Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum37/)
-   -   82 F250 bench seat (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/230450-82-f250-bench-seat.html)

Mr.Linfoot 04-15-2004 07:26 PM

82 F250 bench seat

I need a new bench seat, mines an 82 regular cab (if that makes any difference), what years are going to be a clean, bolt in swap?

oldhalftons 04-15-2004 09:09 PM

73-96 bench seat will bolt in

Oscar Meier 04-16-2004 08:33 AM

I thought it was 80-96 was a bolt-in job?

victorcharlie 04-16-2004 06:17 PM

I don't know the condition of your seat, but I had mine recovered at a local upholstry shop for less than $200. While mine didn't need it, they would have replaced the seat foam for the same price. Checking several of the mail order catalogs, a cover is about the same price as I paid the shop, and I wouldn't do the job myself for the difference. The seat turned out better than I expected, is handmade and machine sewn, and fits perfectly. I suggest you get a few prices locally, you may be just as suprised as I was.

hermangarza 04-16-2004 07:31 PM

took mine out a while back to put lincoln seats but when i put a new carpet didnt want the seats because i had wood on some sides as seat tracks and floor where diffrent but now i have this idea to get the stock seat track from a bench and weld the seats in (tracks to bench). But know i think 73-96 bench will fit.

Mr.Linfoot 04-16-2004 11:41 PM

the previous owner of my truck was a BIIIGG fella, and I'm a tall skinny fella, and the frame work on my seat is all busted up, I had a couple of 2x4's under the seat to keep it off the floor, and a 1x6 in the back to get the back of the seat where it needed to be. When I took the seat out of the truck yesterday, it pretty much Disintegrated itself as it went out the door.

I don't think it's worth fixing, I was planning on going wrecking yarding this weekend and see if I can fine a good used one, but with the kind of luck I have wrecking yarding, I'm probably going to end up with some funky green thing or something, that should look real good in a black and gray truck with a black interior ....I'll let you know monday how it went.

Stuart

GypsyR 04-19-2004 10:11 PM

Another option is bucket seats. The guys in the Bronco section clued me into the fact that Explorer seats aren't hard to adapt into the the big Bronco. I scored a nice pair of power ones that are a very close match in color to what I took out. I like them so much, I went and got another pair for the old 82 F150. I haven't been able to start fitting them though. I understand that the F150 floorpan does differ a bit from the Bronco so a bit more fitting will be required. You will have to drill some holes in the floor as the mounting bolts aren't even close.
Not as easy as just throwing in a bench, but comfy and you can put a whopping great console in between them. If you occasionally need to carry an extra passenger or two they'll have to ride in back if you have a regular cab.

mustange70 04-19-2004 11:53 PM

I used some stell tubing and flat iron and made a set of taurus (8 way power drivers and 2 way passenger) buckets fit in my pickup and i have pictures of them in my gallery. But a decent seat from the wreckers will cost as much if not cheaper then recovered seats.

Mr.Linfoot 04-20-2004 01:35 AM

well. it rained all weekend, so I didn't go wrecking yarding, I didn't feel like getting wet, now them bronco seats sounds like a great idea, and I'd be tempted, but I have kids, and there's always someone going with me in the truck, so I'm going to have to stick with a bench.

Stuart

DanMan7 04-28-2004 09:38 AM

Have anyone put individual Bronco bucket seats inside their regular F100-F250 Cabs? Do they just bolt into where the bench seat would be? I know the inside bolts you have to drill holes for, but otherwise do the outside ones bolt up?

mgraveman 04-28-2004 05:57 PM

I don't know where you are, but I have a bench seat that you can have if you are close to tonganoxie Kansas. It's in OK shape, and red.

82F100SWB 04-28-2004 09:22 PM

The Bronco buckets are the same seats as the extended cabs with buckets got, and the later model F150's with the 40/20/40 split bench got, so, they should be a fairly simple swap.
My buddy has the seats and console out of an early 90's Eddie Bauer Bronc in his 84 F150, knowing his level of mechanical ability, and that he in fact put them in himself, it can't be a hard swap.

Mr.Linfoot 04-29-2004 01:52 AM

Thanks for the offer mgraveman,

I'm in Oregon, and Kansas would be a bit of a drive for me, but ...hey if I leave friday night after work, I could be there by Monday.....uh, ...hold on a sec ....you said it was red? ...nevermind.

Really, that was a nice offer, and at this point, I wouldn't care what color the seat was, I'll find one locally...we have enough of them U-Pull-it wrecking yards around, one will turn up.

Stuart

mgraveman 04-29-2004 02:36 AM

Yeah, you probably can do better than a two day drive. I've been trying to get rid of 87 diesel parts all week. I bought a cab last weekend for the back window, and stripped it out.

Mr.Linfoot 04-29-2004 07:42 AM

a whole cab? for a window? ....ouch, that's a hard way to get a window, ...then again, I remember buying a chevy blazer top, to get a side window ....still have the top to, but the blazer is long gone.

Stu