Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   Driver's Side Sagging (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1357636-drivers-side-sagging.html)

2015F350 01-19-2015 09:51 PM

Driver's Side Sagging

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...acbc5b786c.jpg

Front Driver's Side

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...fffe7267f8.jpg

Front Passenger Side

Anyone with a 2015 F350 have this issue. I parked the truck in the garage today to do some detail cleaning, and noticed it sagging on the driver's side. Seems like the front coil springs are weak on the driver's side. I called the dealer and they told me to bring it in. They are going to look at it tomorrow. Look at the images, it's almost an inch difference. Truck has never been off-road yet, only has 4000 miles. At first I thought it was a low tire but I checked both tires have 70 PSI. Then I thought it was the floor so I measured from the tire to the fender and got the same results.

Wrighton 01-19-2015 10:01 PM

I have the driver side sag as well with full tank 35 gal of fuel, I don't think its spring sag more like weight distribution with the fuel tank.

2015F350 01-19-2015 10:03 PM

Why would that affect the front spring and not the rear. The tank is under the bed.

Wrighton 01-19-2015 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by 2015F350 (Post 15010556)
Why would that affect the front spring and not the rear. The tank is under the bed.

I have seen about 1/2" difference also between the rear driver side and passenger side measuring at the overload spring to the stop, again I measured with a full tank. There have also been posts on the same issue. Yes fuel tank is under the bed but it's on the driver side of the frame. Hey, I'm with you on this issue, my 97 f350 didn't sag like my 2012.

Dakster 01-20-2015 03:38 AM

My 2015 also rides a whole lot nicer than a new 1997 did too...

roadrunner01 01-20-2015 05:07 AM

This is something that has been talked about for years. Through weight distribution the drivers side is dedicated to be noticeably lower on level surfaces to account for the crown in road surfaces. Almost all roads have crown in them to allow water to drain off to the berm, so when you drive your superduty you don't notice it quite so much with the drivers side a bit lower.

ruschejj 01-20-2015 05:58 AM

Have someone sit in the passenger seat and measure again.

Stand on the rear bumper, jump up and down for a few seconds and measure again.

I would also check again with 1/2 tank of fuel.

Just some ideas....

Lastwagen 01-20-2015 06:55 AM

Mine sags too. About 1/2" but still noticeable in a parking lot. I'm sure more when I'm in the truck. I'd like to shim it to level it. Any suggestions on front or rear shims?

djousma 01-20-2015 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Lastwagen (Post 15011094)
Mine sags too. About 1/2" but still noticeable in a parking lot. I'm sure more when I'm in the truck. I'd like to shim it to level it. Any suggestions on front or rear shims?

Ford actually makes a shim for this very purpose. Had to have one installed on my 2005 for this very reason. It was installed on the rear axle. Was successful in getting it covered by warranty after a little haggling. Seems even though it was visibly noticeable, it wasnt "out of tolerance", in their words.

Lastwagen 01-20-2015 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by djousma (Post 15011275)
Ford actually makes a shim for this very purpose. Had to have one installed on my 2005 for this very reason. It was installed on the rear axle. Was successful in getting it covered by warranty after a little haggling. Seems even though it was visibly noticeable, it wasnt "out of tolerance", in their words.

I'll check with the dealer. I'm thinking that if it's shimmed in the rear there shouldn't be any alignment issues. Thanks for the reply.

Blapensee 01-20-2015 01:27 PM

mine sags also. swapping the front springs won't change anything. its pretty annoying to me but its just they way they are..

Tofan 01-20-2015 04:47 PM

There is a procedure in the service manual to correct this problem!! I only have the one for the 08-10 trucks but I can't imagine its much different. I'll post it later when I get home.

2015F350 01-20-2015 09:10 PM

Well after a trip to the dealer, which was a waste of time and fuel, they state it is within tolerance levels. They decline to do anything since they state it can be as much as 5/8" difference according to the Ford dealer. They do acknowledge that it is sagging but they said it is at an acceptable level. I guess I'm going to have to live with it, or shim it myself if I want it right.

djousma 01-21-2015 10:28 AM

you can ask them to appeal to the regional guy, and see wht happens. Dealer did the same thing to me. Regional guy approved it. Shouldnt have to pay to fix it, but now that you know, its gonna bug you forever. Parts cannot be that expensive. The shim is about 1/2" thick 4"x4"(approx) square block of metal that sits between the axle and spring pack. Pretty sure the kit comes with longer hardware to bolt it all back together too.

I dont have the truck that needed it anymore, so my recollection could be a bit foggy.

U235Fishin' 01-22-2015 06:30 AM

I am a chronologically enhanced sailor ..... I'm used to dealing with a list. :D