Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   FTE Brotherhood strikes again...Thanks strokin'_tatsch and Toreador_Diesel!!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1329180-fte-brotherhood-strikes-again-thanks-strokin_tatsch-and-toreador_diesel.html)

strokin'_tatsch 08-14-2014 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by itsnotanova (Post 14582359)
Thanks Travis! I'm very very very interested in looking under the hood of your 95.

Here's when it was clean. There's not much to see now. Everything is covered in soot because both the uppipe bellows are blown apart. Lol.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/...d/IMAG0015.jpg

itsnotanova 08-14-2014 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch (Post 14582336)
Also, the switch to the SD turbo setup really isn't worth the cash or effort. You'd be time and money ahead to just put some injectors in it if you want faster spool up.

Your knowledge of these things is light years above mine, so don't think I'm arguing with you. My thoughts are that I must have an intercooler and I need this truck to be reliable. I also want it to be easily fixable anywhere in the country I might be with it. For the price difference between OBS and Sd up pipes I could mostly switch over to the SD system. My goal at this time is to go with E-pump, SD turbo/up pipes/IC/pedestal, Stage 1s or 2s, 17 HPOP and a tune. I have a WWII in my SD and plan on getting another one if I go the SD turbo on this truck.

strokin'_tatsch 08-14-2014 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by itsnotanova (Post 14582454)
Your knowledge of these things is light years above mine, so don't think I'm arguing with you. My thoughts are that I must have an intercooler and I need this truck to be reliable. I also want it to be easily fixable anywhere in the country I might be with it. For the price difference between OBS and Sd up pipes I could mostly switch over to the SD system. My goal at this time is to go with E-pump, SD turbo/up pipes/IC/pedestal, Stage 1s or 2s, 17 HPOP and a tune. I have a WWII in my SD and plan on getting another one if I go the SD turbo on this truck.

Unless the uppipe donuts are currently leaking, I wouldn't mess with them. You might contact Jim @ Rosewood. At one time he was modifying OBS uppipes to bellowed pipes so that we weren't forced to buy IH pipes. I don't know if he's still doing them or not. To switch over to the SD setup, you'll need to change one of the exhaust manifolds(the driver side IIRC), the uppipes, pedistal, turbo, and intake plenums. The good thing about that is you won't be forced to find an E99 spider when you do the IC. We'll have to talk more about the setup. I know I have some tan interior parts for you, so I'm sure we'll be meeting in person to talk it all over.

Christof13T 08-14-2014 05:42 PM

Why does the exhaust manifold need to be switched?
I looked dang hard to spot any differences when converting the motor for TXtinct...
Any i found seemed to be cosmetic. Mounting location alignment on all fronts looked identical... but i did not take them to the shop and put them on my bench. It was just eyeball measurements... highly technical lol.

Do you know offhand what the significant differences are Travis?

strokin'_tatsch 08-18-2014 12:03 PM

The outlet on the SD manifold is around an inch longer IIRC. Tom S had some pretty good pictures floating around somewhere from when he swapped to the SD stuff. You might try finding those.

Christof13T 08-18-2014 03:58 PM

I still have that set i pulled off the obs motor that went into TXtinct. I had blasted and phosphate treated them in anticipation of putting them on my truck...

I will hold on to them till Zombieheart goes in, and if they dont get used i will offer them up to the Brotherhood for proper disposal. I might revisit the discussion of their differences when i yank the set off Motorbug's ticker.

Dan V 08-18-2014 04:17 PM

The trained machinists eye can be pretty good!

RedBoat 08-18-2014 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by mueckster (Post 14570004)
Them Texas boys get'r done! Put the word out and things happen. :-X22 Reps to both when I can. :-drink

I hit strokin'_tatsch for ya Roland!:-wink