Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2015 - 2020 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum276/)
-   -   Has anyone taken the Ford Factory Tour @ the Henry Ford ? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1366559-has-anyone-taken-the-ford-factory-tour-the-henry-ford.html)

TenaciousT 03-08-2015 10:59 AM

Has anyone taken the Ford Factory Tour @ the Henry Ford ?

Would like to do this to see how the 2015 are built . I love shows like How it made ?

dbdbb 03-08-2015 10:27 PM

I went on the tour a couple of days ago, sadly the trucks weren't being built that day, they said there was a shortage of frame shipment due to the weather. The tour was still very interesting, my friends and I rode on a bus from the museum to the Rouge plant. watched some history and development shows in 2 small theaters, then went up on an upper floor look out over the plant and then walked around where the trucks were being built. You don't get to see every part of them being built, it starts watching cabs getting fitted with interior. Since no assembly was taking place, we just seen the trucks in different stages, and then some finished trucks getting final inspection by people and machines.
I enjoyed the tour and thought it was well worth seeing.

mrdanielcruz 03-08-2015 11:10 PM

I would love to visit it. When is the best time of the year to visit the museum?

dbdbb 03-09-2015 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by mrdanielcruz (Post 15159065)
I would love to visit it. When is the best time of the year to visit the museum?

I can't say if any time is better, I have been to the museum twice and the tour of the plant once. Both times I was in Detroit for the Autorama.
During school months there are a lot of field trips to the museum. I didn't mind the kids in general, but there were a few times they were a bit loud.

mrdanielcruz 03-10-2015 01:18 AM

Thanks for replying!

I guess I'll just avoid visiting it during school months. Thanks again!

cmturner1382 03-12-2015 11:07 PM

My wife and I did the tour when we were in town for the Detroit auto show. It was realy impressive to see the trucks being put together. I would reccomend the tour and the museum to anyone.

TenaciousT 09-18-2015 10:43 AM

Well I finally did the Factory Tour . Was well worth the time . Theater 2 wow ! Would have liked to see the "Marriage" not just the Cab assembly . They were installing the rear glass and most had the small opening window , I swear it also had a round hole for something ? All seamed to be the extra or crew cab. Nobody order a single cab ? In the lobby they had a Eco-boost engine and the piston that goes in it . Now I've seen a lot of pistons - motorcycle , snow blowers , cars - but that is one crazy looking piston !

Frantz 09-18-2015 11:51 AM

I didn't have time to do the tour of the factory, but "The Henry Ford" is absolutely awesome if you're into industrialization. Very good variety of makes and models in the car segment as well. I was very impressed.