Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Georgia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum82/)
-   -   The GrayRanger is No MORE!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/301291-the-grayranger-is-no-more.html)

GrayRanger4x4 10-29-2004 02:49 PM

The GrayRanger is No MORE!!

The Ranger not me. The wife was on her way to a job interview and a dodge d 20 van ran a stop sign and she could not stop.Well she shorten the Ranger about 2 feet when she t-boned the van.
She is doing fine but is Very sore and has a bursed chest from the seat belt.The driver of the van was not hurt.
Now what do I do.I call my ins. compwny and they told me that I need to contack the other ins,co. and deel with them .That does not sound right to me.I thought they where surpose to handel it .I need some help here on what to do.

Ladyfire3374 10-29-2004 05:16 PM

Glad wife is OK and seat belt did its' job!
Last one I had, felt like I'd been beat with a stick.

This is where your agent (if you use one) earns his pay, because things have changed in the insurance biz.

Insurance companies are required by law to keep so much money in "reserves", which they normally invest. Before the stock market melted down @ 2001, insurers were making boatloads of money on their reserves in the market. Management got fat, dumb & happy, and let their costs spiral out of control. When they market went south, that income dried up and they couldn't hide from the costs.

Your company collects your premium $, and then pays some of those $ out in claims - to whoever YOU hit. They don't want to talk to you, except to collect premium. By law, they have to talk to whoever you hit. Flip this around, and you can see why your company wants you to deal directly with the other company.

A few tips:
Insurers have learned that the faster they pay a claim, the less it costs them. If they don't respond to you quickly, your aches and pains tend to get much worse. They want to write you a check so you'll go away. So be sure about medical bills & damage before you sign anything & take their money.

If somebody is a real jerk,find out who the VP of claims is. Call them. You'll get their assistant. Be very, very nice. Tell them all the dates & times you have called their guy (or gal), and how said guy/gal didn't return phone calls or was a jerk, etc, etc. The big guys hate to have little s**t like this bother them, and that same s**t will often roll back downhill, where it belongs.

The standard advice: Know what you want and back it up with figures, receipts, etc. Document every conversation you have with them. Your recourse is the state insurance comissioner.

Sorry to be so long-winded, but I hope this helps-

GrayRanger4x4 10-29-2004 06:03 PM

Thanks for the Info LadyFire. Here is a picture of the Ranger,
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...83_52_full.jpg

jharvey3 10-29-2004 07:00 PM

Dang Jeff, glad Norma is ok, but like Liz said DON'T SIGN ANYTHING until you get what you want, usually insurance co's will have you sign a waiver that releases them from any further liability and then hand you a check, may want to think about a lawyer if your insurance agent won't help. Then I'd be looking for another agent.

John

old87 10-29-2004 08:27 PM

Good advice to follow. Glad all people are o.k.
Wish I could help Jeff...
Take care.

GrayRanger4x4 10-29-2004 10:37 PM

Thanks for all the well wishes for the wife,shes doing fine{full of pain meds and sleeping like a Baby!!!:-X17:-X17}
And thanks for the help about the Ins.It was a Church van so I dont went to push to hard, but I dont went to get cheated either.I guess I got to walk a thin line on this one.:-X16

GrayRanger4x4 10-30-2004 02:36 PM

Just one more picture.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...83_53_full.jpg

Ladyfire3374 10-31-2004 09:01 AM

That's my absolute favorite color combo. (WAH!) I hope your wife recovers quickly, but she'll be sore for at least a week.

One more small piece of advice - some churches can be remarkably un-Christian when it comes to money. Some also feel they are above the law when it comes to little details like carrying insurance. Has the pastor called to see how your wife is doing?

So be fair about what you are entitled to. THEY ran the stop sign. Jesus did say "Render unto Caeser...", which I've always taken to mean honor your obligations in the secular world.

Ain't no fine line in that-

3broncocrazy 11-02-2004 05:26 PM

Hey Jeff, sorry to hear about the ride:( Glad to hear all is Okay

evilbeast 11-02-2004 09:33 PM

sorry to hear that Jeff, wish there was something that i could do, hope all is well, keep us updated!!

GrayRanger4x4 11-02-2004 11:32 PM

Sorry I have not updated ya'll lately.But I started a new Job Monday and have been real busy after work.
1. The new job is a Juvenile Correctional Officer at Eastman YDC.
2. My Daddy had surgery on his knees 2 weeks ago,Had to go see him .He is doing fine 4 to 5 more weeks of rehab for him.Had to help take of Mom too.
3. Wife is still sore but getting better.The truck was officially totaled today now I got to deal with the Ins. co.{thanks for all the info}.

evilbeast 11-04-2004 12:23 AM

best of luck on the new job, and remind me not to do anything stupid, oh yeah, im not a juvy anymore, aint that wierd!! send my best to Norma, and tha gang, hope your father is back on his feet soon. keep us posted, and dont be a stranger!!

Ladyfire3374 11-04-2004 06:21 PM

Gray,

I'll keep all y'all in my prayers-

GrayRanger4x4 11-09-2004 10:24 AM

Thanks guys and gals for the kind words!! Dad is doing a lot better,at 84 years young just getting over the surgery is great in its self.He is up and walking {with help} now so its just a slow go.
Norms is getting better,but shes got some big ol bruises but she is not as sore as she was.She says Thanks for all the good wishes and prayers.
The job ,well what can I say.......... Its a job.Good money and fare benifets.I'll hang in there till something better comes along.
Thanks again !!!!
Jeff and Norma

P.S. Evil .You are a good boy to the one I deal with!!I hope I never see anyone kids frome here in there.Bad place to be.

FordF-350woman 11-09-2004 11:35 PM

Jeff and Norma,
Glad to hear everyone is doing good. I will keep everyone in my prayers!
Michelle:)