Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   2016 TRUCKSTOCK (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1398631-2016-truckstock.html)

DR Smith 09-21-2015 06:27 PM

2016 TRUCKSTOCK

I know this is a little early , But Truckstock 2015 just got over and already the 10 two bedroom cabins in the Landside area have been booked . Also at least one of the down hill cabins has been taken , Harlysmnm did a great job and picked a very good location . It was decided to hold our 2016 event back at FALL CREEK FALLS State Park . I will be taking over for Joe and hope to do as well . Anyone thinking of attending should know the ground rules . We don't talk politics , Religion , or Chevy . We bring our wives , children and grandchildren , So this is not a weekend of drinking . If you can't speed a weekend without getting drunk , stay home . Now a beer or glass of wine while we sit around and solve all of our trucks problems , is not a problem . But again this is not a drinking weekend . We also do not judge each others trucks . Some are show , some restored , some daily drivers . We try to take a short cruise , it is up to you if you want to go . Some of us have family come and make this a family weekend , with Truckstock just part of it . We also like to keep this for the 48-56 ford truck bunch , so we have something in common . Contact me if you have any questions .

raytasch 09-21-2015 07:21 PM

Thanks for stepping up and taking on the event, Dave. I do have a cabin reserved. Post the dates so those interested can mark their calendar.

cruisetopdown 09-21-2015 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by DR Smith (Post 15660777)
I know this is a little early , But Truckstock 2015 just got over and already the 10 two bedroom cabins in the Landside area have been booked . Also at least one of the down hill cabins has been taken , Harlysmnm did a great job and picked a very good location . It was decided to hold our 2016 event back at FALL CREEK FALLS State Park . I will be taking over for Joe and hope to do as well . Anyone thinking of attending should know the ground rules . We don't talk politics , Religion , or Chevy . We bring our wives , children and grandchildren , So this is not a weekend of drinking . If you can't speed a weekend without getting drunk , stay home . Now a beer or glass of wine while we sit around and solve all of our trucks problems , is not a problem . But again this is not a drinking weekend . We also do not judge each others trucks . Some are show , some restored , some daily drivers . We try to take a short cruise , it is up to you if you want to go . Some of us have family come and make this a family weekend , with Truckstock just part of it . We also like to keep this for the 48-56 ford truck bunch , so we have something in common . Contact me if you have any questions .

We're they booked by truckstockers? If so, I would be interested in sharing one if someone is willing.
W

harleymsn 09-21-2015 07:36 PM

Dave, thanks for taking the reigns, of course if you need any help just give me a call.

Harrier 09-21-2015 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by DR Smith (Post 15660777)
We also do not judge each others trucks . Some are show , some restored , some daily drivers.

I wouldn't judge, I would just drool over all of them.
Dave, that sounds like a perfect weekend to me. I'm afraid TS2016 will coincide with my daughters cross country meet again, but we will see.
I would love to get my truck road worthy and spend a few days driving it there. Just a nice leisurely cross country drive and a weekend with truck buddies is what I need.

JPMallory 09-22-2015 05:17 AM

while we sit around and solve all of our trucks problems
Yeah, we are going to need more than a weekend for mine. :)

Seriously though, I'm interested in attending 2016. I would have liked to have gone this year, but there were too many things I needed to get done before I took the truck on that long of a drive. It will be ready by next year. I'll see to that.

Doraville 09-22-2015 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by cruisetopdown (Post 15660911)
We're they booked by truckstockers? If so, I would be interested in sharing one if someone is willing.
W

We reserved a cabin. You guys are welcome to stay with us. We didn't get to spend nearly enough time with y'all this year anyway!

CharlieLed 09-22-2015 07:32 AM

In-laws live in Lebanon, one time while visiting them I drove over to Fall Creek Falls to play golf. That is one beautiful part of the country! I would love to get back that way again...

DR Smith 09-22-2015 07:38 AM

TRUCKSTOCK will be held September 15-18 of 2016 . to book cabins or rooms [ at the loge ] call 1-800-250-8610 . if you are going to attend contact me we your contact information .

raytasch 09-22-2015 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by CharlieLed (Post 15661967)
In-laws live in Lebanon, one time while visiting them I drove over to Fall Creek Falls to play golf. That is one beautiful part of the country! I would love to get back that way again...

Road trip:-X22 in an old truck.

DR Smith 09-24-2015 09:34 AM

For all of you that think you have to much work to get your truck ready for next year , if you only work on your truck for 2 hours a week , you will have 100 hours in by next Truckstock , Think what you can get done in a 100 hours , Then if you could get a extra 6 hours a month , 72 hours = 172 hours . You get the picture .

fatfenders56 09-29-2015 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by DR Smith (Post 15667677)
For all of you that think you have to much work to get your truck ready for next year , if you only work on your truck for 2 hours a week , you will have 100 hours in by next Truckstock , Think what you can get done in a 100 hours , Then if you could get a extra 6 hours a month , 72 hours = 172 hours . You get the picture .

what state are we talking about? You are right about the 2 hours per week. I am registered for the 2016 Western Nats and it is amazing what I have gotten done on my "finished" truck

Skalywag 09-29-2015 07:59 PM

Is there any area to park a motor home? I may try to tow my 50' behind my motor home next year.

harleymsn 09-29-2015 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Skalywag (Post 15680632)
Is there any area to park a motor home? I may try to tow my 50' behind my motor home next year.

There is a huge campground in the park.
Fall Creek Falls State Park ? Tennessee State Parks

fatfenders56 09-29-2015 11:17 PM

Tennessee, thank you. There is some talk here about caravaning out to the Super Nats with some guys from PUL