Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   FE & FT Big Block V8 (332, 352, 360, 390, 406, 410, 427, 428) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum51/)
-   -   427 stroker (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/305527-427-stroker.html)

ice cold 300 11-10-2004 12:42 AM

427 stroker

i have a 427 i was wondering if anyone makes a stroker kit for it i called summit and jegs they said no

gtex 11-10-2004 02:56 AM

Summit and Jegs are 2 of my favorite vendors. But, they don't sell crap for FE motors.

There is stroker stuff available for FE motors. And you came to a great forum to research them.

Once I sober up, I'll try to say something more beneficial.......

start with the following:

SCAT makes stroker FE cranks, typically used with BBC rods.
DSCmotorsports, carries many FE parts
Keith Craft. knows FE, and carries many parts

There are several guys in this forum running hot and stroked FEs. Myself, GTEX, and Scouder come to mind.....

You can also stroke a 427 with a 428 crank......

good evening, and may your shorts be with you.....

rusty70f100 11-10-2004 10:48 AM

Greg you're a trip. :-D

I think the easy way would be a 428 crank. This will make a 448ci motor.

gtex 11-10-2004 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by rusty70f100
Greg you're a trip. :-D

I think the easy way would be a 428 crank. This will make a 448ci motor.

I have got to stop posting after beer.......:-) But, to my surpise, there was still some relevant information in there ;-)

I always though the 427 block with 428 crank made a 454. Maybe that's at .030 over.

Scouder 11-10-2004 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by gtex
There are several guys in this forum running hot and stroked FEs. Myself, GTEX, and Scouder come to mind.....

It would appear that after a few drinks, Greg is not himself, so it becomes necessary to list Himself and Gtex as two seperate individuals. Do each of you get a seperate beer? :confused:

-Scouder

gtex 11-10-2004 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Scouder
It would appear that after a few drinks, Greg is not himself, so it becomes necessary to list Himself and Gtex as two seperate individuals. Do each of you get a seperate beer? :confused:

-Scouder

Last night, the two of us had several beers apiece.

I actually pondered that for a bit last night. Grammatically, I was using the commas to redfine Myself as gtex, not to say Myself and gtex. Just in case he wanted to do a search by username. Never drink and ponder grammar :-)

Madmike33 11-10-2004 11:41 AM

Wow Gtex and Scouder.. Those were a few interesting comments coming out of you guys:-D As for the originally posted thread. Check out "Flatlander Racing" and "Rpm Machine" for some Stroker kits.

Madmike33

Scouder 11-10-2004 11:50 AM

Last night, the two of us had several beers apiece.

I actually pondered that for a bit last night. Grammatically, I was using the commas to redfine Myself as gtex, not to say Myself and gtex. Just in case he wanted to do a search by username. Never drink and ponder grammar :-)

It was apparent what you meant to say, I just felt it was my duty to intentionally misunderstand. }>

-Scouder

gtex 11-10-2004 12:22 PM

My shortblock originally came from Flatlander racing. I cannot reccomend them. I think the product is OK. But the service, time to build and communication was terrible. I still don't know exactly what I've got!

Scouder, I'm glad I can provide some entertainment for you. BTW, you need to take Strokster's advice on winter storage for your project :-)

rusty70f100 11-10-2004 04:16 PM

Yep, .030" over 427 with a 428 crank makes a 453.8ci motor. Close enough to 454. I still wouldn't call it one though. I'd call it a 453. 454 is too much of an insult.

Scouder 11-10-2004 04:37 PM

BTW, you need to take Strokster's advice on winter storage for your project :-)

Refresh my memory. I can't remember what that advice was. :-huh

Besides, I seem to remember Strokster "advising" me to drink a fifth of Johnny Walker one night at the lake. I have a vague memory of eating Doritos out of the dirt. Pardon me if I take his advice with just a hint of skepticism.

-Scouder

"Beemer Nut" 11-10-2004 09:26 PM

454 Ford yes, 454 bowtie no.

Rusty, it's not an insult to have a 454 Ford, a 454 bowtie yes. Just tell them what Pee Wee Herman does and he wears a bowtie ( stroke, stroke,stroke, pant, pant). Pee Wee and bowties go hand in hand. Carl......o&o>.........

gtex 11-11-2004 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Scouder
Refresh my memory. I can't remember what that advice was. :-huh

Besides, I seem to remember Strokster "advising" me to drink a fifth of Johnny Walker one night at the lake. I have a vague memory of eating Doritos out of the dirt. Pardon me if I take his advice with just a hint of skepticism.

-Scouder

Well maybe he didn't actually suggest it to you. but he said that he should. And, that was to bring your truck here to Texas for winter test-n-tune....no snow here. Just many beautiful nights at the track.