Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New York Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum87/)
-   -   Road Rally 10/10/04!!!!!!!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/278013-road-rally-10-10-04-a.html)

cowlady 09-01-2004 09:06 AM

Road Rally 10/10/04!!!!!!!!

Okay - I just got the info for a road rally here in WNY. It sounds like fun & there are lots of prizes to be given away! THIS IS NOT A RACE OR OFF ROAD EVENT!!!!!!! It's for everyone who owns a vehicle & 4WD is not necessary or even an advantage!
The event will be Sun, 10/10 starting in Hamburg,NY. Pre registration is $30 - $35 the day of & will include a dash plaque, prizes & trophies & a dinner @ the conclusion @ the Holland Willows in Holland NY - a chicken BBQ for 2.
This sounds like an awesome time! We were asked if we'd like to sponsor a prize but I couldn't afford it so maybe next year.
From what I've read, you get a list of directions & a map. The total rally length is about 95 miles & the route is thru WNY which should be really pretty around that time of the year. The objective is to hit all the check in points ON TIME. Arrive early or late & lose points so forget speeding! Aw, shucks! LOL! The prizes/trophies are given for many categories - 1st to arrive, 1st husband/wife team, best brand, best "stick with it" & more. There's even a novice prize given out so you do NOT need to have experience! Sounds like we could pick up at least a few prizes for the day - I think the organizer even mentioned something about a "best club" prize! We sure could win that 1!!! :)
I need to know who would be interested in trying this out. We MIGHT even have a Chapter leader from another state join us on this! It would be an awesome way to welcome him & say hi to a fellow FTE'er!
Please post here either way ok? I think this is Columbus Day weekend so for those lucky enough to have a long weekend this would be fun!
Let's do this guys! We'd have a blast! :)

vansoutriding 09-07-2004 04:27 PM

A great idea, indeed!

This sounds like a great way to get some easy miles on my new f-350 without the horsetrailer. I just need Jeff to tell me the truck will be in my hands by then. Lets vote for Jeff as the new VP Customer Service with Ford Corp. He will also have to keep his day job with Kitty. ;) In a perfect world....:-X22

kooper909 09-07-2004 07:33 PM

Awww ... I'd love to go ... but I can't make it. Sorry. I believe that's the weekend after Columbus day. I'm going to be having class the day after, plus my best friend will be home from college that weekend. Maybe next time.

Ronin007 09-07-2004 08:31 PM

Sorry Angela, but already have plans that weekend. If things change I will post up or contact you directly.

harley51185 09-10-2004 11:50 AM

I wish I could be there, but I have classes the next day. :(

kevinswart 09-18-2004 11:43 PM

Hey CowLady,
Been a while since I have had much time to be on here much, but things are slowin down and I have more time now. I just bought another truck and it should be ready for that weekend. So count me and my daughter in.
Thanks,
Kevin
ps if you don't remember me I am the one who lives around the corner from you in Sloan :)

vansoutriding 09-30-2004 09:25 PM

New Truck is Here

Ed and I want to attend the road rally and now we have the new truck to show off. Jeff put dealer plates on it and I put a quick 50 in to make sure I was happy... And Yes, I am VERY happy.:-X04 Outstanding experience with Jeff and the team at VanBortel Ford.
How do I pre-register for the rally?

cowlady 10-03-2004 06:46 AM

Okay - let me call the guy & find out how to pre register. Hopefully I can make it too. Right now I'm staying at my Mom's in Rochester (Webster) taking care of her. I took a leave from my job as she may end up in the hospital. If my sister can spend that day with her I will be there! I am SO looking forward to this! Email me if you need more info ok? I can also give you my Mom's # if you need to call me. :)

cowlady 10-03-2004 09:17 AM

Okay guys - you both have mail! I sent the pre registration info - we need to send TODAY so we can save $$$$$$!

vansoutriding 10-03-2004 10:59 AM

My check is in todays mail... I talked with your Mom. She sounded like a very sweet lady and was generous in paying me a compliment over the phone. My prayers are with you both.

cowlady 10-06-2004 10:07 AM

Thanks vansoutriding for the kind words & prayers. My Mom is a great lady & it hurts to see her sick & in pain. Keep the prayers coming ok? She also said you were very nice - maybe you 2 can chat again someday! BTW - how did your cat make out with her new bundles of joy???? LOL! Meow!!!

cowlady 10-09-2004 08:51 PM

Raally Info
Registration starts @ 9:30AM & rally @ 12 - be there early to get an early start time. Registration is inside the lobby of Leisureland Lanes.
Meeting place: Parking lot of Leisureland @ the Days Inn
Route 75 (NYS Thruway Exit 57)
5220 Camp Road
Hamburg,NY 716-649-9070
Rally Organizers: Tom & Karen
716-941-6504
Email me if you need more info

vansoutriding 10-09-2004 09:00 PM

Oh Boy Oh Boy!! We are going to have some fun!! One of those "no expectations really good times!" Watch for the "post mortum".. It will include all the sorted details.:-X24