Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alberta Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum79/)
-   -   Canada friendly online shopping (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/176737-canada-friendly-online-shopping.html)

mcanik 11-30-2003 08:49 PM

Canada friendly online shopping

Is Club FTE going to get some good Canadian shopping?
Not that I am knocking Motorhaven.:confused:

FireHazard 01-31-2004 02:18 PM

I hope so, it would be nice so that we are not always looking at us prices and parts that are may or may not be legal here.

Mil1ion 01-31-2004 02:26 PM

So,who do you think would have the best quality,best price & best service as a Canadian Retailer ?

I always say: "I look after the people who look after me"
The way I look at it from a being an FTE user, is to extend my business that gives me the best benefits.

Well, Now as with me being an FTE administrator, the people in Canada (FTE User's) should feel more secure about dealing with an American Company...... like FTE.... over others.

What are your feelings about this ?

FireHazard 01-31-2004 02:32 PM

Point taken!! Have not been on the online store lately, but if you do not have a conversion tool from us-cnd $ might make our life abit easier if that is feasable. Just my 2 cents...

mcanik 01-31-2004 10:51 PM

Originally posted by Mil1ion

Well, Now as with me being an FTE administrator, the people in Canada (FTE User's) should feel more secure about dealing with an American Company...... like FTE.... over others.

That is all great but I recently made a purchase through Ebay for a $59 wiper motor. after the exchange, shipping and DUTY:-X01 it cost me $120CDN. It just isn't feasable to buy through the United States on most items. If there is any way you could make Motorhaven a Canadian store or a duty free store I would surely as a Canadian use it for my parts store, otherwise I just can't afford the charges. I will be continuing to shop at Canadian Tire just because it is affordable. It is not about feeling secure. I am sure Motorhaven is a great store for the USA.

mcanik 01-31-2004 10:52 PM

BTW firehazard, I am in Kitimat too

Mil1ion 01-31-2004 11:04 PM

The biggest problem is the Canadian Government with their BS service charges Plus anything that is sent by UPS gets hit big time for more service charges

Well, Try this.
Buy a ClubFTE membership , This provides you with a discount for buying product.

Find the product(s) you want

Price it out

Send a International Money Order for the amount Plus shipping by MAIL

Request that Motorhaven send the parcel USPS /Canada Post with a tracking number.

Canada Post charges $5.00/$10.00 for their Canada Duty tax.

No Muss.. No Fuss....

Let me know if there are any concerns you might have.:)

Racerguy 01-31-2004 11:50 PM

mcanik and FireHazard have you been to Terrace's new WallyWorld yet? I was sure disappointed in their selection of automotive type stuff.

mcanik 02-01-2004 12:32 AM

Been there today Racerguy. Automotive section is kinda lackin. Too many ppl there. and all the walking stuffed advertisements were buggy too. I hope they are there just for the opening week.
x(

FireHazard 02-01-2004 01:39 PM

Have been there yet, will check it out next time i am in Terrace. Mcanik where do you work? Just wondering if i know you!!

mcanik 02-01-2004 02:43 PM

I WAS a relief metal inspector in "A"Casting at the aluminum plant.:-X01 But considering I was temp and staff, they layed me off in October. I frequent Rosarios for coffee.

FireHazard 02-01-2004 02:46 PM

I don't think i know you, tough luck with work. I know what you mean i have been laid off my self for awhile. Don't work there tho!!

luv_mud 02-01-2004 02:58 PM

Hey mcanik, you mean those stuffed things weren't soft speed bumps. Now you tell me. }>
I wasn't overly impressed with the store or it's prices. I went up there to check prices on digital cameras, specifically an Olympus Stylus 300. I have checked on-line in B.C. stores and with the exception of Radio Shack (as of last week), the going price is 399 (and has been for a few weeks). Wally World had them for 496. Although, their prices on memory cards (128 meg- the biggest they stock) were a bit better then some I've seen.
One nice thing, for the first time I had no problem getting a close to the door parking spot at Canadian Tire. It was basically deserted especially for a Saturday.

PS BTW FireHazard you never did e-mail me back. (Or did I miss it?)

mcanik 02-01-2004 03:18 PM

I think I know you luv_mud

U in Kitimat or Terrace luv_mud? If I am right, your truck is white and yer name starts with g and I seen you at Wal Mart Yesterday.

:-X04

luv_mud 02-01-2004 03:20 PM

Yep thats me. Still in Kitimat.