Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Iowa Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum140/)
-   -   Finally Got My Toy! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/278317-finally-got-my-toy.html)

got2lb 09-01-2004 10:10 PM

Finally Got My Toy!

Well I finally got it. 1976 F250 4x4 He told me before it was a '74 which explains why it has disc brakes up front now. And it does have a divorced transfer case I'm not sure what truck he was talking about. I'm going to be putting in the tranny this weekend I think. He was missing one of the parts and I have to see if I can find one. It's the fork that goes between the pressure plate and the throwout bearing. Well I can prob. get it from him but how much the gas would cost I could just about have a new one, and that one is actually older than I am anyway. I'll post some pics as soon as I can.

Matt

truckertaz 09-02-2004 03:16 AM

Kewl :-X22 :-X22

Congrats on gettin the truck :-X22

Now comes the fun part of gettin it running and keeping it running!! :-arrgh :-hair :-X24 :-X10

fellro86 09-02-2004 05:14 AM

If you can't find one, let me know, got a 3 speed from a 74 that isn't being used, I can let you have the fork from it.

got2lb 09-02-2004 09:31 PM

I got the fork for it and got the clutch put in tonight. I also got the bellhousing put back on and the starter. I wanted to get the tranny bolted in tonight but unfortunately I couldn't lift that heavy SOB out of the bed of the truck by myself. (the tailgate won't open) I was going through all of the pieces trying to figure out where everything goes in it, and I think I'm missing one piece for sure. I'm missing the spring for the clutch linkage. Not sure if this is a pretty commen thing for the auto stores to carry or not. I HOPE SO!:D Hopefully I can find someone around tomorrow afternoon with some big muscles to help me lift that out then hopefully I can get that bolted in and get the drive shaft hooked up. Then all I have to do is start figuring out how all the linkage crap hooks up!:confused:

got2lb 09-03-2004 10:53 PM

Well I ended up lifting that tranny out of the truck myself and just about had it in place! Nothing about being so close you can taste it but nothing! Then we had company come over and had to walk away for a couple hours. Then I FINALLY got some help from my brother in law and he helped me get it in place. It still took about an hour to get it all lined up and actually pushed into place. Well tomorrow comes the fun part of hooking up the clutch linkage and then the ones for the t-case. Any suggestions on how to do it are welcome! I also need to hook the drive shaft between the tranny and the t-case and then I think I'm driving!!!

Matt

hippie_1620 09-04-2004 09:38 AM

My advice: take your time. If it don't look quite right it probably isn't.

Sorry I don't have better advice but I haven't done one on one these. Gotta wonder though if you could change it over to a hydro. clutch. Would make it easier to work on but more to go out to. When I switch my s10 frames engines ect. I think the hydro clutch made it that much easier. Except for cutting the hole in the right place in the firewall. Good thing I had a hammer to "modify" it. SupposeI should put off some studiing and get the tranny out of the bro in laws truck today. Helps to know I'm not the only guy on his back wrestling one.

Shane