Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Colorado Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum81/)
-   -   Lift,tires,radius arms for sale 78' 79' (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/242645-lift-tires-radius-arms-for-sale-78-79-a.html)

local boy 05-20-2004 09:27 PM

Lift,tires,radius arms for sale 78' 79'

Ran out of time and money. The following is for 78'or79' Bronco or 1/2 ton Pickup. All new- Skyjacker 9" lift with drop pit arm, and rear springs, also has James Duff radius arms. Tires are 38x15.5x15 SSR's on 15x12 weld wheels. I was going to do a SSO on my 94' Bronco but I have run out of money. I also pulled my cover off my 8.8 TODAY and found the carrier cracked in half. So I will take part trade for a 8.8 with 350 gears 4 wheel ABS capable. Or the internals to put mine back together. I will check this often or you can E-mail me at olliesheating@msn.com. $2800.00 or $2500.00 with the 8.8 as trade. You will be getting the James Duff radius arms at no cost at that price. Thanks in advance. (hope I didnt scew this up bubba) Oo.

local boy 05-24-2004 05:05 PM

I found an 8.8

Well I got lucky and found a 8.8 over at Action Auto. I think this place is fairly new as a pick and pull. It's over on colfax and zeno on the south side of colfax about 5 miles east of 225. I paid $150.00 for a 8.8 which is $105.00 more than at pick and pull but I needed to get the bronco back on the road. I did see a 9" under a early 80's Bronco also. It looks in good shape. Only bummer is the 8.8 is an open diff. So long limited slip. Does anyone Know how much lift is on those Border Patrol Broncs that were sold up here in Denver? The springs on the front of mine are from a 78' or 79' and I cant bolt the bottom down. It looks like a 4" but i want to be sure B-4 I get new ones.

fordmaniac21 05-28-2004 10:49 PM

hey not to get off subject but did u guys ever get that 390 in that truck???? i still have yet to get my bronco on the road

local boy 05-29-2004 07:02 PM

Hey how the heck are ya man..... No. I was thinking we could just put a hone through the cyliners and use his heads. He got discouraged or something and dont want to finish. Whats going on with the Bronco? I would run that thing like its. If you need a hand turning wrenchs let me know.

fordmaniac21 05-29-2004 10:13 PM

i have just been tight on money and time. its about ready to go. i plan on takin the 3 inch body lift off it on monday and replacing it with a 1 inch and poly bushings. after that i need to fab up or find a winch bumper fopr the front and it should be good to go. as long as my tranny doesnt go lol. 3rd gear is whinin pretty bad.

local boy 05-30-2004 06:48 PM

I used to use this stuff called power punch in my standard trannys when they were ready to die on me. It's some really sticky, thick stuff. That was about 12 years ago when I was one of those damn jeepers (dont hold it against me) so there is probably something better out there. Are the wheel wells cut out on that beast? I know body lifts aren't really a wheel'in lift but it might help with tire clearance if you get crossed up or what ever...

fordmaniac21 05-30-2004 10:44 PM

i should have plenty of clearance with the 4 inch suspension lift. i had my 35 inch swampers on my 75 f-100 with 4 inches and i had no rubbing issues. then again it was a muddin truck, not a rock crawlin one. but hey, for now it wont see much trail use, but when it does and if i have a problem ill just put a 6 inch lift on it. but i am putting on a 1 inch body lift. and even with removing the 3 inch body lift i am actually only loosing about and inch and a half. the body mount bushings are about half the size they should be. that is why i am replacing them with poly bushings.