Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ranchero & 1961 - 1967 Econoline (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum43/)
-   -   200 engine swap / 63 econ p/u (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/300028-200-engine-swap-63-econ-p-u.html)

cowkicker59 10-26-2004 12:04 PM

200 engine swap / 63 econ p/u

200 engine swap / 63 econ p/u
<HR style="COLOR: #666666" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->(moved this post off of "Armantanzarian's" thread)

Jim;
Thanks for that info, I think I will go with the 200. Do you know , is there any problems with the three speed in that swap? And do you know what city this Eugene Phillips lives in? I am in Central California myself. Thanks,

cowkicker59

Jimbare 10-26-2004 10:24 PM

you have mail cowkicker.

cowkicker59 10-27-2004 12:08 AM

No mail yet

Jim, don't get mail here yet , sorry!

Cowkicker59

cowkicker59 10-27-2004 10:37 PM

thanks Jim

Thanks Jim for that info, yea I expect I should be able to get mail in about a week. Hey by the way, what area you in?

Cowkicker59

Jimbare 10-28-2004 05:04 PM

north east oklahoma, bout 40 miles east of tulsa.

cowkicker59 10-30-2004 07:48 PM

Jim, your info will be here next week

Jim, the info on the 63 ford econoline I bought I will forward to you this next week, around Friday. I will have the guys old motorhome out of the way so I can bring this thing home. I was gettin intolerant and had even had a forklift on standby if this guy didn't move this motorhome out of the way, so I could drive this home. But I was able to get into the cab and see that the military ID is still in tact, do you want that info as well? It is the Federal ID plate. I will be getting some old econo club news clippings if anyone wants a copy, it shows how to break down the codes in the VIN number. Any how, I used to live in Oklahoma when I was working the oil rigs, loved it there. Talk to ya next week.

Cowkicker59

Jimbare 10-30-2004 09:49 PM

if you have a camera i would love to have pics of the military plates. also if it has the max speed decal on it i would like to have a pic of it.

it should have an extra pair of lights on the front somewhere, mabey on the nose or up on the top, being military.

is it an army,navy or airforce truck? that info and anyother you have on its origon would be nice.

cowkicker59 10-30-2004 10:26 PM

Military issue / 63 econoline

Jim;
I will take pictures when I get it home, it is currently stuck between a dodge motorhome (two inches from the front) and a model T flatbed roadster (4 inches from the rear and the back of it is against the garage wall) no way to move the dodge it has 4 flats, so I am going to slide the econoline out with a forklift. I remember comparing the ID codes but it wouldn't decifer being it was a military issue and then used in the Parks dept. The only apparent crack in the body is in the tail gate at the hinge point. Regarding the extra lights you mentioned,are you talking about clearance lights or spotlights? This is a three window truck with an inline 6, 140 in. three speed floor shift and still has the original hub caps and door locks. The only addons are heavy duty bumpers. There were less than 800 of these made with only less than 400 being a 3 speed on the floor. This truck still runs, a little tired but it runs. Bought it for 800 dollars here in Calif.
Talk to ya soon.

Cowkicker59

Jimbare 10-30-2004 11:14 PM

they should be round turnsignal/flashers on the nose, usually around the headlights.