Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Iowa Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum140/)
-   -   Winter meeting (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/308131-winter-meeting.html)

fellro86 11-16-2004 10:03 PM

Winter meeting

Well, it's getting to be that time again, need to think about a location for another meeting. I hesitate to call it a Christmas meeting, but it could be if everyone would want to, whatever. Need ideas for a place to have it and location. All ideas and suggestions will be considered. We could try the Amanas again, but this time in a good restaurant(Sorry, didn't know they had gone downhill that bad!). Pricetag needs to be reasonable, as I can't afford to be wasting big money on a meal, and I'm sure that other members have similar dilemmas. As of the moment, the chapter has no money, so keep that in mind as well that it will be financed out of pocket.

monsterbaby 11-17-2004 11:56 AM

Not that it matters too much but I will be off work from Dec 24 thru Jan 3 so anytime in that week is ok except for christmas day obviously, but I figure it probably needs to be on a weekend for those who don't get that week off. As of this point in time I don't have any plans on any weekends except christmas so whatever works for the rest is fine with me.
The amanas are fine but maybe we should move it to Des moines as we have had 2 in the eastern part, yes I know most of our members are in that area but we do have some in the western part also, and don't want to exclude them so maybe they can chime in as to wether they would be able to make one if it was a little closer to them, and what weekend would work. Just a thought, as I would really like to meet everyone in this chapter.

fellro86 11-17-2004 12:51 PM

I agree, Des Moines would probably be better, more central for everyone, and it is my intention to get meetings into everyone's home area eventually. It just happened to be the way it went having 2 in the east already. In all actuality, it is just as close for me to go to Des Moines as it is for the Eastern part too, and it isn't that bad a run for most of the guys around there anyway. Plenty of meeting areas too. You guys in the Des Moines area be thinking of good places to get together, and let us know.

nogo73 11-17-2004 09:31 PM

the weekend of the 18th & 19th will work for me. I think would work out best for everyone if we have it on a sunday. I going to be seeing alot of 6 day weeks. I know its wishful thinking with my schedule. if we are going to Des Moines how about :-X22 Hooters (chicken is good to unless you eat there all the time )

Lifted78 11-18-2004 08:56 AM

Des Moines is fine by me. Remember, one of these time y'all are still welcome to come up to Cedar Falls and hang at my place.:)

Cheers!

John

Saurian 11-19-2004 10:47 AM

I'll bring some work to do in your shop if that happens lolol.

Anyways...if we could do some meet-up work on this then I may be able to make it. Also..Sunday is a must. My only dilemna with this is that I'm kicked out of the dorms down here in Centerville for 16 days around christmas (24th-9th) so unless the dorm operator can get creative with someplace for me to stay (I work down here...very upsetting, but that's another story), then I'll actually be situated up closer to Des Moines in Pleasantville. And if that's the case...then if Rob was gonna make it I'd have to hitch up with him or *something*.

If its on a Sunday, I'm *sure* that I can figure something out. If I'm down here, I could probably meet up with you again Roger (And take my turn for gas), and if its closer to Des Moines then we have a couple of members running around up there too.

fellro86 11-19-2004 12:56 PM

meeting up is no problem, can meet at Bloomfield, be going through there anyway.Can't say where, it's been a little while, so don't remember what's convienient. I come into Des Moines on 163, so if I recall, Pleasantville is on my route. Sunday works fine for me, if it works for everyone else.I'm basically free on any weekend, just a matter of when I have our girls. But that can be worked around as well. 1st and 3rd weekend eliminate that problem.

fellro86 11-19-2004 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lifted78
Des Moines is fine by me. Remember, one of these time y'all are still welcome to come up to Cedar Falls and hang at my place.:)

Cheers!

John

All you have to do is find a reason why, and shout it out, or organize something. Don't have to make a full blown meeting of it...

Saurian 11-20-2004 12:07 AM

To meet you on 163 I'd have to cut through Runnels off of Highway 5, which would basically be 5 miles before Des Moines. About 20 miles separate P'ville from 163.

Be cool to see everybody again. Course..I'll have to play the "youngster" part again. I"ll make sure to wear some shorts that don't upset Mr. Z this time =P.

fellro86 11-20-2004 12:20 AM

My bad, Pleasant Hill is the edge of Des Moines. It's your call how you want to do it when it comes time, if you can even make it work out.

monsterbaby 11-20-2004 12:53 AM

saurin, if you are still down south you of coarse are welcome to come up here, and ride up with me, or I run up hwy 5 when I go to desMoines from here also.
BTW way I was down through your area today, had to go to macon MO. to pick up my new heads for the big block so ran down 202 to 63. I waved.

nogo73 11-20-2004 03:15 PM

It would be nice to have somthing in cedar falls its only 5 miles away for me. still don't mind driving a long ways to see everybody when I get the time off.

truckertaz 11-20-2004 06:03 PM

It would be nice to have something in Dubuque, after all its only 0 miles from where I am }> Cedar Rapids/Falls or waterloo area would be good too 8D

Mwoodman 11-21-2004 06:33 PM

Here is an offer to consider

Folks...

I'm very new to this forum, to this Iowa group, and to the Ford Truck thing. However, I've spent the last six years producing group driving events for a rather different kind of automotive group, so do have some experience.

More to the point, I am retiring on Thanksgiving Day after a 32 year career with the US Postal Service. I'm located in Cedar Rapids. Since I'll have a whole lot of time on my hands this holiday season, I'm just offering to help out in any way that anyone might deem appropriate.

My retirement party/Thanksgiving dinner will be in the Amanas, for whatever that is worth...in so far as doing any base-touching is needed.

Would love to be able to participate in whatever gets set up for this year, so as to meet a bunch of folks who know way more about these trucks than I do. Might even be able to discuss a spring event I have in mind, paralleling ones I've put together for sports cars in the past.

Whatever will help out...!

Terry, posting as Mwoodman

fellro86 11-21-2004 07:29 PM

Organizational help would be greatly appreciated, having had experience would be even better. I haven't really had much experience that way, so help is needed... As it so happens, the Amanas are my home turf, and it could be possible that I will be in the area at that time. You can email me at f_p_performance at clubfte.com. (proper email posting is not allowed, keeps the spyware programs from infesting the site) So when and where is your party going to be? I may have to swing by. As for events and such, any and all ideas will be considered. We are kind of spread out, but our major concentration is Cedar Rapids/Iowa City/Cedar Falls and the Des Moines areas. Trucks aren't the only thing, but they are the common bond that gets us to the site.