hitch up with somebody. Anybody know of anything going on specifically any of those Sundays?

cowboywanabe 12-01-2004 03:10 PM

This Sat/Sun work for me if it's in the Des Moines area. As of now, I am open on the 18th/19th too.

monsterbaby 12-01-2004 04:28 PM

All of those weekends would work for me, I prefer saterdays cause I don't have to go to work that night but will be ok on a sunday (heck I'm a truck driver who needs sleep) preference this time would be DesMoines, but you know me I probably will make it anyway :-D
on edit the wife tells me she is working on the 11th so I won't have anything else to do that day.

Saurian 12-01-2004 04:52 PM

C'mon guys, lets get some more input! I wanna get up to another meeting =). If its in Des Moines..maybe we could all assualt a Ford dealer and take out their stock of Mustangs for some "friendly competition" =).

Btw..question. How hard would it be to get a dealer to let me test drive a mustang? Of course I'm not gonna buy it, but if I'm coming in there with a nice truck and everything that could be a trade...would they let me or would they sit me down and get my financial situation and all that hashed out? I know I know I shouldn't do that...but I wanna take one for a drive. Not even hammering it =P.

truckertaz 12-01-2004 06:04 PM

Sorry guys but Des Moines would be out of the question for me to drive too, with xmas and such $$ is a bit tight..

fellro86 12-01-2004 06:35 PM

Well, tell you what, guys, if you want it in the DM area, figure out a location and get back to me. (Yes, I know there's a Hooters there, the wife used to work at it!) It has to be somewhere we can get the youngsters into. Myself, don't plan to drink, but it presents a problem for the younger members if they can't get in... I don't know what all is around there any more, been too many years. Even something like mini golf or bowling would be a fun thing to do, and most everyone could participate. (bowling is a no-no for me these days, but that's ok!)

Saurian 12-01-2004 10:58 PM

Actually, bowling would be quite fun.

Bill, I'm sure there will be more then just you wanting to go from over there. When you load up with 3 or 4 people, the cost really does drop. As it is, I'd like Roger to meet up with me so that I can take my turn since he covered gas on our first meeting. I doubt it bothered him, but its just one of those things about me =P.

Heck..I might even buy a round of food or something - being the "youngin" of everybody. The more people the better. Just c'mon, I want you to be there =). You can't leave just Rob to give me hell! He's more then capable, though =P.

Why is bowling a no-no? Back?

fellro86 12-02-2004 01:09 AM

yep. did it a while back, paid for it for a few days. You just don't realize how much of your muscles you use for something until you can't...

Lifted78 12-02-2004 07:50 AM

I'm up for DM on the 18th-19th and bowling! My truck is running great now and it could use a highway trip again.

Cheers!

John in CF

Saurian 12-02-2004 09:21 AM

Anybody else like bowling? I can look up a bowling alley in Des Moines. Looking like the 18/19 date is starting to look acceptable. See if we get a discount or something...any of you guys closer to Des Moines know a good place to bowl?

I stink, I'm still learning to throw a curveball. =P

Bill..maybe you can hook up with John? ^_^

monsterbaby 12-02-2004 12:36 PM

well I have bowled at the indianola lanes, and like them not too far from DesMoines, and a bar next door (attached) for those that want to drink, a super walmart 2 blocks away for the women if they want, and several decent restaraunts close by. Just a thought

Saurian 12-04-2004 03:43 PM

See, now this is starting to take shape. Can we get you guys together there? I mean, I'm sure if you all had your heart set on Des Moines then we could find ourselves a place in Des Moines to go and hang out. As Monster said..Indianola is just a bit South of Des Moines...so that's not a problem. I'll have to call them and coordinate what all needs to happen.

So...18th/19th sound good? I don't think we can get anything togehter for tomorrow night with it being so close.

Judging from Hawkeye's screenname/location page we have 4 members locally to that area that could make it, plus Roger would be able to. And with Roger's proximity to some that means there's 2 more. I could maybe get Rick if I could contact him. Plus if a truck-pool got together from Cedar Rapids/Cedar Falls/Waterloo then we could get more easily. I could see a group of 10 at this meeting now.

Roger, do we have any business to discuss with this next meeting?

monsterbaby 12-04-2004 05:37 PM

And if you want you can drive up to chariton, and ride the rest of the way up with me if you wanted to.