Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum26/)
-   -   Just got back from track with all the upgrades!!!!!!!!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/279566-just-got-back-from-track-with-all-the-upgrades.html)

fuzzie 09-05-2004 03:56 PM

Just got back from track with all the upgrades!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys I finally made it to the track on friday and was a little dissapointed. Here are the list of mods. I have Preditor, 6# lower pulley, Brisk spark plugs, Air Raid cold air intake. I DO NOT have any drag tires though and that was killing me. But I was of the line at .492 and .500's everytime and running 13.3's every race. I was expecting 12.8's. The humidity was 100% and it was 90 degrees. I guess the heat made that much of a diff. I dont know a thing about it. It was my first time to race my truck. I did do away with some corvetts LOL. LOTS OF FUN. Going next week to get traction bars and drag tires. And do they make a larger mass air meter for the 04 L's? If so that is going to be on there next week also.

Bikeitswift 09-05-2004 04:04 PM

I don't understand "I don't have any drag though...". 13.2's are honkin' pretty good with street tires! What were your 60 foot times like?

fuzzie 09-05-2004 04:47 PM

my best 60 ft time was 1.991 and my avg time out of 8 races was 2.15.

Lightning Rod 09-29-2004 12:04 AM

Fuzzie,
Sounds to me like you've got some major traction issues to resolve. With your mods, 12.8x should be no problem and 1.8x 60-foots should be the norm. A set of Lakewood 21715 slappers and a pair of 28-inch Hoosier slicks or even some Nitto 555Rs should knock both your ET and your 60-foot times down by at least a .3. The rest may be due to your Predator tune or excessive vehicle weight.

Have you pulled any weight off the truck? (tailgate, trailer hitch, spare, ...etc.) How much gas did you have in the tank? What kind of gas were you running? What was the air pressure level in your F1s?

01SVTDAD 09-30-2004 10:37 AM

Dont worry about your reaction time, it's irrelevant when it comes to your times.

IMHO and experience traction bars wont help with stock F1's. They will stop axle wrap but wont help your launch. I do worse with my lakewoods on stock tires. The truck just doesn't squat as well.
I made some spring clamps and they helped my 60' a lot. I just ran last night and w\clamps only I cut a 1.83 60' and back it up with a 1.89 and a 1.93
The cooler it got the better the 60'.
BTW (8th mile) I ran a 8.17 @85.17 on the 1.83 60'

The 90deg. temps are the killer. You were doing very good with that kind of heat.

Lightning Rod has some good points,
I removed the hitch and front sway bar
I run with my tire pressure in the 22-25 and I heat them up some, it DOES make a difference.
Pump 93oct. Gas. & tank at a 1\4 - 1\2
Launch with foot OFF the gas and ease into it when launching.

*Note: all this is on stock F1's

Good luck,
-Rich

yysenhimer 09-30-2004 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by 01SVTDAD
IMHO and experience traction bars wont help with stock F1's. They will stop axle wrap but wont help your launch. I do worse with my lakewoods on stock tires. The truck just doesn't squat as well.

I went over a tenth quicker in the 60 foot time the first time out with the JDM/Rancho style traction bars on F1's. Finally got my 60 foot times down to the low 1.8's on F1's. I thought it was impossible to get a 1.8X on F1's.

01SVTDAD 09-30-2004 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by yysenhimer
I thought it was impossible to get a 1.8X on F1's.

nope not at all. MY tuner has gotten a 1.7

It's funny how different things work for different folks. With the lakewoods
I spun much worse off the line. It was like the truck wasn't shifting it's weight to the rear.

yysenhimer,
Glad to see your getting good 60's w\traction bars. I wish I could becuase of the wheel hop I get sometimes.

yysenhimer 09-30-2004 03:01 PM

Maybe your lakewoods aren't adjusted properly. A friend of mine had to modify his to make them work. Shims and trimming the snubber or something.

I thing the rancho style are proven. That's what all the big guys are using with success.

fuzzie 09-30-2004 09:28 PM

Hey guys sorry I haven't been around to reply. Stuck on nloc.net. Good stuff there. Well since I've started this thread I've added lakewoods, boost bypass, and my truck is in the shop right now getting the EATON Ported. THEN DYNO TUNE TIME. The guys at Strictly Performance in Houston Texas are doing all this and the most important, TUNING. They said my stock block will hold up. Stil got 6# lower, Brisk Plugs, Lakewoods, Air Raid Cold Air, Preditor Tune (will soon be gone though), boost bypass, and Ported Eaton. Just ordered DS Loop and JLVB today. Ready to see what this baby will do. NEED SOME SLICKS BAAADDDDD. Dont now what size rim to get where to get it. But I do know I wanna go with Hoosiers. Heard nothing but good things there.

yysenhimer 10-01-2004 06:31 AM

What are you putting in place of the Predator? Just curious. Also, who is porting the Eaton? Hoosier Quick Time Pro's are the way to go.

yysenhimer 10-01-2004 07:34 AM

For some reason they blocked out the name of the company in the midwest that started porting the Eaton blowers for the lightning.

fuzzie 10-01-2004 09:30 AM

Strictly Performance in Houston Tx is going to use the Diablo Revalution chip to tune my truck with and they are also going to be Porting my Eaton. Is the company you were thinking of? They do a lot of ported Eatons

Lightning Rod 10-01-2004 09:51 AM

Fuzzie,
There is a guy in HALO who sold his truck and has a pair of 28-inch Hoosiers on light weight aluminum rims........ very few passes on them. I'm sure he'd make you a great deal. Go to the HALO board, look for a guy named "Gonzo", and shoot him a PM or email.

fuzzie 10-01-2004 09:59 AM

Thanks Lrod. I'll check it out. Lookin in to joining real soon. Gotta get some other stuff out of the way first. Thanks again.

deaton_1 11-09-2004 09:53 PM

try getting the vlave kit for the tranny and place bags of ice on the s/c between races. this will definately drop those times. You have the power but the heat is killing you. A small shot of N2O will cool down the intake temp plus give hp by itself.