Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum26/)
-   -   trucks vs cars (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/188167-trucks-vs-cars.html)

FastestOnRaceDay 01-03-2004 03:11 PM

trucks vs cars

i was reading an old post, about a lighting vs a little foreign car...the car drivers act like its a big feat to beat a truck...a truck weigh atleast 1000 punds m,ore and the tailgate act like a parachute...i think trucks should race trucks and cars should race cars...anyone agree?

proveit2me 01-04-2004 06:15 PM

If the two want to race each other, than so be it. It's all in fun isn't it?

jcreality 01-14-2004 04:15 AM

If you want my opinion on the matter, go check out my last message on that same thread/topic "Fastest". I agree that when racing.......class on class. Isn't that why professionals race similar chassis? :-wow

And "proveit2me"? (please don't take offense to this, cuz I'm not venting on you, but instead, mis-informed drivers playing a supposed-racer's-role.)
it's all fun as LONG AS it's on Race Day, on a Race Track.
Man, sometimes I wish I were a cop in an unmarked car to make these li'l boys' butt sphincters tigthen up as small as their mentality.
If it's not in a controlled and advisable environment, NO, it's not fun. (I may give a wry smile to road racers at times, but if they hit someone like my girlfriend, sister, nephews, mom or dad......or a relative of my racquetball partner, heck! even the guy I just cussed out for not using his blinker and blocking the passing lane~think about it....I'd be the first to wanna rip "the Racers" a new digestive exit point.)

A thesarus while looking at the word "stupid" would not even come close to pull up a defining word to explain what category that kind of activity falls into.

proveit2me 01-15-2004 10:59 PM

To jcreality, no offense taken. In fact, a good point. My wife and I travel to work together; in town, and on the bypass. I love to drive, but when I see "offensive drivers" that are looking for a place to have an accident ,I tend to voice my oppinion, and like you ,wish I could pull them over to cite them. Now my wife thinks that their driving habits should be no concern of mine, and I try not to voice my oppinion. She says, "They don't bother me". I don't know how she does it. To be cut off, or watch someone weave in and out of traffic wildly. Some drivers are really scary.

And about racing and fun. I don't race, but when I attend races or go to car shows I dream of having the over powered engine in a tight little screamer. You know the kind that turns everybodys heads 'cuz it's awesome. And everybody wants a peice of me, car or truck so we settle out on the track.
....You know, in fun.

I guess I'm just not that serious when it comes to racing.
But show me how you got that 500 cubic inch cad motor in that goodlookin rod thats pumpin over 800 ft. lbs. of torque and I'll stand up and take notice.

My wife won't though....

drewcoolness99 01-21-2004 07:12 PM

i like cars more but that is me!!!! and ya i am black :)

78custom 01-23-2004 12:05 PM

I think that cars should race cars and trucks should race trucks also.

drewcoolness99 01-24-2004 11:50 PM

I am not black and I like my truck, I wouldn't trade it for a car any day.(within reasonable reach)

I didn't post the reply above

chillyF250 02-27-2004 02:03 PM

I pretty much think you should race whomever you want. I just don't understand the "yeah, but it's a truck" thought process if a truck driver lost to a car. If it's looked at as a handicap...then don't race the car.