Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arizona Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum80/)
-   -   Visual Inspection?? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/308720-visual-inspection.html)

Chris Nikirk 11-18-2004 10:53 AM

Visual Inspection??

Hi guys - I may be moving to Phoenix soon and have to decide whether to bring the '67 F100 with me. I'm running a 600cfm Edelbrock on a 360. Do I have to put the original air cleaner on, or will the Edelbrock triangle looking filter pass visual inspection?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
Chris Nikirk
Texas

2000silverbullet 11-18-2004 11:33 AM

As far as I know, we're REALLY lenient on inspections. I'm sure you could get away with a sock over your carb if that was the case.

I wouldn't worry about it at all. You should see the garbage that passes inspection out here.

stepman 12-19-2004 09:58 AM

Inspection....what inspection? A 67 don't need emmissions (or does it) I thought we only went to 68. As for out of state vehicle inspections...all they did when I moved here was check my vin.

Chris Nikirk 12-19-2004 04:19 PM

Thanks for the replies. I'm actually in Glendale as I type this . . . we're here checking things out. Neat town y'all got here :)

We're supposed to check out a house to rent that has an RV gate. If that works out then I'm leaning toward bringing the truck. It's not my primary vehicle so if it takes awhile to get it going that's fine. My wife hates the idea of me selling it quickly and getting nothing back on the parts I've put into it. And it seems like from being here this weekend (the weather is always like this???) that I'd be here a month and get the bug to build a hot rod again.

In fact, one of my potential coworkers has a '69 Ch**y pickup as a daily driver so we could have some fun there. He tells me that soon the legislature will probably relent and give us classic iron owners a free pass on the emissions deal.

tmcrew 12-20-2004 01:28 PM

Chris welcome to AZ. Yes you will need an inspection, cut off date is 66, you missed by one year. As for your air filter, in my opinion if you have the old one use it, dont give them anything to tag to on, you only want to sit through one emission test if possible. Also as to the legislator giving a break soon, don't hold your breath, air quality is one of the major reasons they keep checking older vehicles and second, revenue, the state is in a world of hurt right now and they need all the cash they can rake in.

Chris Nikirk 12-21-2004 08:52 AM

Wow. What a cool town. Awesome weather, scenery, and hot rods everywhere. And SoCal down there off of McDowell has some neat stuff in stock.

We rented the house with the RV gate so I'm defintely bringing the '67. Awesome. I think the stock air cleaner will fit over the Edelbrock so I'll probably show up with that on it. I need to get the PCV system put back together again.

Thanks for the help guys.

tmcrew 12-22-2004 03:20 PM

Chris if you like cars and trucks head to the Pavillions off the 101 & Indian Bend Road behind the McDonalds, there's a car show every Saturday night starting around 4:00 PM.

ANdrewdrice 12-23-2004 02:54 PM

I had to get a 78 vw rabbit inspected once (in chino valley) and if they let that thing pass, I wouldnt worry about your truck.