Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alberta Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum79/)
-   -   Carmen Elertra, 5 grand, and thats only for 3rd place (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/306947-carmen-elertra-5-grand-and-thats-only-for-3rd-place.html)

mustange70 11-13-2004 10:53 PM

Carmen Elertra, 5 grand, and thats only for 3rd place

That got your attention didn't it:-X21? Anywho as chapter leader I've come up with some ideas that would do this chapter some good, and i would like to know what everyone thinks of it.

The first idea is coming up with a chapter logo? I know that a few of the other chapters on here have done this and it turned out really good. This logo could be use as your avatar, or in you sig (for the club FTE members this would show up on the posts to:) ). For this i was thinking of using the FTE logo (the one with the superduty and late 40's ford) as a watermark of sorts in a ford logo, then i would incorperate various picture of alberta/b.c landmarks into it. Also i think that it would be a good idea to make a seperate one for the albertans and b.c.'ers in here if a chapter split ever does happen. So what do you think? And would anyone have any ideas as to what landmarks to use in this?

Another idea i have is to start a thread for those of us that have parts that they would like to buy and sell. The person would post what they want to sell will all possible details included (same goes for wanted items) then the interested person would e-mail/PM that person for further info, and once the part has been bought/sold the seller/buyer would post sold and the item sold/bought. And pictures could be sent to myself and i would put them in a gallery specifically for this purpose. Again with this, i have seen other chapters do this and they have had good luck with this.

A third idea is about possible meets and such. When i met up with dennis (that lasanga was good as well as the service ;) ) today we talked a little about this and i came up with a few ideas of places. A few of them were like a bunch getting together and going to see a hockey (if they ever get started)/football game (but make extra plans if we get removed from the building}> ) and then going to a Hooters or something:-X20 . Another idea is getting a table at various swap meets and all FTE'ers that are in the area could come in, get together and sell all their stuff and have a good 'ol time. Any ideas for something else?

So here are a few things that i thought would be a good thing to talk about because as one of the larger chapters (post and threads anyway) we are a little behind in this type of stuff and thought it would be a good thing to do.

All idear's are welcome.

jenral 12-18-2004 01:47 PM

Those are great idea's Mustang, living in central B.C. I don't have access to the amount of parts alot of you in the big cities have. That and I would love to meet some of the members around here. I'm no mechanic, but this site has helped me out of a few jams and for that THANKS. As far as tho LOGO goes see my reply in that post.

mustange70 12-18-2004 09:55 PM

So far everything has been covered, with the execption of defenit dates for get togethers, but that is a hard one to get for sure answers on, as we all know how something like that goes.