Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Iowa Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum140/)
-   -   Iowa meeting (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/249122-iowa-meeting.html)

nogo73 06-09-2004 05:03 PM

Iowa meeting

Ok It's pretty much summer time. Who would be interested in a Iowa meeting in or around the Des Moines- Ames area or may be somewhere else that would work out better for everyone planing on attending. Say some time in the next couple of months.

fellro86 06-10-2004 01:34 AM

Tell me where and I'll work it in, but I think we'll have to see who all check in and where from, try to make it as equal as we can. Of course, SE works for me....;) Maybe could catch a time I'm passing through, drop the trailer, have a little fun, I can do this...only have at least 3 runs to South Dakota to get done in the next month or so, but have to finish the trailer first. Ah hell, I got all the time in the world!!:) Oh yeah, got an 18 month old that thinks otherwise!!! My time is hers, just ask her :)!!!!!!! I can't help too much out that way as far as setting things up, my contacts are largely in the eastern side. We've got a few out that way that have been showing up, so how bout it guys? Depending on what all we would do and need, county fairgrounds are generally easy and cheap to reserve, State fairgrounds is getting to be too much of a PITA to deal with. Anamosa I know has a mud bog, and there's some down around here in the SE corner, but I know it's a long ways for the guys out west.Ideas?

monsterbaby 06-10-2004 01:48 AM

well the anamosa Mud bog was mentioned, and I live in south central IA, so willl mention the cprmud drags in reasoner Iowa (just south of newton) we race there on the first sunday of every month, also I have 5 acres between knoxville, and chariton on Hwy 14 it needs mowed but we could use it as a camping spot for a group to get together its not really big enough to do alot of wheeling and camping but would be a ok place for everyone to get together, just an offer. :-wink

fellro86 06-10-2004 09:37 AM

That may be good, have to see what everyone else thinks...

HawkeyeF100 06-10-2004 05:04 PM

Depending on the date , I think I can talk the boss into letting me go.
I kinda like the idea of the 5 acres between K'ville & Chariton.
Can't do any 4 wheeling with the 2WD FO_D , but can haul plenty of beer & my dog! LOL

BTW , I'm in Dallas County.

351ballsofford 06-10-2004 11:04 PM

I'm right in des moines so that would be cool

Bill79Lariat 06-11-2004 05:54 AM

I'm also in Des Moines, post a date and I'll let you know if I'll be able to make it.

VR666 06-11-2004 10:42 AM

hey, what do you guys do at your meetings? work on trucks or just BBQ and that kind of thing?

I just picked up a 92 F150 5.0 5spd 4x4 with a 4 inch lift and 35's

I am looking to unload the 35's complete with tires and wheels if anyone wants to trade stock wheels plus cash I am all game... or I would just sell outright.

also my truck is lifted and I would like to put it back to stock height. so if anyone wants to have a wrenchen GTG I am game for that too.

BTW - I live in Iowa City, but frequently go to Ames area

monsterbaby 06-11-2004 02:13 PM

well if you want to have it on my acerage I just need a little notice to get ahold of a mower, and maybe get a couple of porta johns out there (not a problem), there is no electricitly out there but if someone has a generator that could be fixed, and depending on how many want to show up we could use back part for people to run 4wheelers etc, and maybe even set up an impromtu mud drag track see if anyone can take my little baby ranger. I also have a couple of grills for bbq, or I am open to going somewhere else if that isn't good for everyone.
ps I also have races on the first sunday of every month so I would have to leave around 10am, everyone else could either come along (lots of fun) or stick around however long they want

VR666 06-11-2004 02:32 PM

where is your acerage?

rusty70f100 06-11-2004 02:33 PM

I'm in, depending on the day. I am up in CF, and it's sounding like I'd have to drive to des moines. No bother, I can visit my brother on the same trip. :-X22

HawkeyeF100 06-11-2004 04:29 PM

The boss wants to know if we GTG , is it a guy only thing , or are the gals allowed to attend also?
Either works for me , and her.

monsterbaby 06-11-2004 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by VR666
where is your acerage?

as previously posted exactly half way inbetween knoxville, and chariton, on hwy 14.
and hawkeyef100: as far as I am concerned you can tell the boss she can come too, as long as doesn't wear a bowtie :-X05

VR666 06-11-2004 05:18 PM

Do you guys GTG often? What is a general GTG like?

HawkeyeF100 06-11-2004 05:43 PM

She's thinking that the gals would GTG at the Heartland Inn right off I-35/80 in Urbandale the same weekend the guys are out feeding the skeeters!
Like that's all we need , the women getting together and comparing notes on us and our trucks!

monsterbaby 06-11-2004 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by HawkeyeF100
She's thinking that the gals would GTG at the Heartland Inn right off I-35/80 in Urbandale the same weekend the guys are out feeding the skeeters!
Like that's all we need , the women getting together and comparing notes on us and our trucks!

Oh no we can't let the hens get together and start clucking we would all be in trouble :-blah

fellro86 06-11-2004 11:00 PM

My wife would rather be getting dirty with us guys, in the mud anyway, but she'll leave the wrenching to me. As far as a GTG, it can be whatever we want it to be, wherever we want, but I think most of us would like to play, rather than just stand around and BS all day, perhaps we can rotate around and go to other people's locations, like mine has a few parts trucks that some of you may like to scavenge, (I'd have to talk to my uncle on selling anything, considering their all his, but for him, money talks!)
Hey VR666, you're in my home turf, I get up that way about every two weeks, my kid lives with my ex about 45 minutes west of there.

VR666 06-12-2004 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by fellro86
Hey VR666, you're in my home turf, I get up that way about every two weeks, my kid lives with my ex about 45 minutes west of there.

If you want some 35's mounted and ready to roll I have a full set. I want to unload them near home. I am up for GTG's, but honestly I always own so many different types of cars I never know what to expect from different car brand GTG's.

fellro86 06-12-2004 10:00 AM

I'm not pure Ford, but enjoy all makes. I do have my Ford truck, and my dad's had Fords for since the late 70's, so I grew up with Ford trucks around, part of that being that Chevy didn't offer extended cabs, and Dodge didn't have the grunt power after 78, and he last bought a truck in 84. I can't put the 35's to use, as I pull heavy too much, but can relay the message to a friend that might like them, he's near Cedar Rapids. Are they 15's or bigger rims?

VR666 06-12-2004 10:36 AM

I'm not pure Ford, but enjoy all makes. I do have my Ford truck, and my dad's had Fords for since the late 70's, so I grew up with Ford trucks around, part of that being that Chevy didn't offer extended cabs, and Dodge didn't have the grunt power after 78, and he last bought a truck in 84. I can't put the 35's to use, as I pull heavy too much, but can relay the message to a friend that might like them, he's near Cedar Rapids. Are they 15's or bigger rims?

Well this is the first ford truck I have owned and its had a rough life. I did just sell a 97 aerostar which kinda counts. My previous truck was a jeep cherokee. My pride and joy is the VW VR6 engine, which I race and have fun with.

the 35's are mounted on 15X8 or 10... not sure? I bought the truck with them on, but need them off to tow.

the tires are 35X12.5 and the rears are brand new... still have the blue lines. The fronts are worn out. They come with a spare 33 mounted on a rim and an extra 35 mounted on nothing if you want it.

give him my number if he is interested. 515-451-6261

HawkeyeF100 06-29-2004 09:43 PM

I just had some work done on the ol' 400 and a few parts are left over.
Make a nice door prize at a GTG ! LOL
I'd love to see a entire weekend of wrenching and 4 wheeling for those so inclined.

I do think it's about time Fellro86 became our leader so we get our own forum!
(unless someone else wants it)

fellro86 06-29-2004 09:48 PM

It has to be voted, so that's one of the steps. Obviously I can't do it alone.

HawkeyeF100 06-29-2004 10:18 PM

One vote fellro86

Fordlover55 06-29-2004 11:08 PM

You fellows from Iowa have a plenty to start your own chapter. Ken is a tad slow in getting them going, but it can be done. Go to this page and scroll to the bottom...reading as you go, of course, and you'll get all the instructions and rules you'll need for a chapter. https://www.ford-trucks.com/chapters.php

Eventually, I'd like to see each state have it's own chapter.

fellro86 06-29-2004 11:53 PM

OK, I just reviewed the requirements, and we need to get some of us together so we can get our chapter officers figured out. So who all wants to meet and get this rolling? I believe Nogo73 already sent the petition to Ken, so that is currently handled, and we can go from there. The rules basically state the meeting needs to be offline, and minimum 5 members.

monsterbaby 06-30-2004 01:58 AM

OK, I just reviewed the requirements, and we need to get some of us together so we can get our chapter officers figured out. So who all wants to meet and get this rolling? I believe Nogo73 already sent the petition to Ken, so that is currently handled, and we can go from there. The rules basically state the meeting needs to be offline, and minimum 5 members.

I'm in for a meeting, and can make about any day of the week as I get home around 11am mon-fri and all weekends, just need to know when and where.
As far as leader goes, fellro86 has offered but he isn't in Iowa, but no one else has stepped up as of yet so I will through my name into this ring, although I am not a moderator on the forum or anything like that, but I do live in Iowa. Not sure what kinda requirements you need but there it is another candidate.

fellro86 06-30-2004 08:41 AM

Just as Fordlover1951 posted, those are the requirements, so I'm sure you'll handle it fine. I am across the border by 15 miles, I live about 2 hours from you. I grew up in Iowa, and still go there regularly.

monsterbaby 06-30-2004 01:22 PM

either way is fine with me just thought I would put my self as an option, I think the rest of the Iowa members need to make that decision, just wanted to give everyone a choice, and I am willing to do it. The next thing is to get a meeting set up so lets hear from everyone as to where would work, and on what day it would work for most everyone, I personally am in the south central part of the state, and think that desmoines or Ames would be a good place but if most every one is on one side or the other I can travel, so lets hear some options

fellro86 06-30-2004 03:06 PM

Sounds like you've got a good place to meet there, and not a bad location in regards to the majority, more power to ya ;)

monsterbaby 06-30-2004 03:14 PM

Sounds like you've got a good place to meet there, and not a bad location in regards to the majority, more power to ya ;)

we might have to hurry that one up if we want to use my acreage as we just got an offer to buy it by the middle of July but could maybe find another place if that doesn't work out.

HawkeyeF100 06-30-2004 04:38 PM

We're heading out on vacation the 2nd and we'll be gone 2 weeks. So , I might miss the meeting. Monsterbaby , fellro86 , who ever wants it is fine with me ..... but not me! I can help out on other things , but not being the Prez.
Lucky for me , after I just got all the engine work done and the ol' Fo_d in the muffler shop , the owner says he'll keep it locked up for me (no charge) till we get back!
Hope it sounds as good as it looks after he gets the dual exhaust with turbos.(gallery pics updated)
I'll find out when the Adel Sweet Corn festival is and let everyone know just in case they want to have a meeting in Adel and get free sweet corn.

fellro86 06-30-2004 06:14 PM

If there's any kind of event that someone feels would tie in good, please speak up. That would be a good way to get together and have something to do as well, entertainment supplied. I believe next week down here is a tuck and tractor pull, but I'm sure that's short notice, and Saturday is out, going to cousin's wedding in Monticello.

HawkeyeF100 06-30-2004 08:04 PM

Sweet corn Festival is Sat. Aug 14th.
Go to adeliowa dot org and hit on the link.

Saurian 07-04-2004 06:38 PM

What about "Make it or Break it"? Anybody been there? I've got some friends that go there alot, its a prety cool place. They have lots of room, could maybe give them a call and see if it costs to head back, or if we could hold something there? My truck ain't 4WD so it won't be goin back, but it'd give us a good place to meet at and something to do. Otherwise...what about the thing between Knoxville and Chariton? What will be goin on there? Either way, if its on my side of Des Moines then I'll fire up the old truck and head on up.

We got any 'for sure' thing going here? And once we have a meeting, we can set to getting the Iowa chapter going!

Make It or Break It is around Albia, I passed it just the other day on the way from my house all the way up to Knoxville/Pleasantville. I can track the highway down if I get on Mapquest or something..we took a couple weird turns. Anyways - we need to get a call list/name list set up with everybody so that we can start deciding what will happen.

farmb0y 07-05-2004 10:58 PM

Let me know when and where the meeting is and I'll be there. I'm close to Waterloo and could have a meeting at my place sometime. We're building a new shop as the old one burned down. Got some timber real close to the house and once we get the crops out could make for some good muddin'.
That place between Knoxville and Chariton sounds good for the first meeting, could have a lot of fun there.
I'm not sure about running for pres, but I'm more than willing to help out with anything and everything.

Saurian 07-06-2004 11:03 PM

These are the people who have expressed interest in this meet.

Fellro86
Nogo73
Monsterbaby
351ballsofford
Bill79Lariat
VR666
Farmb0y
Saurian

That's eight people. We need...5 to be able to set up a stand-alone chapter for Iowans, right? So as long as 60% of us show up, plus maybe gathering more along the way..sounds good. It would be nice to be able to get an email/call list set up to be able to make contact easier..but the boards are alright for now.

As far as chapter leader, Fellro86's name has been thrown into the ring. Anybody else want their name in the running as well?

As for meet location for us..we have a few choices. The farm out between Knoxville and Chariton. Sounds like a good place, and a few people have expressed interest in this place. I've personally mentioned Make it or Break it, which would offer some good 4-wheeling action. Might be able to even recruit some more FTE members there. Also...mentioned was a sweetcorn festival in Adel? Am I missing anything else? I've gone through the thread several times..I don't feel like scrolling down again! Also..a date. I'd like for it to be before my schooling starts, actually as soon as you guys would be able to. I want this Iowa Chapter!

Did I miss anybodies name? If I did..let me know.

monsterbaby 07-07-2004 01:41 AM

the only names I see missed at this point are
rusty70f100
fordlover1951
hawkeyef150

I also put my name in the ring as the leader, but at fellro, and I both mentioned in earlier posts, that needs to be voted on by the rest of the people that would be in the iowa chapter, I don't think it matter whether it is done on here or at the first meeting.
As far as the meeting at my place, I mentioned that shortly after I offered that we had an offer to buy it, at this time we still have it but the buyer has until next week to get it done so that one my not be a good place unless we did it this weekend, and I haven't gotten it mowed, but anything is possible.
I don't believe for a first meeting it has to be a weekend long event we could all just get together at a set place and time, and go over what we need to have done to get the ball rolling.
So if atleast 5 of you will agree to meet at someplace ie a restaraunt (we could put this as center as possible to the people that want to attend as possible) we can get a chapter going, and then can have time to organize a good event to have a longer get together. I race on the first sunday of the month every month other than that I am free, so if anyone has a conflict on any day lets hear it, and we can pin down a date, and select a place, and time.

truckertaz 07-07-2004 05:08 AM

Yall missed my name :-wink I live in Iowa and am interested in meeting :-X21 Not interested in leader but the meeting sounds good...I live near Dubuque... :-X22

fellro86 07-07-2004 07:29 AM

I think we just need to simply set the date and place, and those who make , do and those that don't, dont. I really don't want to set the place, as I am way to far south, but I can make a suggestion. Seven Villages along I-80, exit 225, (if I remember right) has more than enough seating room, and if need be, meeting rooms, the food is excellent, (if you like german food especially) and it is served family style, unlimited amount. This obviously is more eastern, but easy to get to and easy to find. (if you miss it, you need new glasses!!) It's about an 1 1/2 hours from Des Moines, and likely the same from Waterloo area, about 2 from me, here near Keokuk. This seems to be the main area we are drawing from, but I know there had been some from out in the NW area too, just not sure they've been on much lately. This Saturday I will be in Monticello for my cousin's wedding, likely to take a good portion of the day, but it doesn't officially start untill 5pm. I am generally available most any time, so you guys pick a date, and we'll go with that. I am willing to do the leader thing, I mainly offered to do it to at least get things started. Monsterbaby, I apreciate you getting in here too, so yes, we could have an Iowa president, rather than some durn furener ;) Anyways, you guys are part of this so lets get in and get it done. BTW, Monsterbaby, I would be happy to assist you as well. Lets just get this done, then we have it over with and the talking will be done, and we will have the results, rather than the "bench racing"

Fordlover55 07-07-2004 09:29 AM

I won't be able to attend the Iowa meet. Thought I'd better respond since I saw my name mentioned above. When I win the lottery, you can expect me to show up any time and any place.:rolleyes: