Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.2L V8 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum206/)
-   -   5.4L upgraded to 6.2L - WOW! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1313394-5-4l-upgraded-to-6-2l-wow.html)

RUNVS 05-06-2014 04:25 PM

5.4L upgraded to 6.2L - WOW!

Finally, I am retiring my 2002 F-250. This has been a very reliable truck and has never failed to perform a task I asked it to do.

However, with the growing family it was time to get the Crew Cab I have been eyeing for the last couple of years. I found a 2012 F-350 XLT 6.2L with 13k miles locally and I jumped on it!! 4x4, crew, longbed, 4.30's with diff lock - with Ford Focus tires!! OMG, seriously, why do they put such tiny tires on these trucks!! That will be getting remedied soon!

So, while still spending my time in the Super Duty thread and the Ohio Chapter, I will shifting my 5.4L time to the 6.2L thread!

I can't believe the power difference from the 5.4L to the 6.2L - and I look at it this way - all that power w/o a loss of MPG's!!! I have to look at it like that, otherwise I would just cry that a 10-year newer truck has no better mileage, LOL!! It does act like an old turbo, though, where the motor needs to spool up before feeling your butt put against the back of the seat. These put out more hp than the V-10s and early diesels, though they still can't touch the torque of those engines - which is the real measurement of power! I have had it for a week-and-a-half and love it!! There are some "old man" items on there like a chrome wind deflector and chrome window visors - those will be getting removed soon!! :)

I admit I have perused this forum for months as I was looking for info on the 6.2 vs. the 6.7 and while rare, there were some concerning disaster stories with the 6.7 while all you 6.2 guys can't seem to say enough good things (aside from mpg)! I am just starting to look into mods so if anyone has anything to suggest - throw it out here!! I don't suppose full-length headers are available are they? :)

2000silverbullet 05-06-2014 05:27 PM

Congrats! You ought to try and make Monsters Ohio meet that's coming up. It'd be nice to have another 6.2 there.

Then we can compare stock to tuned w/ 35" tires.

RUNVS 05-06-2014 05:31 PM

Matt, when I said I would try to make it I was thinking I would have the 2002 and if it's nice I may still ride down on 2-wheels! However, I agree, it would be nice to have apples-to-apples but the wife already said there is no way I'm pulling!!! ROFL!!

2000silverbullet 05-06-2014 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by RUNVS (Post 14324168)
Matt, when I said I would try to make it I was thinking I would have the 2002 and if it's nice I may still ride down on 2-wheels! However, I agree, it would be nice to have apples-to-apples but the wife already said there is no way I'm pulling!!! ROFL!!

What she doesn't know won't hurt her. If you're on 2 wheels, I'll throw one of mine in the back of the truck for the trip as well.