Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oklahoma Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum92/)
-   -   Gtg? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/257800-gtg.html)

Traxxis 07-06-2004 03:18 PM

Gtg?

I have not been able to submit anything for the last few days because I have been unable to sign on from my home computer (my pathetic excuse for not checking in for a week). Word of advice... DONT CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS WITH THE SITE!! I changed it, and now I can only sign on from my work pc for some reason.... ¿ sent a PM to Mil1ion... waiting for a reply¿

Anyways, I recieved an email from one of our fellow patrons asking when the next GTG will be... now seeing that we've yet to actually GTG, this sounded like a pretty good idea. So, would you guy's (and gal's) like to get together sometime soon for a meet and greet? If so, where and when would you like to do so?

Now here is the kicker though, I am on a VERY busy work schedual, I will post my hours, and encourage you to do the same so that we can all agree on a time in which the most people can attend.

So let's have it, where would you guy's like to go to gtg? Here are my hours:
Sat./Sunday 6:00 am-4:30pm, Monday 9:00am-8:00pm, and Tuesday 9:00am-10:00pm. Leaving me with only three day's off (but only two days inwhich I am able to have a late bedtime, :-X10 hehe). Thursday is the best for me, but I can roll with a late weds. too. Fridays have to be early nights for me (10pm or so) because I have to be up a 4:30 to get to work on time.

Also, Mark (Whitenight) is also on a weekend shift, and I cannot imagine him being able to stay out too late on the weekends. But, I know that most of you work a regular shift, and it's difficult for you guy's to gtg on the weekday's. So let me know, and we'll try to work something out.

Stan

Jimbare 07-06-2004 05:02 PM

i dont have an actual work schedule, work when the boss has work. most fridays i am off, so thursdays would be good for me too. i can probably make it a 50 or so mile drive oneway and get home in case i have to work the next day.

somebody pick a day and lets go for it, as long as it aint this weekend. i am leaving sat. morning at 4:00 for the showme f100 show in branson and i think truckgirl is going up also.

jim

Traxxis 07-06-2004 06:32 PM

Great, where do you call home Jim?

Jimbare 07-06-2004 09:10 PM

big town of wagoner. i can make it anywhere from checotah, talequah, big cabin, collinsville, sandsprings, sapulpa, okmulgee, areas for a gtg. thats about a hundred or so mile circle, so everybody decide where and when you want to meet and let me know.

jim

1978fordtruckgirl 07-08-2004 11:25 AM

Yea Jim, I'm going to the F100 show. Hope to meet you. I'll be wearing my FTE t-shirt. Grand lake is a great place to GTG. Fort Gibson would be great too. I'm off on weekends, but anytime is OK with me. As long as I get to play trucks! :-X22 If nobody decides in the next few days, I'm just going to post a date and you can show up if possible. I'll bring the pop! By the way, Taxxis, I won my division at the Humbug days. Sorry I missed you. Gotta go home now and get my baby ready for the weekend. Later! :-wink

Jimbare 07-08-2004 08:27 PM

go for it truck girl! post a date and we will see what happens!
show me f100s wont let me enter my econo, but i am going anyway. i will be there saturday and sunday both, just watch for the old guy with a beard, long hair, and a cigarette hanging out of his pie hole, that will be me! i will be wearing a t shirt with an econo on it saturday and am having one made for sunday with an econo head on it.

anybody else going?

Traxxis 07-13-2004 03:52 PM

Okay, so I THOUGHT that there was a way to add a poll to this thread, but perhaps not. So, we all want to GTG sometime and meet each other, and we've kicked around a few different places. So, please post what day/time that would work out the best for you. Also, how about meeting at one of the lakes, i.e. Oologah or Ft. Gibson?? Maybe cook us up some hotdogs or hamburgers? Now I would say we could do some BBQ or something, however, I am not all that good at cooking, BBQ atleast (but I make a MEAN chicken parmesien, maybe another GTG :) ), but if somebody has a good recipe' or something, and would like to volunteer, that would be great.

My best time would be Thur. evening, and I am game for either lake. I may also be able to swing a Sat. evening too, but I don't get off 'til 4:30.

So post you best available time!!! I would like to do this within the next 3 weeks or so!! :) :-X22

BTW: Truckgirl... congrats on the humbug show. You deserve every award you get, that is a beautiful pickup that you have, I love the color. I wish I would have known who you were when I saw you at the Shelby meet, I mean, I walked right past you right after you made your run and where getting out of your truck (and pulling the helmet off!!! But don't worry, I won't start on the hair!!! hehe :-X10 :-X24 )

1978fordtruckgirl 07-16-2004 11:32 AM

You're SOOOOOO funny, Traxxis! :-X24 Truth is, it doesn't look much better when I'm not racing! Too bad we didn't gtg this weekend. The chebbie is in Missouri at a self bow building jamboree. I don't have any plans except cleaning my house and working on plans for my car show. BORING!!!!!! Seiously though, if anyone can come to the cruise in Miami, I'm pretty sure they have a Ford truck category. We make up our own trophies for this cruise. Pretty interesting. Call me if you plan a gtg as I don't always get to be with my computer. My no. is 1-918-244-1283. Had to give up the beast today. :'( See ya'll soon!

1978fordtruckgirl 07-19-2004 09:24 AM

Why not do this thing at Grand Lake. That way we could possibly get a few truckers in from MO, KS & AR. Let me know and I'll find the perfect spot. Just an idea. Picked up my Ranger Friday. They put 30+ miles on it after they changed my oil. Are they supposed to do that? Just curious. Also, when we have the gtg, do we want to make registration forms and name tags to keep track of everyone, or just play it by ear? Let me know.

Traxxis 07-19-2004 02:16 PM

Oh, I just kind of figured we would just play it by ear. I figure we'll all decide before what to bring for food. Once again though, my main concern will be time. When CAN the majority of us get together?? I just wonder if we would be able to spend much time together if we went to the lake on a weeknight??

¿

As far as the 30 miles, uh... I for one would be calling them up asking how those miles got there, unless of course it was returned to you with a full tank of gas??

Jimbare 07-19-2004 09:40 PM

pick a spot truckgirl, the check the kansas site, they have something going on all the time! the missouri site is a little slower than ours, but people do read it. wouldnt hurt to post it there also. pick a spot, pick a day, and lets get going!

jim

Traxxis 07-20-2004 06:12 PM

People.... please post when you would be available. Thanks.

Stan

NoMo 07-21-2004 02:05 PM

Looking at the work schedules, I vote for a Thursday night.

cigarxtc 07-21-2004 04:13 PM

Hmmmm.....A weeknight might make it hard to get a large group together. At least for those that work days, Mon-Fri.(myself included.) A get together at Grand Lake would be at least a 1.5hr drive from Tulsa. It wouldn't leave much daylight.

I was wondering about Skiatook Lake. There's lots of parks and shoreline area and with all the new construction(golf course, new homes, and planned developments) it might give the 4 wheel guys/gals a place to play? It's a 10min drive from Owasso and probably a 20/25min drive from South Tulsa?

I work Mon-Fri, 7:30am-4pm. Off on Saturdays until Aug23. :)

fordborn 07-21-2004 08:04 PM

Hope you all can get a GTG going it looks like everyone is up for it. I will be watching and if am able would like to go down and meet everyone.

If any of you are interested and close we are having a G2G in Wichita on Aug. 14th at 7pm. That's on a sat. evening and everyone is invited. Will just be casual.