Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Montana Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum130/)
-   -   Drifters online store??? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/279650-drifters-online-store.html)

Fordlover55 09-05-2004 07:59 PM

Drifters online store???

I have found a website where I can set up an account for the Drifters. This site will place our logo on a number of different items...see list below. I will talk to our treasurer and find out what he has found on taxes and other legalities. I think this is a great opportunity to make some money for the chapter, so that we can use it to promote activities, meets and other functions as decided. Below is a list of items we can have our logo placed on.

Custom t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts, baby gifts, mugs, office stuff, shopping bags, buttons, lunch boxes and clocks.

The question is... how many are interested?

theologian 09-05-2004 09:53 PM

I would peruse such a store, but.... are there enough members to support such a store for more than one week?
A way round it would be to host a catalog of Ford specific merchandise, and advertise elsewhere. Then you would have plenty of hits daily, to support the cost of running it.

Fordlover55 09-05-2004 10:41 PM

I appreciate your input Theo, but something I forgot to mention..... it won't cost us a thing to run the store, there are hundreds of items we can get our logo on and the place makes each item as it is ordered. There is no stocking, no overhead, we get paid once a month ( I'd set the product prices to an affordable price with a slight mark up for the Drifters to reinvest in the Chapter.),

All I have to do is submit our logos, design the products with their existing product list, place the advertisment page here in the forum, sit back and let members order as they please....or not. At the end of each month, the supplier sends us a check.

There are over 50 different items that would be appropriate for us to logo-ize. There are already probably several hundred car clubs, etc., that are already using this service and the products all appear to be name brand, like Hanes for t-shirts.

I am totally impressed. We can have more things made by them, than I can have made locally and at a cheaper cost. We have nothing to lose. I just spent an hour browsing the merchandise and am pretty excited about this...considering all the time I spent designing and getting the bumper stickers made locally and at a higher cost. So........ what say thee now?

theologian 09-05-2004 11:36 PM

I would like to check out the beta version :)

Fordlover55 09-05-2004 11:50 PM

LOL--yer funny.

I know... there's the old saying..if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is, but.... the Kansas Chapter is already using the store and Im waiting to hear from their chapter leader as to quality etc.

There are hi class clubs using this place. I looked through a whole bunch of car club stores and was pretty impressed with some of their logos and products.

theologian 09-10-2004 11:21 PM

So, how is the online store going? Can we get things yet?

Fordlover55 09-10-2004 11:33 PM

Nope, sorry. I have to wait a couple paydays so I can go out and have the folks that did the final work on the logos make me a copy that I can download to the store. So far I haven't seen a lot of interest here, concerning the store, but I assure you it is in the forefront of my mind at all times, as is the Drifters. You can get a bumper sticker from me, in case you haven't looked at the bumper stickers for sale thread. There are images of the design in my gallery.

big hoss 29 09-11-2004 02:23 AM

Heck, I'd be interested in a couple of sweatshirts for this winter! I'd probably wear 2 at a time here. I think I'll need them because when I ask people how winters are here, all they do is chuckle and ask me if I like 30* below zero. :-hair

Fordlover55 09-11-2004 01:07 PM

I'll call Monday and have the printer make me a CD and start working on designing some items to be up for sale. I'll post a link with a READ FIRST note attached as soon as I get things up and ready.I'm going to send an email to webmaster to make sure this is 100% Kosher, before initiating anything else. I do know the Kansas Chapter already has items for sale on this particular website, so I don't anticipate any issues.