Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minnesota Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum86/)
-   -   Wheeling spots near Bemidji (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/283299-wheeling-spots-near-bemidji.html)

natewoz 09-14-2004 10:31 PM

Wheeling spots near Bemidji

Howdy all,
I'm from Wisconsin and am attending Bemidji State University. I wondering if there are any public places up here that anyone can go 4wheeling at. Thanks guys.

chromiumh1 09-15-2004 07:06 AM

With the new laws in MN I dont think that there are very many places to go with all of the wetland protection stuff going on.

mwellner 12-05-2004 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by natewoz
Howdy all,
I'm from Wisconsin and am attending Bemidji State University. I wondering if there are any public places up here that anyone can go 4wheeling at. Thanks guys.

There is some wheeling near Buena Vista.
Its called Black Lake Road.

rangerxlt02 12-09-2004 03:38 PM

Crap, it's been so long since I went to BSU, I can't remember the places we went.

What you should do it ask around at a couple of the bars up there, or ask some friends if they are locals. They should be able to tell you about some places they go.

natewoz 12-12-2004 11:59 PM

Thanks guys,

A guy already said something about Beuna Vista. Gone a few times on private land with my buddies, squeezed the F150 through holes cut for a scrambler. Thanks again

Mr. Bill No. Mn 03-21-2005 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by mwellner
There is some wheeling near Buena Vista.
Its called Black Lake Road.

Don`t get caught- the DNR is watching. Getting pretty spendy.

nebechanezer 03-26-2005 08:33 PM

Go to the Blue Moon Saloon, south of bemidji, near becida. Good food, nice help, and they have pictures up on their board of a bunch of muddin. might want to ask around there. Dont go to the becida bar, service is piss poor is you arent a local. worked up there last winter/spring, did some drinkin at both, even tried to tip good at becida, help was never that helpful. Blue moon has some damn good ribs, too. Whats going on at the old Georgia Pacific plant site on the lake, is that being developed yet?

Mr. Bill No. Mn 03-26-2005 09:08 PM

The plant is all torn down. The city is still fighting with the owner about who is going to clean up the pollution in the ground. The owner wants Bemidji to foot the bill. Bemidji says its thier property clean it up yourself. Thats the way it stands.

fordfast 03-27-2005 09:20 AM

Been wheelin around Besida,Blue Moon a great place. Not many mud holes on trail though.
Go over there every Memorial weekend, good time!!

nebechanezer 03-28-2005 09:53 PM

yeah, i was up there last winter/spring tearing it down, worked for an excavator out of alexandria. That was a fun time, i didnt get to see it when it was done , though, when i was last there they still had most of the floors in footings in yet. there was already a good - sized pile of conc there, though, that was fun piling up w/ the hoe. i ended up leaving that company last june, and i havent been up to bemidji since last march, so i was wondering how it all looked there. the old steam/ power plant was sure something, tangled mess of metal to tear apart. :) good times

Mr. Bill No. Mn 03-29-2005 01:02 AM

Nothing left there now. That power plant was a real old building. Worked in there a few times. Worked in the main plant a haslf dozen times. Worked for a fabricator at that time.