Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2004 - 2008 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum24/)
-   -   5.4L 3 valve vs Hemi - yet again (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/166713-5-4l-3-valve-vs-hemi-yet-again.html)

2000BLK54 11-06-2003 02:25 AM

Factory Hemi RWHP:
Considering Kenne Bell recorded the factory horsepower at 281 on its Dynojet....

torque 11-06-2003 04:57 AM

Off topic, but I must reply to bassdude again.

Originally posted by bassdude
oh yea. my lightning owned a couple stealths too. turbo's and all.

Originally posted by torque
I’ll gladly run my stock Stealth against your force fed truck if you are stock. My best stock time stands at 13.087.

Originally posted by bassdude
apparently you didn't read my post where i explained trading in the lightning for a cobra. sorry, i don't believe a stock stealth runs a low 13. i have an idea, why don't you run the 1/4 mile against a lightning with both of you hauling a load of lumber in the back! oh thats right you can't becouse you have a car not a TRUCK.
You are the one to claim that your “Lightning owned a couple Stealths, turbo and all”. I simply replied saying I’d be willing to run you (stock vs stock). Apparently you no longer have the Lightning which is a shame. Further you stated a stock Stealth cannot run low 13s. I submit this as proof that they can (at least the last two years, ’95 & ’96, Stealths can), while not my best run, it is a low 13 in 100% stock form (all the way down to the air filter). 13.12 video => http://www.mi3si.org/movies/JoeG_sto...tock_98_C5.MPG

What I don’t understand is why you start bashing me for even offering to race when you are the one that instigated it by your comments. Of course I don’t want to try and put a load of lumber in my Stealth. Did the Stealths that you “owned” on the street with your Lightning have a load in them? More likely they weren’t racing, had an earlier model Stealth that needed a tune-up, or just didn’t know how to drive. How quick is your Cobra?

Then again, let's not get too off-topic, my primary interest here was to compare the Hemi and 5.4L 3 valve.

bigbluebronco43 11-06-2003 10:44 AM

How is it better to have an engine with less displacement make higher horsepower? That just means that little engine must work harder to make said power ending up in a less reliable engine. Yes plopping a Viper V10 in a truck is easy, but thats part of the attraction of a Viper or the new SRT10 Ram, its got a huge N/A engine, but it also has a completely redesigned suspension and braking to with it. It will be produced in less quantities also, just making it more of a collector car, Dodge will have a HEMI R/T Dakota to compete with the "L" and Chevy will be coming out with a supercharged 6 liter SS truck. Yes Bassdude you did start the whole race thing with Torque, and yes they do run 13's stock and are quite easy to constantly get in the 13's as they are all wheel drive, the "L" is a little harder because of traction problems.

Once again- http://popularmechanics.com/popmech/...907AUCTBM.html

bassdude 11-06-2003 05:51 PM

Originally posted by torque
Off topic, but I must reply to bassdude again.

What I don’t understand is why you start bashing me for even offering to race when you are the one that instigated it by your comments. Of course I don’t want to try and put a load of lumber in my Stealth. Did the Stealths that you “owned” on the street with your Lightning have a load in them? More likely they weren’t racing, had an earlier model Stealth that needed a tune-up, or just didn’t know how to drive. How quick is your Cobra?

Then again, let's not get too off-topic, my primary interest here was to compare the Hemi and 5.4L 3 valve.

this a truck forum. i won't talk about my car here. get a truck and i know a couple lightning owners who will gladly race whatever you can come up with. again, why do you insist on comparing sports cars to trucks?

Jackflack 11-06-2003 06:10 PM

I like how people with Ford user names , are Dodge diehard fans.
Lot of Smurfing going on.

Smurfs are Big and Blue.

TruBluScru 11-11-2003 12:33 AM

I work for a CA agency which buys nothing but Dodge and Chrysler. I've driven dozens of Dodge vehicles for years, both cars and trucks. I've towed boats, driven offroad, through sand, commuting and everything in between.

Dodge is crap. Dodge service is crap. Go back to the Dodge forum fanboy's.

will1010 11-11-2003 08:13 AM

torque shmork, they seem close enough for me so i'll take the better fit & finish, overall better feel & driveability,attention to detail,and durability of the ford anyday

89BroncoXlt 11-11-2003 03:58 PM

I am probably going to get burned here, but I have a 03 Ram SB 4x4 with a Hemi and 3.92's. My buddy had just purchased a 04 F-150 with the 3v head and FX4 package.. He kept goating me wanting to play stop light bandit wars. We lined up on a side street with the street lights., waited for it to turn green... He did jump me out, by about a truck length I was spinning my darn tires.. 50 degree weather and a over cast day; dosent make for good traction. After 50 yds I had pulled it back , and never looked backed again.. He looked to be around 3 truck lengths when it was all said and done. The 03 Cobra does run great, as does the L thanks in large part to the SC. My 99 Z-28 with bolt ons with 12.20's at 114 mph with a Mickey Thompson Et Streets. It really depends on what you wanna do... My other buddy has 76 Stingray with a 434 small block with a 5200 stall and 4.56's on a 10.5 tire runs consisntent 9.90's through the mufflers in the street trim, and I know their is a lot faster cars than that out here... :-X06

bassdude 11-11-2003 07:13 PM

broncoxlt, i'm just curious, why do you have a ford "handle" but drive a dodge? also you should put a picture of your dodge in your gallery so we could all see it. i think they would let you, just this once.

89BroncoXlt 11-11-2003 07:17 PM

Well Bassdude I still have the 89 XLT, its just a daily driver.. Traded in my 01 Sonoma for the Ram..

bassdude 11-11-2003 07:19 PM

thats cool, i was just wondering.

3tonV8 11-12-2003 08:33 PM

The Hemi is not a Hemi and the Dodge is so ugly.

3tonV8 11-12-2003 08:35 PM

The Hemi is not a Hemi and the Dodge is ugly.

bassaway 11-12-2003 10:33 PM

Sales of the 2004 Dodge Ram are up 46% or whatever but that doesnt say that its the better truck. Dodge slapped their full size pickups with huge incentives right as the new F-150 came out to hurt Fords sales. We'll those incentives are now hurting dodge as DiamlerChrysler(the american form of DiamlerBenz) is trying to bring itself back to profit. Dodges actions are soon going to come back and bite them becuase Ford announced as of yesterday that they will be giving incentives also. As the ford sales increase(less profit per sale but more sales), the dodges will decrease, and so will its already lacking profits(already low profit from sale plus less sales).

bigbluebronco43 11-13-2003 09:45 AM

Jackflack-Aren't smurfs small and blue? As I remember the cat was a monster compared to them-also look at my photogallery to see where I came up with my name.

Bassaway- Incentives at the same time as fords new truck wouldn't automatically net more sales, if you don't like the truck no matter how cheap it is you won't buy it, and from the looks of this forum a lot of Ford guys won't buy anything but Ford...

I actually test drove both the Dodge Hemi and the New F150, But I will post a new thread shortly on what I liked and disliked about both of them...I think you'll all be surprised by the outcome.