Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oklahoma Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum92/)
-   -   stupid city laws or a 500 fine (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/208833-stupid-city-laws-or-a-500-fine.html)

tex1264 02-23-2004 03:33 PM

stupid city laws or a 500 fine

i just got busted with my 68 swb sitting in the drive with flat tires. it seems i have to prove it is street ready. can't sit on my property. whats wrong with this picture its got a tag no missing parts thanks kevin:-X09

Jimbare 02-23-2004 04:58 PM

i go thru this about 2 times a year. i dont have to tag them, just have to be able to move them around. you on the other hand, probably just need to air up the tires and move it around about 1 or 2 times a month. there is a clause in the law here about " project vehicles". seems i fit that catagory! sorry for your trouble.

NoMo 02-24-2004 10:44 AM

Precisely why I moved to an area where there are no HOA rules or city ordinances governing what I can do on MY property.

cigarxtc 02-24-2004 12:45 PM

Or, do as I did w/ my '50 F1 in pieces; Black Tag it. That way you have it registered as a work in progress and you don't have to keep it renewed every year. But you just won't be able to put it on the road until you Red tag it instead of black tag it.

tex1264 02-26-2004 08:34 PM

stupid city laws or 500 fine

i got it black tagged,they say it has to run they marked on this sheet, its got flats,missing parts, grass growing under it, no tag,but its not missing anything&its sitting on cement driveway i have current tag. sorry i'm just venting and i got to move it

cigarxtc 02-27-2004 07:38 AM

Wow. That's surprises me. I guess the local authorities there have nothing better to do than to harass you and yer truck. I'm very surprised that you got hassled since the truck is sitting in your driveway, not on the city street. I wonder if your neighbors had complained to the city about the truck? That stinks. Looks like you'll be moving it to the side of the house or back yard now?

5356f100 03-01-2004 10:21 PM

Actually that's quite common within city limits. We had an officer at the house at around 9pm or so asking about my truck sitting in front of the house with a flat (he said two flats, only one though) and not running. I did tell him it had a slow leak and I just used it last weekend. He then explained he recieved a complaint about a non-running vehicle at this address. He checked the truck over, had current tag and just asked if I could turn it around so they have nothing to complain about.

So after he left I aired up the tire, started the truck, and smoked the **** out of the tires. After turning it around to park it again by the curb, I exited the truck and with a loud voice made the comment "well what do you know the SOB runs!!".

Anyways tex, maybe you can check and see if you would be legal by using a truck cover. I think here in Lawton that will get you by. Never hurts to ask.

okacookie 03-03-2004 11:50 AM

i was in the same situiation with a project car a couple years ago in Yukon. i had a 77 280z i was trying to fix up and i had it in the street for about a week and thats when i was told i had to get it out of the street. so i did that and put it in the driveway then i get another notice and he tells me i cant even have it in the drive way if it doesnt run. so i had to clear out our garage to get it out of sight. i can understand why they dont want cars in the street but it really ****ed my off when i was told i cant even have it in the driveway...my guess is that it was the cop that lives on our street because when we moved last month he called the cops and told them that we had trash in our yard. No SH*% SHERLOCK its called trash day is tomorrow!

well i guess i am done with my rant but the city just makes me mad with all of their stupid laws.

chris

tex1264 03-16-2004 10:50 PM

stupid laws

i went and got the tag for my 67 swb thats in my gallery so its got 2 1/4 exhaust with very loud mufflers. for those who don't like ford pickup's sitting in my driveway just wait til 6 a.m. it willlll rattle the glass in any house:-X09

HomerWinzlow 04-19-2004 07:02 AM

They are cracking down around Lawton too, just passed another ordinance about vehicles not allowed to be parked in the grass.

I suggest if you got a citation with false information that you take a digital camera and take photos with time and date stamp, and take them to the mayors office and raise hell about harrassment. Get the local newspaper and TV station involved. If you take it on the chin all the time they will continue harrassing people and collecting fines to justify thier job position. IMHO

5356f100 04-19-2004 08:28 AM

Homer I don't believe that's a new ordinance, just one they are starting to crack down on. I also believe if you were to work on your car at the house you have 45 days to complete it.

HomerWinzlow 04-19-2004 12:10 PM

Thats possible 5356f100, I just heard my spouse commenting on it during the evening news broadcast last week and she was acting like it was something new. I wasnt viewing the broadcast myself. I can understand their point of view when I drive by houses where you see vehicles parked in the yard for long periods and see tall grass growing all around it.

95 F150 04-28-2004 05:25 PM

That sounds like a bunch of BS , it's pretty sad when you can't park your own truck on the grass in YOUR own front yard if you want to. Lets see we pay property tax, tags, and insurance on our vehicles. What next, will I need a tag or permit to sleep with my wife? I think the police need to worry about more serious offenders like robbers, burglars and sex offenders. Lay off cops - get a life!

250-1968_campspecial 07-12-2004 04:14 AM

on the storry of ahole cops i got one for u

i dont have a gate on my land and a crystal clear creek on my land and thiss of duty cop drove down my road in a police car and got stuck, see i have two roads going to the same place one goes in front of my house and the other doesnt so i blocked off the oen that goes were i cant see whos going down the road and i blocked it off with an old telephone pole, well this cop drove up the log in his cruiser and broke it, and i gota ticket for sumthin on my land and he said it looked like pub property, common, he had too go across and cattle guard that said no trespassing next to it then he turned on my road and ther was two no trespasing signs on it then one at the fork in the road and one on the log

and on top of that i got in trouble for a car leaking gass