Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017+ Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum279/)
-   -   11.8% off of MSRP, I'll take it. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1481547-11-8-off-of-msrp-ill-take-it.html)

44Dan44 03-19-2017 10:04 AM

11.8% off of MSRP, I'll take it.

MSRP $59,890 (Destination Charge included herein)
X Plan $56,670
A-Z Plan $54,326
Minus expected rebates of $1000 plus $500 Military

My price $52,826
Plus TT&L $xxxx.xx
Doc Fee $172 max

K2500Z71 03-19-2017 10:13 AM

I wouldn't seal the deal until you have the complete deal, including the doc fee (which you list as TBD) in writing. If you live in a state where doc fees are unregulated, you may find that the deal isn't as sweet as you think it is.

Screamingbear 03-19-2017 10:23 AM

A plan

If you are an A plan buyer, doc fees are usually low, and are fixed, non negotiable by the plan.

The A plan price is also fixed by Ford, and dealers are not allowed to deviate from it for plan buyers.
The A plan price is very tough to beat anyways, plus you get any factory rebates currently offered as well.

Happy Trails
​​​​​

44Dan44 03-19-2017 10:24 AM

Max is $172

AMXDREAMER 03-19-2017 02:31 PM

Can you explain all the XYZ plan stuff? I'm in Canada and don't recall hearing any of it before. I can go to the Ford.ca website and build my truck and it gives MSRP. Then the dealer gives me a price and then any rebates off that.

The final price on mine was 16.5% off the MSRP and a decent price on my trade. I'm thrilled with this!

44Dan44 03-19-2017 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by AMXDREAMER (Post 17045395)
Can you explain all the XYZ plan stuff? I'm in Canada and don't recall hearing any of it before. I can go to the Ford.ca website and build my truck and it gives MSRP. Then the dealer gives me a price and then any rebates off that.

The final price on mine was 16.5% off the MSRP and a decent price on my trade. I'm thrilled with this!

Here's the full description of the available plans https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerw...tner_rules.htm

Given exchange rates and the different rebates offered up north I wouldn't try comparing. Down south we are in a never ending search to find out what is the real "invoice" price. The AXZ prices are a truer reflection of what that price is, for example, in my case;
$59890 MSRP
The "invoice" price given by Truecar and other sites that are paid by the manufacturers tells me invoice is $57476 (4.03% off MSRP)
The easily gotten X Plan beats that at $56670 (5.37% off MSRP)
As you can see A-Z Plan at $54326 (9.29% off MSRP)
Any US dealer can sell A-Z price and still collect approx $2k as holdback but they'd much rather the customer ask for $500 to $1000 off "invoice"

seventyseven250 03-19-2017 04:20 PM

X Plan for sure existing in Canada, although it's not as easy to get as it seems to be in the USA. If you work for a really large company, you may be eligible though them. When I worked for CNRL I could get an X-plan PIN.

Frantz 03-19-2017 05:10 PM

Any US dealer can sell A-Z price and still collect approx $2k as holdback but they'd much rather the customer ask for $500 to $1000 off "invoice"
Of course, what you're ignorantly leaving out is that Ford PAYS us a good piece of money to take A-Z plan price. I'd much rather sell at Z plan on every deal than to retail customers at invoice.

Invoice is invoice. Holdback pays for overhead. No one deserves to get products at cost, that defeats the purpose of business. With quick turn around and the likelyhood of back end profits, selling at invoice leaves enough holdback after expenses to make a few hundred bucks on the front end of a truck deal. Obviously on the very expensive trucks, the holdback is higher so we have the ability to help out a little bit more.

Chris Crews 03-19-2017 05:37 PM

I only have a X plan code.

How can can I get a A or Z plan? Will a dealer offer me this??

Frantz 03-19-2017 05:43 PM

You have to work for Ford corporate.....

Chris Crews 03-19-2017 05:52 PM

Oh. I went to a dealer not long ago and they claimed they can beat xplan. I figured they would let me use A or Z plan but im
assuming they told me this just to get me to agree and make me
pay extra somewhere else for a "better " deal.

is it commonly known that small dealers will charge more than larger dealers frantz? Or is that not true

44Dan44 03-19-2017 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Crews (Post 17045816)
I only have a X plan code.

How can can I get a A or Z plan? Will a dealer offer me this??

No, the dealer would like to offer you "invoice" Much like some people tell you to use Truecar and similar to find out what is "invoice".
Any dealer CAN sell A-Z to ANY customer. If they refuse you just need to ask yourself if you'd like to pay $3,000.00 extra for "invoice" price and move on down the road to a dealer that wants to move a unit and make plenty of profit.
As mentioned, A-Z gets the dealer $2k in holdback and gets them a payment from Ford as well.
Find the dealer that openly and transparently sells for A-Z and do business. Someone will chime in and say watch out for cross state extra expense this and that blah blah. For $3k off, I'm willing to take a road trip.

44Dan44 03-19-2017 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Crews (Post 17045844)
Oh. I went to a dealer not long ago and they claimed they can beat xplan. I figured they would let me use A or Z plan but im

is it commonly known that small dealers will charge more than larger dealers frantz? Or is that not true

Of course they can beat X plan, easily by approx $2k if they want to.

44Dan44 03-19-2017 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Frantz (Post 17045744)
selling at invoice leaves enough holdback after expenses to make a few hundred bucks

Define "invoice"
You quote truecar as invoice price and that's straight up disingenuous.

Feel free to use my example, circle the one you call "invoice"

$59890 MSRP
The "invoice" price given by Truecar and other sites that are paid by the manufacturers tells me invoice is $57476 (4.03% off MSRP)
The easily gotten X Plan beats that at $56670 (5.37% off MSRP)
As you can see A-Z Plan at $54326 (9.29% off MSRP)
Any US dealer can sell A-Z price to any customer and still collect approx $2k as holdback but they'd much rather the customer ask for $500 to $1000 off "invoice"

Frantz 03-19-2017 06:09 PM

X plan is a good deal but not the best. A small dealer will by nature have more overhead per unit to deal with, but you should be within a few hundred bucks difference, and if they have it in stock, they should be willing to let you have it rather than lose business. More so, I think the consumer is better off buying local. I am an idealist here, but I don't mind at all paying too much for milk and bread at the little shop I can walk to from my house, in fact, I go out of my way to buy things from them, and just hope others do too.

Of course they can beat X plan, easily by approx $2k if they want to.
That's an overstatement... It depends on the MSRP of the unit. But yes, we can beat X plan. Do make sure they don't beat an X plan pin by $300 and then hit you with a $500 fee!