Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Utah Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum144/)
-   -   Late 2014 BS Chat (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1321906-late-2014-bs-chat.html)

wooddyusa 06-24-2014 07:27 PM

Late 2014 BS Chat

Now that its just about July I guess a 2014 chat is appropriate. SOrry I havent been around. My HD and those forums have taken up much of my time. My truck is running really well. I really need to fix or replace my manifold gaskets...should do headers soon but it will have to wait a while. Maybe this winter. How is everyone else? AL is getting married if know one knew. Congrats!!! I hope you feeling better as well. Twanstyle I hope your doing well aslo. Im hopefull that we can at least start to chat occasionally. To everyone else as well... How are you and hows your rig??

Bigal84088 06-24-2014 08:43 PM

Hey TJ thanks it's just less then 100 days away now I'm pretty excited and we're moving into our apartment July 1st.. My beast is doing good its still up in the air if I will sell it but will see my Fiancé says I should just keep it and will make it work and she loves that truck. I'm doing better my health is getting better slowly but getting better at least. I saw you went to Kiss last night (20th time) that's just awesome. How was it? How is your beast doing? We still need to have a meet or cruise sometime with all our trucks.

IB Tim 07-06-2014 02:08 PM

Hello everyone...hope your weekend of celebrating our country's birthday has been great!

Twanstyle 08-07-2014 11:47 PM

all is well on my end pretty quiet actually thanks for asking
I am also really glad to hear your all doing good
CONGRATZ AL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! really awesome dude my girl loves the truck as well (actually cant get her to take her civic more than to work all summer)

wolfie1961 08-12-2014 10:34 AM

New guy from Draper here. Back to owning a Bronco and a Ford. We bought an '88 Bronco for our son when he turned 16 and the wife loved it. Unfortunately, a lady in a Grand Cherokee on her cell phone ran a red light and totaled it.

We decided to sell the 3/4T truck because the wife hated parking it when she drove it. Instead of buying a new truck, I explained to the wife that I could buy an older, nicer vehicle that not a lot of people have, and put the money from the sale of the truck into it and have virtually a new truck for 1/5 of the price.

So we went out looking at a number of broncos (tough to find a nice one in Utah), and test drove a bunch of them. We found one in Bountiful (it's first 10 years was with the South Jordan Fire Department) and I let her drive it around a little in a dirt lot as I wanted to see how it tracked and to see how the 4x was working. When I had her take it out of 4x and she found out how great of a turning radius it had, she was having a blast. Anyone ever get a kick out of seeing a 50+ year old woman doing doughnuts in a dirt lot?? The grin on her face was priceless. Next thing you know we had a Bronco in the driveway.

Since it's purchase, I've bought new wheels and tires, just replaced the radius arm bushings (what a PITA!!), and let her drive it last night. She came back with a huge grin on her face. She loved driving it. Next up I want to replace the fuel pump as a preventative step. I think I'll be looking for another Bronco as she wants to sell her car and drive mine.

Twanstyle 08-12-2014 12:25 PM

just saw this before your post wolf Classifieds for Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming | ksl.com
and keep looking at this one id love to see your wife doing donuts in it 1979 Ford Bronco | ksl.com

and in case anyone is interested I have a set of 4 black 15x10 5X5.5 rims I am not using not really trying to sell but I will if anyone here wants them

IB Tim 09-28-2014 01:34 PM

Good afternoon to everyone in Utah. Hey, what's up in your part of the country?

wolfie1961 10-02-2014 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by IB Tim (Post 14699625)

Fall!!! Freakin' Fall!!! It's cooling off!!! Where'd the summer go?????:-arrgh

wooddyusa 10-04-2014 08:16 PM

Congratulations Al!!! It looked like a wonderful wedding and honeymoon from what I saw. I saw you had your truck up for sale there for awhile. Did you sell it? Great news about your health. That has got to be the most important thing...without that not much else matters. Kiss was fantastic. My wife claims 11 times but I can only recall 8 or 9. lol.. the 80s were a bit of a blurr. lol. My truck was rarely used this summer. Unfortunately it emmisions time again.

Originally Posted by Bigal84088 (Post 14456686)
Hey TJ thanks it's just less then 100 days away now I'm pretty excited and we're moving into our apartment July 1st.. My beast is doing good its still up in the air if I will sell it but will see my Fiancé says I should just keep it and will make it work and she loves that truck. I'm doing better my health is getting better slowly but getting better at least. I saw you went to Kiss last night (20th time) that's just awesome. How was it? How is your beast doing? We still need to have a meet or cruise sometime with all our trucks.

wooddyusa 10-04-2014 08:25 PM

Hey Wolfie. Welcome! Not far from ya Im in West Jordan. Sorry to hear about your 88 being totalled. Hopefully everyone was OK.

Broncos are great rigs. Im hoping Ford brings them back soon.

I opted to buy an older truck too when I bought mine. Definately cheaper that a new one but its getting close! LOL. Ive dumped A LOT of money into mine since I bought it. Its an ongoing project. I plan to have it for a long long time so rather that a $400/MO payment I have Frankenstien! LOL.

Im hopefull that at some point we can all get together. Winter is coming and thats when I drove mine most.

Again Welcome to the chapter!

Originally Posted by wolfie1961 (Post 14577187)
New guy from Draper here. Back to owning a Bronco and a Ford. We bought an '88 Bronco for our son when he turned 16 and the wife loved it. Unfortunately, a lady in a Grand Cherokee on her cell phone ran a red light and totaled it.

We decided to sell the 3/4T truck because the wife hated parking it when she drove it. Instead of buying a new truck, I explained to the wife that I could buy an older, nicer vehicle that not a lot of people have, and put the money from the sale of the truck into it and have virtually a new truck for 1/5 of the price.

So we went out looking at a number of broncos (tough to find a nice one in Utah), and test drove a bunch of them. We found one in Bountiful (it's first 10 years was with the South Jordan Fire Department) and I let her drive it around a little in a dirt lot as I wanted to see how it tracked and to see how the 4x was working. When I had her take it out of 4x and she found out how great of a turning radius it had, she was having a blast. Anyone ever get a kick out of seeing a 50+ year old woman doing doughnuts in a dirt lot?? The grin on her face was priceless. Next thing you know we had a Bronco in the driveway.

Since it's purchase, I've bought new wheels and tires, just replaced the radius arm bushings (what a PITA!!), and let her drive it last night. She came back with a huge grin on her face. She loved driving it. Next up I want to replace the fuel pump as a preventative step. I think I'll be looking for another Bronco as she wants to sell her car and drive mine.

wooddyusa 10-04-2014 08:27 PM

Its been pretty quiet. Fall has arrived and everyone is just as excited as can be for the snow to arrive! LOL. JK. Im looking forward to driving my rig and spending sometime here in the forum. The Harley will be put away much to soon.

Originally Posted by IB Tim (Post 14699625)

wooddyusa 10-04-2014 08:31 PM

TWANSTYLE!! How are ya? Last time we spoke I believe you had a wiring fire of some kind. Did you keep the truck?

IB Tim 11-11-2014 12:31 PM

Hug your Veterans Day! Enjoy and celebrate.

carbs & chrome 11-18-2014 12:04 PM

Hey guys I have the stock Dana out of my '54 that I need to get rid of (switched to a 9"). If you or someone you know is interested / looking shoot me a PM, thanks. It's currently in West Jordan.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...ff2b7191eb.jpg

IB Tim 11-30-2014 09:29 AM

Happy December, Utah! Enjoy the rest of your weekend...