Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oklahoma Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum92/)
-   -   Join in the FUN - "Fordtoberfest04" Everyone Invited (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/248886-join-in-the-fun-fordtoberfest04-everyone-invited.html)

fordborn 06-08-2004 11:20 PM

Join in the FUN - "Fordtoberfest04" Everyone Invited

Only 4 months away so make your plans to attend "Fordtoberfest 04". Brought to you by the Kansas Chapter of FTE :-X25 and open for all members from all states and countries :-wink . Check out the official Fordtoberfest Webpage. Make your plans to attend and join in the fun Oo. . Prizes awarded in many catagories so everyone has a good chance of taking one home 8D . Official day is October 2nd in Wichita, Ks but you are welcome to come early. We will have an informal cruise night on friday the 1st. for those that wish to attend :-X22 . This is not a G2G this is an EVENT you don't want to miss :-fire .

Hope to see many of you make it and look forward to seeing all the trucks and people :-X06 .

Trucks, Food, Fun and prizes galore what more can you ask. No cost to attend

Special arrangements have been made at local motels click Fordtoberfest link above for details.

Traxxis 06-09-2004 11:33 AM

Ahhh... invading our chapter now?? :) I hope to try to make it. You Kansas boy's have fun this weekend at the lake ('cause we'll have more fun at the FORD meet, hehe).

Stan

fordborn 06-09-2004 12:05 PM

If it gets all hot and humid out there at the Ford meet just give us a call we'll let you know how the lake is. LOL

Have a good time maybe we can get down to the next one.

Traxxis 06-09-2004 04:49 PM

hehehehe... oh I just hope that it doesn't rain on us.... the only wet stuff I want around is when I push the Lightning to it's limit's and wet myself... :)

I for one look forward to meeting all of you guys. I will see if I have any vacation when Fordtoberfest comes around.

fordborn 06-09-2004 05:54 PM

Stan, I too hope it doesn't rain on either of our parties :-X03 . Heck this is supposed to be a fun weekend and I plan on enjoying it no matter what Oo. .

Hope we can get our groups together sometime and you really should look into "Fortoberfest" it's getting more attention. That event is a big one and loads of fun hope you and more of the Oklahoma Chapter are able to attend 8D .

But we don't need to wait till then to get some of us together. :-X22

Traxxis 06-10-2004 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by fordborn
But we don't need to wait till then to get some of us together. :-X22

Ya, let's see if we could maybe meet up sometime in August?? I would like to meet people from the site. Maybe we could all do a lake day or something??

Stan

fordborn 06-10-2004 09:58 PM

Sounds good Traxxis let's see how things play out and get something started. Be nice to meet the gang to the south.

fordborn 06-12-2004 11:37 PM

Stan, How was the show? Lake Day went well and rain held off till we were gone. Hope you all had as good a time as we did. Still looking at a cross-border G2G.

1978fordtruckgirl 06-18-2004 11:25 AM

Hey Traxxis. Are you talking about the Ford meet that they had in Tulsa last weekend? I raced the red 78 shortbed in the powder puff division. And yes, I red-lined. It was my first time. But I will be back next year!!!!!!!! 8D I also met cigarXTC. I'm still wiping the drool off my truck. :-D Just kidding cigar! Great guy. By the way, Cigar, PLEASE don't post or print that picture of me. My hair was a disaster after wearing that racing helmet. :-rip I'll send a better one if you need it. Let's all get together and have a picnic at Grand Lake. I'm available on most Sundays!!!!

cigarxtc 06-21-2004 09:14 AM

No problem, 1978fordtruckgirl. Ya, I was drooling almost as much as I was sweating. Nice truck. Don't worry, I won't post that helmet hair pic. :-hair :-X10 hehehehe. Ya, if we ever have a get together, and it's near a lake, maybe I'll be bring my 57' Arkansas Traveler boat for some water fun. We'll see. :-X21

fordborn 06-21-2004 11:39 AM

Big news on the upcoming "Fordtoberfest" event. This event is drawing more attention and growing fast. There will be many vendors there to show off their wares 8D and we will have live radio remotes going on all day :-X22 . This year will be big and we are expecting to have around 200 trucks :-X01 if not more. Classes range from daily drivers to wildly customized so any and all trucks are welcome and encouraged to enter. :-X22

We are proud to announce that Ken , FTE and Motorhaven are major sponsors this year and will be in attendance Oo. . Great opportunity to meet and greet the people that created and operates www.ford-trucks.com. :-wink

NoMo 06-21-2004 04:51 PM

I want to know more about the "work truck" category. I may need to put a few more dents & scrapes on my F250 before it'll qualify. ;)

fordborn 06-22-2004 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by NoMo
I want to know more about the "work truck" category. I may need to put a few more dents & scrapes on my F250 before it'll qualify. ;)

Not for the most beat up truck just the best normal everyday driver. It has to show that it is used for everyday work type conditions not a fancy fixed up truck you just drive to work and then put back in the garage. I guess what we are trying to do is make it possible for any and all types of trucks to have their place. Go ahead and give it a shot and join in on the fun.

Traxxis 06-23-2004 12:46 PM

So you're saying that the 'ol Blue Ranger w/ the Silver tailgate will have a spot in your show???

Rollie: the show was pretty good. Unfortionatly, it probably was the worst one I've ever attended (not at all that I am saying that it wasn't any good, just not the best, I still had a blast though), I think this was mostly due to the construction going on the race track. :( Glad you guy's had a good time at the lake, are you giong to post any pictures??

FordTruckGirl: Yes, I did see you truck, and may I say it was a prime example of a Ford Pickup. I really liked the color too. What color/brand of paint is that??

Cigar: The boat you're working on is 57'!!! Was that a misprint??? THAT'S HUGE!

Cigar&FordTruckGirl: Did you all see those construction workers sitting on the future tower ALL DAY LONG!!?? Bunch of bums..... hehe

:-X25

cigarxtc 06-23-2004 01:10 PM

Daily drivers, eh?.....I'm tempted now. My daily driver had the speed dimples added by mother nature(hail) a few months ago, so it's not really show worthy anymore, but it flies farther and faster than my Top Flite golf balls. :-X10

Originally Posted by Traxxis

Cigar: The boat you're working on is 57'!!! Was that a misprint??? THAT'S HUGE!

Cigar&FordTruckGirl: Did you all see those construction workers sitting on the future tower ALL DAY LONG!!?? Bunch of bums..... hehe

:-X25

It's a 1957 Arkansas Traveler boat, with 1954 Johnson motor. It's about 15 or 16 feet long.

Ya, I noticed those diligent workers. I wished I could of had opportunities like that when I worked HVAC/Construction. Man, I was tempted to ask the aluminum bench installers if I could have some scraps. That stuff would come in handy on my boat or in a garage.