Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Missouri Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum104/)
-   -   Aug BS, Stories n Lies (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1328334-aug-bs-stories-n-lies.html)

earthquake68 08-17-2014 10:09 AM

Good Morning Everybody!

I'm off to the shop to work on the C-cab. I just need to find the camera. My niece wants me to list her car on CL. Anyone need cheap transportation?

77&79F250 08-17-2014 11:42 AM

What is it and how much?

Oh and morning there folks...I finished dinner here 4 hrs ago.

earthquake68 08-17-2014 06:23 PM

Rich. I think it's a 2001 Grand Am. Silver four door with a 2.4L 4 banger. It's already had a timing chain and ignition system replaced. (the two major things to go wrong with these engines) Not sure on the mileage or the price yet. She never showed up today so I could look at it. :confused:

Anyway, I DID get the grill done on the C-cab. Not too shabby if I do say so myself. I couldn't find the camera before I left, so I'll have to get pictures tomorrow.

whiskey runner 08-17-2014 07:39 PM

glad to hear ya got the grille done alan. i will have to sneak by soon.. i did not stay all 3 days of the swap meet.. we left last night.. did ok just over a grand in sales between parts and my models... the 71 f100 ran great except for the fuel tank problem.. averaged a little over 20mpg and pulled my little trailer like it wasn't there.. i took today off..i needed it..:)

earthquake68 08-17-2014 09:55 PM

Great news, RC!

whiskey runner 08-18-2014 05:26 AM

good morning missouri... hope today is maybe just a touch cooler than yesterday.. i have been wondering how dave is doing.. have i missed where he has checked in lately??
if i get the fuel tank off and cleaned on the 71 .. then get it going again!! i may see about getting up toward sparta and checking on the progress of a certain c-cab ..:)

earthquake68 08-18-2014 06:57 AM

Good Morning Everybody!

RC. I'll be at the car lot today trying to catch up on the work junior put off when he was "working". I noticed quite a few cars displaced over the weekend. Either Jerry had one heck of a Saturday selling cars, or they were farmed out to other shops to try and catch up.

I'll be at my shop after I'm done at the car lot. I hope to have Bandit shifting gears if the pin out Jeff gave me is correct.

cyclopsblown34 08-18-2014 06:59 AM

Good morning everybody, oil change is done on Blackbird, now for the first drive to work in it. Muggy already here.

9228.bobcat 08-18-2014 09:00 AM

Morning. Will be working on the 05 KR today. Got to get it done.lol

77&79F250 08-18-2014 09:10 AM

Well morning there boys, I'm back in the saddle and about to pop the chute on another one, we should test fly out 1st one at 10:00. Pics later....

Its already 6 PM here and I am working my way to the dinner table.

Awesome deal on the swap meat RC, dang I wish I could of made it. Sounds like money was pouring out folks pockets and I had some empty 5 gal buckets......lol.

Dave you out there?

Chip what the schedule on the EB? Ahead of Ms Dent?:-X19 :-D

Alan I can just imagine the c cab grill being as sharp as the rest of it, for sure.

Eric you locate your splitter and saw yet, them dang knuckle heads stole?

cyclopsblown34 08-18-2014 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by 77&79F250 (Post 14592349)
Well morning there boys, I'm back in the saddle and about to pop the chute on another one, we should test fly out 1st one at 10:00. Pics later....

Its already 6 PM here and I am working my way to the dinner table.

Awesome deal on the swap meat RC, dang I wish I could of made it. Sounds like money was pouring out folks pockets and I had some empty 5 gal buckets......lol.

Dave you out there?

Chip what the schedule on the EB? Ahead of Ms Dent?:-X19 :-D

Alan I can just imagine the c cab grill being as sharp as the rest of it, for sure.

Eric you locate your splitter and saw yet, them dang knuckle heads stole?

Yessir, EB before Ms Dent. Alex has her cab and bed sitting in a barn and said I'm welcome to either haul her there to put them on or borrow his tractor with forks to put her together at my house.

77&79F250 08-18-2014 09:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by cyclopsblown34 (Post 14592372)
Yessir, EB before Ms Dent

The shock and awe syndrome just hit me, lol :-X03

Really...just really, how could you do that to the ol girl?

Aw heck it's ok, I know how you could, cause I've done it myself. lol

Chip's EB tip of the day, storage ideas.

cyclopsblown34 08-18-2014 03:09 PM

That's a neat idea Rich, if I were keeping it, I'd be doing things differently for fun. Since it'll be up for sale as soon as it is done, restored(boring) is the goal. Ms Dent will get the fun stuff done to her.

77&79F250 08-18-2014 03:22 PM

So the EB is a flip ride wow...I hope you will never be sorry you ever let it go. Need any parts I have s stash of EB part too.

cyclopsblown34 08-18-2014 03:26 PM

yessir, it is a flip-ride. I have to in order to get into wheeling and dealing other vehicles and still afford to fix up Ms Dent and the convertible. I'll let you know what I need for it.