Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alberta Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum79/)
-   -   Best Ford truck mechanic in Edmonton area? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/284353-best-ford-truck-mechanic-in-edmonton-area.html)

Frank Lang 09-17-2004 12:46 PM

Best Ford truck mechanic in Edmonton area?

Can anyone recommend a good, honest mechanic for my 1988 F150 truck in the Edmonton/St. Albert area? I have been using City Ford, and they seem quite good, but as a dealer their rates are quite high. Any advice--preferably the good ones, but also any to avoid.
Thanks for any help.
Frank.

badgermike68 09-17-2004 10:12 PM

You might want to try Detech Auto......corner of 76ave. and 50st.

Aubrey does not specialize in any make/model but has proved to be very reliable, honest and affordable everytime I have used him.

I'm sure others will chime in!

Mike.

Haakeyez50 11-22-2004 08:53 AM

Mec.

:-tap I can give you two people to see for mecanical work. The first one is Belveder Automotive 51st and Between 127-129 ave. See Jack the owner vary reasonable. An example is I sent this lady to him Crostown was going to charge her $1600 for a repair He did for $400. The other person is me but I do not do evey thing any more I pick and chose my work getting older and don't need to work hard physicaly sooner use the head than the body. I would leave you an email but not allowed here send me something RE: want mechanic Haakeye :-X06

evo-pete 11-28-2004 10:43 PM

I have had good luck with jd automotive on the northside 127 st and about 120 ave.

Peter

Musicman250 12-01-2004 11:21 PM

Sherwood Park Rules!

Hey Haakeyez, nice to find another FTE member in Sherwood Park at last. :-wink It would be cool to meet up some time. I've seen your website pics, so I'll keep a look out for your truck around the park.
Quick question, I have bought some some new tires from Can Tire, but not fitted them yet. Do you know anyone local that will fit and balance them cheaper than Can Tire. :-X03

F350CENTENNIAL 12-02-2004 11:35 AM

Repairs

I live in north Edmonton, but drive to Denham Ford in Wetaskiwin for any repairs. Have also used Lamb Ford in Camrose and they are also really good. I know they are some distance from St Albert, but worth the drive.

Frank Lang 12-02-2004 12:36 PM

That seems like a really long way--either to Camrose or Wetaskiwin--for repairs. Are they really that much better in either of those dealerships than a similar dealership in Edmonton--i.e. better cost or better work? I have been using City Ford in North Edmonton/St. Albert, and they seem pretty good, though at dealer prices ($75 per hour labour) that adds up pretty quickly.
Thanks for your response.
Frank.

jarimac 12-05-2004 11:02 PM

DK Ford in Leduc is tops. Ask for Mike K. He is one of the few Master Techs in Canada. Specialty is deisel. Their rates are much lower than city and they have no charge loaners if you give them some notice. I wont let anyone else touch my truck other thank Mike

popsbronco 12-17-2004 03:38 AM

ford mech early bronco

Originally Posted by Haakeyez50
:-tap I can give you two people to see for mecanical work. The first one is Belveder Automotive 51st and Between 127-129 ave. See Jack the owner vary reasonable. An example is I sent this lady to him Crostown was going to charge her $1600 for a repair He did for $400. The other person is me but I do not do evey thing any more I pick and chose my work getting older and don't need to work hard physicaly sooner use the head than the body. I would leave you an email but not allowed here send me something RE: want mechanic Haakeye :-X06

re :-X22 :WANT MECHINIC HAAWKEYE

fordDR 01-09-2005 10:32 AM

frank that is pretty cheap for a ford dealership i am 4 hrs noth of edmonton and work at a ford dealership and our rate is 101.23 per hr no wonder i do all kinds of work on the side