Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2004 - 2008 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum24/)
-   -   Ford Dealer offers Xzlion Molecular Adhesion (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/235041-ford-dealer-offers-xzlion-molecular-adhesion.html)

chitterchad 04-28-2004 04:56 PM

Ford Dealer offers Xzlion Molecular Adhesion

I have a 04' fx4 supercab I pick up on 11-1-2003. I had my truck xzloin inside and out by my dealer and I love it. Makes clean up of bug and road tar a breeze with power wash, everything comes off - even the break dust. It's guaranteed for 5 years. If you can't get a stain out of the interiorand if they can't get it clean, they will replace it, same with the exterior. Has anyone else had this done? What do you think of the product?

subliminaldanger 04-28-2004 06:42 PM

How much did it cost, can you tell that you have it, and where did you get it done? Sounds like a great idea for me since I'm always mudding.

dzervit 04-28-2004 09:01 PM

Sounds interesting... how much was it?!

garman 04-28-2004 09:25 PM

sounds like a salesman to me.

subliminaldanger 04-28-2004 09:37 PM

Isn't the point of this forum to get new ideas about things to do to your truck? If he's a salesman then i say he came to the right place.

Toreador 04-28-2004 09:47 PM

Something fishy about this one. Buyer beware.

dzervit 04-28-2004 10:18 PM

Is that spelling right? I can't come up with a SINGLE hit on google... not a good sign!

FadeToBlack 04-28-2004 10:27 PM

How much was it? What is it? Scotchguard-type of protectant on the inside and Teflon on the outside??

chitterchad 04-29-2004 04:05 AM

Cost of xzilon

First off I am not a saleman and I don't even work for fords and there is nothing fishy about it at all. It was made by granitize aviation for boeing air planes about 25 years ago to make cleaning a breeze.The correct spelling is xzilon, if you try that spelling you will find it on google search. Xzilon is far superior then scothguard. The exterior is not a teflon, it's a molecular adhesion that is guaranteed for 5 years, and that means no waxing at all. Makes cleaning your truck very easy weather your washing your truck in the driveway by hand or going to the car wash. The cost was 495.00 I had it done at Gaylord Ford in nortern lower Michigan the phone number is 1-800-732-6710 ask for Tom Walker

dzervit 04-29-2004 07:11 AM

Huh... I must not know how to copy & paste! 13 hits now... time to do some reading! Thanks for opening my eyes chitterchad! Oh yeah - how much did the dealer hit you for ($)?

hovy 04-29-2004 12:17 PM

Do A search for 5 starshine.....Do it yourself for 70 dollars

vtn98 04-29-2004 01:45 PM

hovy,
do you use that stuff? I just checked out the website and it seems to good to be true. No regular waxing and just spraying with a hose to clean it? I'd like to hear from someone who has actually used it before I ask my wife if I can get it. I just bought a bunch of Meguiars stuff that I detailed my truck with last week.

hovy 04-29-2004 01:56 PM

I did our 2003 audi with it last June....it still is slick as he** I use canuba wax on top of it and it looks and washes great..... I have used zino brothers and klassi shine products for years.....Both are great but this starshine stuff makes detailing the car real easy...Also try a new product Mr Clean car wash system....It really works great and dries with "NO" water spots...Does not wear away the wax also...

vtn98 04-29-2004 04:58 PM

I got the Mr. Clean stuff. THat stuff is wonderful!

Are you going to use the 5 Star Shine on your truck? You use the 5 star and then you put a wax on top of it?

FadeToBlack 04-29-2004 08:01 PM

I'm gonna look into these Xzilon and 5 Starshine products because they sound great. As far as the Mr Clean system goes... Well I tried it and took it back. It works OK but for Black paint, it still shows water spots if you don't wipe it down and my truck is a 4x4 SuperCrew meaning it's a little taller than a non-4x4 and the Mr Clean rinse isn't powerful enough (with my water pressure) to reach the top of the truck. I have to get on a ladder and aim downward. Besides that, I went through a complete bottle of their special soap formula in one wash (roughly 4 bucks a pop). I'm not sure how long the Pur filter will last but it sounds like it can all add up costing you 10 bucks or so and a lot of time every time you wash your truck. I'd rather pay $70 or even $495 if it was REALLY WORTH it so that I can forget about using all of those other expense products every single time. That's my 2 cents. Now I'm off to research online for a couple hours on this Xzilon and 5 Starshine stuff...