Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minnesota Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum86/)
-   -   gearhead club owned shop/storage (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/214131-gearhead-club-owned-shop-storage.html)

putzr 03-06-2004 08:07 PM

gearhead club owned shop/storage

Anyone ever thought of getting a club together and buying a shop/shed that would have maybe at least one of everything and 2 or 3 of the more common pieces of equipment like welders, torches, etc. Everyone would have to have their own wrenches in stuff unless there was some sort of other agreement. It might not take too much either...one guy own the shop, the other 3 or 4 guys bring the tools and have some sort of club setup that controls it all. Each member would have a lockable bay so to speak where you could keep your project. Thought just came to me that it'd probably have to be 2-4 people that live close together to make it even considerable. Im just kinda typing as Im thinking but anyone got any thoughts on the idea? Could help each other out on projects, ideas, support...etc. later

fordtruckfan90 03-09-2004 09:41 AM

Hey putz I think that would be cool, i live in St.Paul, which is merely a hop away. It would be nice to get together and help each other, Im going to be repainting my truck this spring, and i might need help with getting a box, straightening other panels out, and there ar some areas i excel in so i could help as well, yea lets get this going!!!

Snopro 03-18-2004 09:32 PM

Hey there I am a bit south of you all and i normally can be found in FTW under the same name , but if anyone ever needs a place to install lifts and do mods give me a hollar. i hav about everything emaginable and am acctually persuing putting up another shop to start doing lifts and custom stuff in my back yard pruchasing a overhead lift. any way i have the welder,torches,plsma cutter, 25 ton press,80 gal compressor and industrial type air tools, I have done over 30 lifts not including the 5 i installed in my current truck.

fordtruckfan90 03-20-2004 07:38 PM

hey Snopro, where exactly is Medford? I'm repainting my '90 f-150 this spring, and was looking to put a body lift on, i have a clue on how to do it, but with the possible steering linkage being too short and possible problems i may run into, im skeptical about doing it. I think its nice to offer your shop to FTE members, thats awesome! I thought about mods, but am unsure of what to mod out, well later!

James

Snopro 03-21-2004 09:46 PM

No problem . Medford is north of Owatonna and south of Faribault If you know where Cabelas is you found Medford, which is right on 35w about 30 miles south of lakeville and 45 min south of downtown minneapolis. i have done over 20 bodi lifts and Basicly It is all out of my 2 car garage. email me knothing else

Azrock 11-09-2005 01:57 PM

Snopro, would you be interested in helping me restore my 74. I live in Eagan.