Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 to 2016 Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/)
-   -   Door ajar Light stays on (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/181872-door-ajar-light-stays-on.html)

Kingdom1 12-15-2003 02:29 PM

Door ajar Light stays on

The following items are not working on my 2002 Ford F250 4x4 Crew Cab. The door ajar light stays on all the time. The interior lights stay on all the time. The automatic door locks no longer activate when you start driving as they used too. The power windows and radio do not remain powered for the five mintue delay after the ignition is turned off as they previously did. I do not have an alarm on this truck. I have hooked a superchip diagnostic programmer up and I get the error #603 internal control module KAM error) I have found a website that explains this code( faulty PCM InOpen PCM pin, disconnect B+,ternal control module KAM error) (Huh?) How can I fix this problem. I have tried spraying DW40 in the latches as some suggets and it hasn't worked.

99f350sd 12-15-2003 08:28 PM

The gem module powers all the stuff you are talking about.....I don't think the PCM has anything to do with it....I could be wrong!

Kingdom1 12-15-2003 08:38 PM

Thanks for the info! Now, could you tell me where the GEM module is located?

Fordman4x4 12-15-2003 08:53 PM

Sounds like the GEM module never sees the door close, especially cuz you say the door ajar light and the interior light's never go out. You should check out the door switch in each door...

wait...when you get in and just put the key in the ignition (do not turn key) does the buzzer start going off. If so then it would be a problem with the driver's side door switch. I just remembered when i work under the dash of my truck i can't stand listening to the radio because the buzzer keeps goin off with the door open. If no buzzer then it would be the pass. side door switch...

good luck

Nelson

99f350sd 12-15-2003 10:10 PM

Even if the drivers door sw is open all the time the gem controlled light will go out eventually. Check the dash dimmer sw?

Fordman4x4 12-15-2003 10:17 PM

right but wouldn't it recycle every drive cycle?

99f350sd 12-16-2003 07:27 AM

Even with the key off the light should go out after awhile. With all the other probs he has it sounds like a major malfunction. Yes I would check the door sw's.

Kingdom1 12-16-2003 10:46 AM

The problem has evolved further by itself; now the dome lights stay on for about 45 seconds after you start driving the truck and then go off. After I park the truck they all stay on for about 10 minutes,.. go figure.. The auto delay door locks, delay radio and window funtion after the ignition is off still do not work at all. The door ajar light also stays on all the time. The truck was in a roll over acident and the cab was partially replaced and 3 of 4 doors were replaced with used doors. I have had all the doors apart and there is no door switch that I can find anywhere in any of the doors? The two front doors were origonally taken from an Excursion but that should'nt make any difference from what I've been told. Can anyone tell me where the GEM Modlue is located?

99f350sd 12-16-2003 12:57 PM

The gem is behind the fuse box and the switches are inside the door next to the latch mechanism or below it. Pull the connector that should simulate door closed.

Kingdom1 12-16-2003 01:04 PM

Where will I find the connector? By the switch inside the door?

99f350sd 12-16-2003 05:08 PM

Its attached to the latch on the bottom. If you stick your hand in there you'll feel the wire...its on the sw.

FortyFords 12-16-2003 10:07 PM

after chking on what has been suggested .
Because this truck was a rollover I would ck where the wires enter the doors and where the enter the door pillars this is a common place that gets pinched or crushed when bodyshops do there pulling and welding .

Rich

Kingdom1 12-17-2003 09:55 AM

Thanks for all the advice! Today, I plan to remove the panels on the doors to check each switch. Can anyone tell me a way to test them in place? As I understand it, there is only one wire at the switch? I would think it would require two wires to complete a circut?

Kingdom1 12-17-2003 02:01 PM

The plot thickens; I discovered that the right front passenger door switch acts in reverse of what it should. When the door is opened, everything works properly. The door ajar light goes out and all the other delay functions work properly. When the door is closed, major malfunction! I tried an easy fix of crossing the two wires in the harness that go to the door switch but it didn't change a thing. Any ideas as to why or how the switch could work the opposite of the way it should?

black98f150 12-17-2003 02:06 PM

my dome light and the door ajar light was staying on for a while also.......how i fixed it was sprayed some silicone spray in the door jams,hinges,everything that keeps the door closed and makes it open..........problem solved!!!!!!!!!:D