Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Indiana Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum124/)
-   -   Midwest Meeting (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/308690-midwest-meeting.html)

Fastronald 11-18-2004 09:36 AM

Midwest Meeting

I posted a Midwest Meeting thread in the General Chapter Forum and thus far The Iowa and Missouri chapters have been interested. The current suggsted meeting area is the Quad City area on the Illinois/Iowa border.

I would be interested in hearing from Indiana as to setting up an Illinois/Indiana meeting to extend friendship, involvment and share thoughts and ideas.

If the Indiana Chapter would like help, suggestions or advice to establishing a chapter, we'll be happy to help.

Thanks, Fastronald - Illinois Chapter Leader

Chris_ce 11-23-2004 07:18 PM

I would be up for a IN/IL meet. Would like it to be around springtime. Around the terra haute area would be fine with me.

As for a leader we had a guy wanting to do it but we havn't heard from him in a while I beleive he is still around but not sure. So any help you can give in this matter would be great.

Streetcruzer 11-23-2004 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by chris_ce
I would be up for a IN/IL meet. Would like it to be around springtime. Around the terra haute area would be fine with me.

As for a leader we had a guy wanting to do it but we havn't heard from him in a while I beleive he is still around but not sure. So any help you can give in this matter would be great.

I'm still here, havent heard anymore since we posted in the Indiana leader thread!
I would be interested in a in/ill meet, maybe try to set up a meeting place conveniat to the majority of members that would be interested in coming!

Cruzer

Fastronald 11-24-2004 11:46 AM

Midwest Meeting

Hi................excellant!

I'll check the map for site suggestions for an Ill/Ind meeting in spring.

Where are the majority of Indiana members located?

The majority of the Illinois Chapter are in the general Chicagoland area

I'll mention this at the December Illinois Chapter meeting.

We are planning a "show" at an Illinois state park.

This would be a picnic type of thing. No classes, no awards, no dash plaques.

Just a chapter meeting/show to have a good time.

I would be happy to help those interested in launching the Indiana Chapter.

Review some of our threads concerning meetings and the "chapter needs a leader" thread for ideas, suggestions, etc.

Fastronald

Fastronald 11-25-2004 09:49 AM

Locations?

Okay...would the Merrilville Ind , U.S. 41 Drag Strip in Morocco Ind,Valparaiso Ind or Danville Illinois be good meeting locations?

Fastronald

Chris_ce 11-25-2004 09:56 AM

danville doesn't sound to bad for me but will wait and see what the others have to say.

snowfighter 11-25-2004 11:13 AM

I will go to wherever is arranged by the group just post with some notice so I can plan to attend.

Fastronald 11-26-2004 10:02 AM

Midwest Meeting

I'll discuss the meeting with the Illinois Chapter at our December meeting. I e-mailed our Chapter Event Coordinator for his opinion and suggestions.
The Danville area could be a location we can agree on. Any locations suggested will be discussed among us at a chapter meeting.

With Streetcruizer expressing interest in becoming the Indiana Chapter Leader, this could be a great opportunity to have an open discussion about things to do and establish the Indiana Chapter with the site?

Between atuo events in Indy and the Chicago area both chapters could become involved and help each chapter to grow.

Fastronald

Fastronald 12-05-2004 04:31 PM

Midwest meeting

The Illinois Chapter discussed the joint Illinois/Indiana meeting as well as locations at todays' monthly meeting.

The preffered site for the Illinois Chapter members is at U.S. 41 Drag Strip in Morrocco Indiana. Danville, Illinois is a possibility, but the Drag Strip was the preferance.

It sounds like either Streecruzer or Chris_ce would be a solid choice for the Leader of the Indiana chapter. The choice is solely up to the Indiana members of F.T.E.

The members and Chapter Officers of the Illinois Chapter are willing to lend a hand and interested in having one or maybe two regular meetings with the Indiana Chapter.

So guys..............what would be YOUR preffered meeting location and what month would be best? Our show/picnic is headed for the month of June 2005.

Thanks again, Fastronald - Illinois Chapter Leader.

RedChick 12-10-2004 01:18 PM

I don't live in IN but 41 works for me!

Chris_ce 12-10-2004 01:28 PM

41 would be fine for me also.

Streetcruzer 12-12-2004 12:05 AM

41 works for me also!

Fastronald 12-12-2004 10:18 AM

Ill/Ind Meeting

Great!..............At our January meeting I'll bring up which dates are best and we'll go from there. If Streetcruzer and Indiana members could suggest dates as well, we can speed this up.

Is a date in June or July best?

IF...........you are able to make the long drive, our January meeting is in Joliet Illinois just off I - 80 or I - 55.

Thanks, Fastronald

nixer 12-27-2004 07:35 PM

might even be able to get some support from illiana speedway in schererville.
but they dont have a strip though

Fastronald 01-02-2005 03:50 PM

Meeting

Does U.S. 41 still have a web site to go to or contact them? Haven't been able to locate it lately. Anyone have the current number there?