Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Illinois Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum122/)
-   -   Illinois Chapter's Second Meeting (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/285628-illinois-chapters-second-meeting.html)

Fastronald 09-20-2004 07:13 PM

Illinois Chapter's Second Meeting

Our next meeting will be in mid October on a Sunday at 1:00. I agree with JohnT, in setting the date on Sunday the 10th. Any thoughts on that date?

I'll locate a new spot a bit farther west of our first meeting. This will be in the Willowbrook/Darien/HinsdaleDowners Grove area. This area is close to Route 83, I - 55, Ogden Ave. and the Tollway system.

The weather may not hold for us to meet outside..............so I'll find an indoor spot.

I'll pass out copies of the sheets I had last Sunday to our new faces at the meeting.

I may have a trivia quiz ready this time with a small prize to who ever answers the most questions.

I've given thoughts to a small long distance award to those who drive an extended distance to attend chapter meetings as incentive and recognition for their efforts.

If you have any thoughts, ideas or suggestions let us know. Thanks, Ron

fairmontman 09-21-2004 09:16 PM

I may not be able to make the October meeting,both the tenth and seventeth I may be tied up not sure yet.Keep me posted on the date. Fairmontman

Fastronald 09-22-2004 12:11 PM

second meeting

Not to worry fairmontman.if you have family commitments, you'll be there in spirit and we'll be sure to share the meetings happenings with everyone!
Thanks for becoming our first ever Tech Coordinator!

The meeting is still set for Sunday the 10th..........IF the weather is STILL nice, we'll have another outdoor meeting.........IF things go south, we'll be indoors. I'm getting to a short list of outdoor/indoor locations for us.

I'm confident we'll see more new faces for the second meeting.

Everyone be sure to send JohnT your suggestions for future chapter events/etc.

Fastronald 09-22-2004 08:05 PM

Second meeting

At our second meeting, I'll hand out the sheets from the first meeting to our new members as well as additional sheets with ideas, suggestions, etc.

I have thought of a "recuiter" contest to spread the word about the Ford Truck site as well as our Chapter.

An award to the member who attends the most meetings in a calendar year (I don't believe either myself or our chapter officers should be able to recieve this one)

A regular trivia contest with a small prize to the winner.

That Officers and Leader terms of office should be one year minimum to two years maximum to allow others to hold office. The terms would start/end at our September meeting.

Embroidered shirts to indentify us as F.T.E. Illinois Chapter Members and Officers.

To create an Illinois Chapter "logo" to indentify us. This could be on decals, bumper stickers, etc.

When our chapter grows larger, perhaps shirts to be worn by our officers to indentify them to our memebrs and interested parties.

Celebrate members birthdays.......IF....................if they approve of the mention of their birthday.

I'll have a full list for the October meeting. Thanks to all...Ron

Fastronald 09-24-2004 06:40 AM

Almost there

I've got one more spot to check out after work today and I should have our second meeting location selected shortly. I'll have the new information sheets as well as last months sheets for our new faces. I'm happy to see more new names in our chapter threads! I'm sure we'll all be happy to meet and greet them at the meeting and into the chapter.

Thanks, Ron

Fastronald 09-24-2004 04:12 PM

Second Meeting Location

Ok.....Our 1:00 Sunday,October 10th Chapter meeting will be at "The Patio".

It's located on Route 83 and is NORTH of 75th Street in theWillowbrook/Darien area.

It's located on the WEST side of rt. 83 and is about a half mile NORTH of
I - 55.

We'll meet in the parking lot and go in as a group. Please be prompt.

I'll be sure they know how many of us are there and they can move tables together as required to meet our needs.

IF the weather is still very nice, after our meeting at The Patio, we could move to Willow Pond on Plainfield and Adams st. in Willowbrook and discuss things further if we care to.

I'm re-writing the additional sheets to be sure I have the bases covered and the Chapter can review the ideas - suggestions - etc. to change them, use them or dump them.

If you have a conflict on the October 10th date, let us know.

Thanks, Ron

JohnT 09-25-2004 06:10 PM

Ron, Oct 10 sounds good to me! I'm looking forward to the next meeting. Only 2 more weeks! I like all of your ideas for the contests, member t-shirts,etc. All of that should make this Chapter a really fun thing to be a part of. I'm looking forward to the trivia quiz. I think I know alot about Ford trucks, so I should be able to do well with that. Hopefully, the weather will still be nice on the 10th, so I can drive one of my trucks!

95F250NUT 09-25-2004 11:19 PM

Ron Oct 10th is good for me - Thank you and I will see you all there. Get ready to SMILE for for the pictures I will take and share with all of us. Shine up your trucks for the pictures to share as well. See you soon, Tim:-X0A6

fairmontman 09-26-2004 09:32 PM

Sorry guys I won't be able to make the October meeting I'll be tied up,let me know what goes on at the meeting. Bob

dirtdrummer 09-27-2004 06:38 PM

hey guys, Just thought I would let whoever needs to know, that I am going to be at the meeting on the tenth. For planning purposes, how far is the Patio from Glendale Heights. I'm just off army trail road about 3 miles west of I-355. I am looking forward to the meeting!!

TEd

Fastronald 09-27-2004 08:13 PM

Second Meeting

I'd take 355 SOUTH to 75th Street, 75th street EAST to Route 83. Turn LEFT/NORTH to the Patio. I guess it might take about 40/45 minutes to get there. Ron

dirtdrummer 09-27-2004 09:16 PM

thanks for the directions Ron.

Ted

Fastronald 09-28-2004 12:56 PM

Second Meeting

The Patio is on the WEST side of route 83 and just north of the intersection of 75th and rt. 83.

Fastronald 10-03-2004 08:53 AM

Second Meeting

I got an e-mail about a back up meeting location.................so IF ..for some reason the Patio is not an option. We'll meet at Johnny Falcos about a mile SOUTH on rt. 83 and on the EAST side of rt.83. You would turn Left at the first stop light AFTER I - 55.
I hope we are able to welcome many new faces at our second meeting.

95F250NUT 10-03-2004 09:06 AM

We are still meeting at the Patio on Rt 83 at 1:00 pm on Oct 10th - If there are any changes please keep us informed. Thanks Fastronald