Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Montana Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum130/)
-   -   Nominations! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/224923-nominations.html)

Matts72 04-01-2004 02:13 PM

Nominations!

They are important!

Please email me with your nomination for group president!

I've only received one so far!

the law 04-03-2004 01:49 AM

We get a group president? Where have I been? Wouldn't that kind of overlap with Moderator?

mtflat 04-03-2004 08:07 AM

I'm confused too - where did this come from and what's it for? No, I don't read the general info forum, so if it appeared there......................

cowboywanabe 04-03-2004 10:29 AM

Take a look at the Announcement titled "New Chapter Groups and Group Leaders" at the top of this forum (and other forums too). It will give you all the details...

Matts72 04-03-2004 01:12 PM

i gots two nominations, only 10 days left....

Matts72 04-05-2004 06:29 PM

Do I need a cattle prod!!!! come on guys....

Fordlover55 04-07-2004 12:28 AM

Looks like a dead issue Matt. I wonder how the other forums are doing on this? I haven't looked, but I guess that's something else to do tonight for a while before my meds sink in and I find myself waffle faced on my keyboard.

Matts72 04-07-2004 12:37 AM

You guys can't ALL vote for me....

be very careful of the waffleitis.

the law 04-07-2004 03:19 AM

If there's money in it, I nominate myself. I am willing to be crooked for money. If there's no money in but I don't have to do anything for a cool title, then I nominate myself. If there's no money in it and lots of work to be done, well I can't help being a lazy man...

Fordlover55 04-07-2004 04:47 PM

I don't think many of us even know each other well enough to nominate anyone other than our current fearless leader. If you want help, since I already manage a group on Yahoo and have since June of 99, I guess I could help you out. I'd have to see how the groups are set up as compared to Yahoo Groups to know if I am going to be familiar enough with the set up. Groups are pretty interesting the way Yahoo has them. You can set up photo albums...and we can limit the size of each album... to put pics of you, your truck or interesting photos of whatever in. And yes..we need to keep it clean.

In yahoo groups, the moderator(s) have privileges of accepting members or deleting and/or banning them..depending on their behavior. Moderators can change pictures on the front page, change group color configs, and do numerous other activities that the main body of members can't. So.... if this is the format of what our groups are going to be like, then I'd be happy to help out, since I know it so well. During the summer months, I spend less time here, because of yard work and paid work, but if nominated then I would spend more planned time here for when our fearless leader isn't around and watching over things. :-X25

Matts72 04-08-2004 03:06 AM

it'd be like that, you can accept members and remove them, manage a picture gallery, and figure events and such out....

It would not be like the FTE moderators, where be have special moderator hats, that say we can do special things....;)

Fordlover55 04-08-2004 02:21 PM

So, who needs a hat anyway? And possibly it would give me a foot in the door towards being a moderator sometime in the future. ( As long as I maintain my cool and don't fight with anyone...'specially moderators :-hair ).

If I can nominate myself, then consider it done did. If I can't then...I guess I'm up the proverbial creek, eh? :-X16

68torino 04-10-2004 08:00 PM

I'll throw my hat infor SD Group Leader. I usually just go to new posts to help people out. This will give me more to do.

Fordlover55 05-01-2004 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by 68torino
I'll throw my hat infor SD Group Leader. I usually just go to new posts to help people out. This will give me more to do.

So far there isn't a separate SD forum. You are still with the High Plains Drifters. Which isn't really a bad thing, ya know. If you'd like to start a SD chapter, go to the thread here about the Iowa boys wanting to start their own groups. I posted a link in there that tells you what to do to attempt establishing your own state group. You can also find the information you need in the FTE chapter discussions.

If you decide to give it a shot, good luck and we'll hate to see ya go, but also fully understand what individual state pride means to each of us!
:-X22