Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   North Carolina Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum88/)
-   -   new to nc (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/149512-new-to-nc.html)

brown beef 09-04-2003 05:47 PM

new to nc

hey, Im new to NC and this site, Im from CT, looking for trails and a 4x4 shop in the winston-greensboro area, or just other wheels to help me get into the scene down here, thanks
my trucks a 84 ranger body i put onto a bronco frame, powered by a 302

Bob Ayers 09-04-2003 06:36 PM

new to nc

Welcome to FTE, and NC!!!!

I don't do any off roading myself, so I can't help you with any
trails, sorry....

78'fordman 09-05-2003 08:35 AM

new to nc

hey welcome to nc. the best place around i have found to go wheeling is in the Uwharrie Mountains along the Pee Dee River and Lake Tillery. i live only about 20 min away from the reserve. i have wheeled all over the state adn still think this is one of the best place. if you want i can get you the dates teh trails are open. they close them in the winter for soil conservation. well anyway if you need anymore info let me know hope this helped

Dan Q 09-13-2003 10:34 PM

new to nc

Originally posted by brown beef
hey, Im new to NC and this site, Im from CT, looking for trails and a 4x4 shop in the winston-greensboro area, or just other wheels to help me get into the scene down here, thanks
my trucks a 84 ranger body i put onto a bronco frame, powered by a 302

Where in CT did you come from? I came from Bridgeport about 20 years ago due to employment. Spent most of my time here, and love it.

I'm down on the coast, so I can't offer you much as far as four wheeling or shops. But if you ever make it to the coast, I'm in the Havelock, Newport area. Drop me a line and I'll throw a steak on the grill for you.

Dan Q

brown beef 09-15-2003 12:17 AM

new to nc

:) hey Dan Q, I was born in bridgeport, then moved to berlin, im actuly at camp lejeune so i am near you, i have winston area up for wheelin becuse i have family in that area so i keep my truck up thier, so how abought that steak..:)

Dan Q 09-15-2003 04:49 AM

new to nc

Wow.... scary. Not only was he born in Bridgeport, but he's at Camp LeJeune.

I'll be down there the week of 15-20 Sep (at Johnson) and then in Quantico next week.

I work at Cherry Point though.

Small world.

Dan Q

will-work -for-mud 09-21-2003 03:46 PM

new to nc

Hey brown beef....I live about 20 min west of Winston-Salem and there aren't that many shops that I have found. There is one place called Kelly's Bars and Grilles in Winston that I have been by a couple times. They do more of the later style truck accessories from lowering kits to brushguards to bedliners and stuff like that. There is a place in Lexington that does handle some offroad stuff...Tom's 4 Wheel Drive and Offroad Center. That would probably be your best bet. There is also a place in Charlotte too...I think it's called Tar-Hell Offroad. Hope this helps.
-Landon

will-work -for-mud 09-23-2003 12:49 AM

new to nc

oops...thats Tar-Heel Offroad center not Tar-Hell Offroad...lol

mmidgett 01-13-2004 12:00 PM

NC 4wd club

Hey if you looking to do some wheeling get up with us www.nctufftrucks.com We are always doing something.