Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chapter Discussion (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum138/)
-   -   Chapter leaders, meetings, etc. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/235977-chapter-leaders-meetings-etc.html)

FTE Ken 05-01-2004 07:15 AM

Chapter leaders, meetings, etc.

As part of the effort to get the Chapter process moving so I can introduce Chapter features....

1. Every Chapter that has already elected a leader needs to contact me with the leader's user id.
2. Chapters which have not yet elected a leader need to do so by May 15th. 3. Chapters with a leader need to setup their first offline meeting to take place before June 1st. See https://www.ford-trucks.com/chapters.php for details. The meeting schedule after that is entirely up to the chapter.

Chapters without a leader by June 1st will be closed until someone steps forward to handle it.

If you are in need of FTE logo artwork for your Chapter let me know and I'll email a high-resolution image file. Per the Chapter guidelines, Chapters may use the FTE logo and domains in unmodified form with prior approval from FTE for each project. If your Chapter has banners, cards, etc., planned or completed please send me an image of it for final approval.

fordborn 05-01-2004 10:35 AM

Ken,

Kansas checking in. We have our Chapter President "FordBorn" We have had a meeting already and have another scheduled for tonight. :-X22 We also have cards, banner and shirts ready so I will send you copies for your approval. I have a couple questions though.
1. number 2 in your chapter guidlines states "Chapter related photos can be maintained in the Chapter Gallery" Where is that located?
2. number 3 on the guidlines says "The Chapter Leader is responsible for seeking out new Chapter members on the FTE forums (we provide the tools for this)" what are theses tools or where are they?
3. In your original post about the "chapter leaders" you wrote they would be accepting requests for, sending out requests for people and approving requests to join their chapter is this still the case and if so why have all the chapters been opened up for anyone and everyone to join?

Just trying to get straight on all that is supposed to take place and to do it right. Thanks for the site, the opportunity, and all your assistance.

FTE Ken 05-02-2004 02:14 AM

1. That's why I need Chapter President names. I'm setting up galleries for each. More on this later when its all setup.
2. Click on "Member's List" on the top menu bar. I'm about to add a column to it that will list Chapter memberships. You cChapter Presidents will be able to browse the list by state and invite users to join their chapter with a single click of the mouse.
3. You will not have to handle join requests. Its now automated. :)

This is just the start. I have a bunch of features in the works now that we have an additional developer helping out. :)

fordborn 05-02-2004 10:10 AM

Great Ken, thanks for the reply :-X22 that will cover this day's portion or our programming I will stay tuned for more. :-X05

Beast12 05-18-2004 05:41 AM

Well I guess I was voted in as Chapter leader for Ontario! :)

Ken, you said you want us to have an offline meeting? Just curious as to what the purpose of this meeting is and what is supposed to get accomplished. Thanks.

-Matt :-tap

Bordaine 05-19-2004 05:47 PM

Ken
Could the Ct chapter get a 2 week extention on the June 1st deadline. We have A meeting in place (June 5th) and will open nominations after the meeting and hope to have A leader chosen shortly there after.
I know we kinda did it backwards, but I thought it would be A good idea to meet someone before voting on them.

Icicle 05-20-2004 01:02 PM

Ivanribic is the chapter leader for northwest....just in case he hasnt notified you yet :)

(he only won by the narrowest of margins, really :) )

ivanribic 05-20-2004 03:01 PM

Ha! If you'd have had my campaign group working for you it would have been an easy victory Kevin . . . the guy who nominated me was really supportive. :-X04

Hey Ken, when I view the chapter members it shows me their state, when they posted, when they became a member, etc. Is there a way to make their city show up? I know not everyone on FTE has given that info but I'd like to have a list for those who have. It would make local meetings a lot easier to organize, especially for a big region like ours.

F2504x4 05-23-2004 07:10 PM

congrats on your nomination, :-X22 now don your black fin-dora, tilted to the right, MIB shades, go buy a PBFS (plain black ford sedan)...... :cool:

your mission is to.... tooo ah well if i told you here... i'd have to you know, use my flashy thingy on everyone reading this. ;)

sc69rarechero 06-08-2005 07:49 PM

I dont see a south carolina chapter

Mil1ion 06-08-2005 07:49 PM

That's correct :)

sc69rarechero 06-09-2005 05:09 PM

we need a south carolina chapter

fordborn 06-09-2005 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by sc69rarechero
we need a south carolina chapter

Welcome to FTE and all it has to offer. Hope you will enjoy your time here.

If you think there is support for a S.C chapter, then follow the guidelines in order to get one started. Chapter Guidelines Here. :-X22

mlb4966 06-14-2005 12:44 AM

Mike B checking in for Alaska. We will be having new "Officers" here in the next month or so and I will send those to you when I know whom is doing what.

lariat97 07-06-2005 10:14 PM

How do I join the Tn chapter?