Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Iowa Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum140/)
-   -   Would you... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/303606-would-you.html)

Saurian 11-04-2004 09:21 PM

Would you...

This thread is going to be a series of questions. Like..I'll post one to start, and somebody posts their response then creates another situation. Like..do you like Ford or Chevy, and of course you'd answer Ford (I hope...baaaad Roger ^_^ hehe) then make your own question. It's been kinda quiet. Anyways...here we go.

Would you....

Rather be in the doghouse for ordering a few dream parts from Summit Racing...

Or spend that money on your wife/girlfriend....with the obvious "perks" and "benefits" which correspond?

O.o ...harsh....

ocgirlywantford 11-04-2004 11:08 PM

Being a female I could understand why I would put you in the doghouse for ordering parts. But if it really meant that much to you I would agree!! But I would expect you to spend time and get parts!! With the obvious "perks" and "benefits" getting the best of both worlds!!

kc0rey 11-04-2004 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by ocgirlywantford
Being a female I could understand why I would put you in the doghouse for ordering parts. But if it really meant that much to you I would agree!! But I would expect you to spend time and get parts!! With the obvious "perks" and "benefits" getting the best of both worlds!!

She'll get over it, buy the parts.

ocgirlywantford 11-04-2004 11:18 PM

Why not just spend time and buy parts!! BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!! Think about it!!

kc0rey 11-04-2004 11:21 PM

Your not married, are you?

ocgirlywantford 11-04-2004 11:22 PM

Nope, and what does that have to do with anything?? it makes sense right??:-huh

kc0rey 11-04-2004 11:27 PM

You'll see one day. lol :-X10

Of course you and I both know you're right. Life doesn't always allow us to do everything we want too.

I am very fortunate. I married my best friend and I treat her as well as I can. However, she doesn't want to see me cry so she lets me buy what I want. LOL :-X10

ocgirlywantford 11-04-2004 11:30 PM

That's good and I am happy for you!! Hopefully she won't put you in the doghouse!! :)

duc_grrl 11-05-2004 12:07 AM

Now Saurian, that depends ... did you order the dream parts for MY truck? Then you wouldn't be in the dog-house at all :-X04

fellro86 11-05-2004 10:23 AM

it has to be give and take, If you do it all the time, expect to get told about it, if it is once in a while, and you can afford it, then it isn't a problem. It's called consideration. If it's all about you and your toys, don't expect to get any. If you spread it around, and share, it comes easy. I get what I want when I can afford it, but I also spoil the wife on occasion too, makes life sooo much easier. My ex would have busted my chops no matter, so you can imagine why she is the EX. Everything was about her, and I was the one getting shafted. I won't go into the deatils of the bills she racked up and wondered why I might get upset. But I also spend some money on her vehicles too, and she likes that as well.

Saurian 11-05-2004 12:04 PM

O_O I doubt my girlfriend would understand. "You...you spent 400 dollars on your exhaust? ...you could have flown out to me easily for that"

Anybody have another "scenario" to come up with. O.o

monsterbaby 11-05-2004 07:28 PM

well I don't have another senerio but when I get mad at my truck, and put a for sale sign on it the wife takes it down, and tells me to fix it, her response on ordering parts is I make the money the house is paid for the bills are paid, here bronco is paid for we have enough food, so spend it.

Texan1983 11-05-2004 07:36 PM

i would buy the parts, my g/f is easily amused right now, don't want to ruin that by spoiling her with gifts!

nogo73 11-08-2004 10:13 PM

Buy parts (just show me the money).

truckertaz 11-09-2004 03:59 AM

Buy the parts, after all isn't the make up sooooo much fun }>